Reviews for Pain of Memory
Suffermysolipsism chapter 11 . 1/6
Great, original story!
Guest chapter 11 . 1/26/2014
Excellent grasp of the characters, you had me glued. Only request would be a bit more of an epilogue (how Sisko and Bashir's relationship improved, more on Jake, Garak, O'Brien). Either way, excellent job!
Iawen Londea chapter 11 . 7/17/2013
Just read this whole story today. It was wonderful. I loved that it was Sisko who took the risk to take Julian to Agideo Prime, what with the history between them. He didn't even realize he was saving Julian's life, but as I was reading I had a feeling it would progress that far if not treated. I only wish we'd been able to see O'Brien, Jake, Kira and Garak find out/see that Julian was cured. Ah, alas. We cannot have it all. Sometimes it is good to be left wanting.

Definitely adding this to my favorites.
samantha.m.ramsay chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
This was amazing! I'd had an idea for a story that had some of these same elements, but knew I wouldn't be able to do it justice. I'm glad someone did!
Hummingbird2 chapter 11 . 10/25/2012
That was intriguing, sad at times, and quite riveting. Too bad you're not writing the novels, as this would've made a darn good one, thank you!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 11 . 9/1/2012
nice
kawaii yuki-chan chapter 11 . 5/9/2012
Wow, just WOW. Great story! It flowed so much like a true episode that by about chapter 4 or so I totally forgot I was reading a fanfic! Wonderful dialogue and trueness of character that it was very believable. Going to add to my favorites now.
Leona Esperanza chapter 11 . 10/25/2011
This was fantastic! Very believable, very touching - I started to tear up when Bashir was leaving the station and everyone was there to see him off. I love it!
alexandra chapter 11 . 8/24/2011
This was sooo, good. I wish there was more about Miles in it but overall very very well done. Also I like how she used Jake as the caretaker. It was well worth my time
deeply-spaced chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
I'm so enthralled that I'm shouting in my head for Julian to tell somebody what the hell is happening! It's horrible what is happening to him and yet he can't remember. I adore how the Chief is taking care of him ... getting him breakfast and coming to check on him. They are so cute. Great chapter. Such skilled writing.
Katta chapter 11 . 7/17/2011
Even though I was pretty sure things would work out all right in the end, this made me cry. A lot. This story was incredibly touching, and you made great use of Jake in particular.
Butterfly Hippie chapter 11 . 2/16/2010
let me just say, i loved this story. rarely have i seen such a well written and intriguing DS9 story. and the fact that it's Bashir-centric gives it extra points. welcome to my favs!
Fastern chapter 11 . 2/7/2010
That is the strangest thing. I had an idea for a story that went along the same basis of this: genetic engineering reverses itself, crew ends up using illegal genetic engineering to "cure" Bashir. Coincidences. The mystery of mankind.

I thought the story was very well done. You had characterizations without loosing plot. It really feels like it is put into the Star Trek universe, and I feel that you took a very professional approach to this story, which I always admire in an author. The portrayal of mental illness was also - I thought - very powerful and felt accurate. (I won't pretend to know everything, however.) I feel that this story is a wonderful testment to seeing things through the eyes of people who have a mental illness. I enjoyed the way you put together the narrative and dialogue, as it was very convincing. I found the last line to be quite amusing and excellent way to wrap up the whole story.

There were some things I don't like. I wished that other characters other than Sisko and Jake had a bigger role, characters such as Garak, Ezri, and Miles. I felt that if this really happened to Julian, these three specifically would be more heavily involved in the situation. Also, I never got the impression that both Siskos have the strongest relationship with Julian. (But I could be wrong, as I havent seen the full series, yet.)

Still, it was a very good story, and very memorable.
Brandiwine chapter 11 . 1/1/2010
I love this story. I cried a lot. I hate the Dominion for what they did. I was surprised by what did Cisco did, but he was always our hero. There is a grammar problem in a chapter. I'm sorry, but I can't remember. It is was that should be were. Other than that, it's wonderful. I'm putting it in my favorites.
garibaldi4 chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
What a terrific story! :)
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »