Reviews for Magic Proof
Quercus chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
haha, that was delightful. The relations between characters are spot-on and hilarious. (I especially liked Sain and Vaida, oh dear...) Anyway, I really liked how you took a specific event/idea and made it into such a wide display of a variety of characters. It was very refreshing in a category dominated by romance and adventure fics. I really wish I had something more to say; a lot of the time I find writers stick too faithfully to the mechanics of the game in their fic (different media, people... although now I'm trying to think of a system where you could do this with magic tomes in the game... XD) but here it works to the advantage of the humor, and I liked the way you added a little bit of sophistication with the staff differentiation. Thanks for writing and sharing!
Dark McCloud chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
Wow, I really liked this. It's an aspect of the game I never really thought about before, but it does make sense. Imagine if they included that in a sequel...wyvern knight resistant to magic? Hell yes!
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
Haha, quite amusing. I love Vaida's characterization in this- it's absolutely spot on! Great work.

Cheers,

-Manna
Velkyn Karma chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
Very amusing! I've only managed to get a few supports with Vaida-and nothing to A yet-but even so, I know enough about her to find this story particularly amusing. Very enjoyable, good for a laugh without getting to an overdone and rediculous point.

And I pity poor Canas and his lost tomes. As an avid reader (and fan of Canas, who is really too useful NOT to use in the games), I can really feel for the poor guy.

Nice job. Very amusing!

~Velkyn Karma
sukiyakii chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
Nemo. XD

That was the part that cracked me up the most.
El Hustino chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
Oh, that was very interesting and well-written. Nice little plot and all the characters were, well, in-character.

Vaida, as much as she scares me, is an interesting character and I can only imagine how much fun you had writing her.

Don't apologize for making it long: that's a GOOD thing, as far as I'm concerned.

Excellent job.
Renn chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
Lol! the idea was so great! I really loved every bit of it, it was so funny! Vaida was SO in character...well, everyone was, but she was just hilarious! And Heath! He's just too adorable! Loved it to death!
CrossoverQueen chapter 1 . 1/11/2006
This was VERY interesting. To be honest, Vaida scares me. A lot.

But that doesn't mean I don't like her. Your concept of wyverns being magic-proof for a while is unique and very refreshing. And amusing. I especially like everyone's interaction with Vaida, and how Harken is the only one who doesn't seem scared/intimidated by her.

And to summarize, this fic was excellent.
R Amythest chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
Well, the fic does seem to have a *very* long beginning, given the eventual main plot of the fic, but it was so highly amusing all the way through, I really don't mind.

And, erm, Vaida was a tad too annoyed/bitter/snappy at everyone when they came to investigate in the earlier portion of the fic. Not overly so, though.

A very nice read all the way through.
Luna's Shame chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
I very much enjoyed this story. You hardly ever find well written stories of this length, and I enjoyed every bit of it. Also, the Legault/Heath bits were muchly appreciated. There should be more of it in the world. And now whenever I see the sun I'll think of a BURNING PIE OF DEATH. Write more!
General Subwoofer chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
What a NICE story. I loved every bit of it, I really did. It was very original and I liked most of the main characters (Vaida, Heath, Legault, Canas) both because very unique in fan fiction (I don't see them often, at least), and because I love those characters anyway. Also, the characters bouncing off each other was great. I really don't have any negative comments for this fic, for it doesn't have any real mistakes. It's just a great, original tale of wyverns. Man, I loved the Vacation (Legault/Heath) one you made a while a go, and I adored this one. I think I have to put you on my favorite authors! Great job!

Best Regards,

General Subwoofer
Amethyst Bubble chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
Ammy a very, very amused kitty who would leave a longer review if she had the time. But I don't. But I will let you know that this will keeping me grinning like a maniac for a long, long time. There is not enough Vaida fiction out there and yours was nicely done indeed.

-Ammy
Phoenixfire1389 chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
*giggles* This is really GOOD fire emblem humor. I like Canas's idea of a Wyvren Mage. Maybe the mage's great magical resistance would even out the Wyvern's crappy magical resistance? Anyway, great story!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
Great story, even better than the other one about Heath and Legault! Kept all the characters in character. I would offer constructive critique, but there were no mistakes I could see. This was my favorite part:

Surviving an Elfire tome, of all things. Perhaps she really was indestructible. No, she would not allow a freak accident to bolster her ego—although, being entirely magic proof did appeal to her, now that she thought about it.
trimurti chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
Oh, I'll tell you what I really think. I enjoyed it very much, especially with Vaida as the main character. Plus, the fact that the origin of the story concept comes from the Canas/Vaida supports strikes me as being very original (and since the supports in question are hilarious to begin with, it really brightens up the story). The interaction between all the characters is very well done, and one can truly get a feel for all of the characters in the story. This story is the first one that has made me like Legault, which shows me just how well you can liven these characters up. And oh, the fact that you focus on some relatively unused characters and character relationships and do it so well makes this story a rare treat!

The progression and overall flow of the story is put together very well, despite (or because?) of the relative lack of description-I've forgotten what it's like to read a story that gets to the point with acute concisiveness. It fits well with Vaida, blunt and with no preamble. I also thought that what the plot details-wyverns, their susceptibility to magic, and a possible cure-was extremely original. I wish I'd thought of it first. ;) Fanfiction based on the little details almost always turn out to be fascinating, and this is no different. The humor inherent in the supports the story takes a page from is just as prevalent here as it is there, and I found myself smiling and laughing the whole way through.

On the criticism side, "Don't catch him on fire now, Nino." and the other usage of 'catching the wyvern rider's hair on fire' read awkwardly. Do you mean 'set'? Something can 'catch' on fire passively, but since Legault is worried about Nino actively burning Heath's hair, it would be 'set'. That's all I got.

So, I enjoyed the story very much. And the idea of Canas giving Hugh a wyvern still makes me crack up. By the way, considering what 'Umbriel' is derived from, I thought the line at the end, about him being Vaida's 'perpetual shadow', was very fitting. Great job, and I hope to see more of your stories!