Reviews for anything I own'
Rose O' Sharon chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
wow. Oh. Wow. This was an amazing story. The characterization, the emotion, the action . . .

I am crying buckets and I need to pick my son up from school. People are going to think I'm nuts, but this was just . . . wow.

Thanks for writing!
mbj chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
Fantastic story although I cried through the whole thing! Love the song, its from my era...wish I had known about those zines back before the internet, I feel as tho I really missed out, I use to always imagine my fav tv characters in different situations back then. Love your writing style, and especially your ncis stories!
mbj chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
This is so very hard for ,I will start by saying I read this long time is truly a very sad story.I nearly cried with it.

Milt was so heartbroken over Marks death God heloved him so much.

Milt never thought much of Sonny Daye and even less of him now with the way he never showed up for Marks Funeral or or called or anything till a week after he showed up to see what he could get outof it never loved should have just stay was never there for him any other time.

JeanneZ84
abharding chapter 1 . 12/24/2005
I loved this story the first time I read and was glad (is that the right word given the subject matter?) to see it here.

I love the idea of something happening to Mark and the Judge having to live with the guilt of being - however indirectly - responible for Mark's death. And I am glad that he did recover somewhat and was able to go on. To make sure that something good came of it.

Hope to see more of your wonderful fics posted here.
MedicLifeline chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
Very very touching. Once again a tear wringer. Needed extra tissues. Thanks so much for sharing.
ScreamLLC chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
..."need your hankies"? I needed two towels! What a hauntingly beautiful story. I find myself going back to it again and again. Mark had the foresight and concern to tell the Judge it wasn't his fault and then Sonny turns around and burns him with "I wasn't the one who got him killed." I've often wondered what Hardcastle and McCormick would say to one another when faced with immediate death. We've seen snippets, like in "Do Not Go Gentle..." and "She Ain't Deep..." (I like how you incorporated that conversation into this story.) But, the brush across the face and the "Don't let go" are moments that we never got to see in the series. Oh, there were so many moments where the true admiration and affection of their relationship was implied or communicated by a third party (ie "Millie" in "If You Could See...") or TO a third party (like when Mark talks about not believing that the Judge is gone in "The Homecoming".) But, it was nice to hear what we've known all along. And, it was nice to see them say it to each other. And, the flowers...what a Mark thing to do. Reminds me of the wreath in "Hate the Picture...", but it's a million times better and so very meaningful. The record playing, the lyrics, and "the goals attained and those that were promised" are all very poignant moments. Thanks so much for a wonderful story.
DixieDavenport chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
The ending fit McCOrmick to a tee! I can see him doing this while alive!
owlcroft chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
What can I add to the reviews already posted? This is a story that sticks in your mind for hours. The part I seem to remember most often is the crystal-clear snapshot of Sonny when he collects his "inheritance". That last line of his to the Judge is so cruel, so heart-breaking, that you want to slap him.

Marvellous job, Liz. Now write us a happier one!
L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
A painfully realistic depiction of sudden death and its consequences. And lodged in the middle of the story, almost as an aside, is a wonderfully telling line:

". . . that the bullet had stopped in the spinal column, had in all probability prevented the bullet from passing clear through McCormick and striking Hardcastle as well.

He wished it had."

And yet there's something strangely consoling about the picking up and going on-the ordinary courage of continuing to live in the face of despair.
cheride chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
I have never been able to read through this without tears in my eyes, and this time was no exception. I think it is the way that there is such exuberant life just before there is suddenly no life at all that makes it all too real. And then the grief is so profound. Of all the moments that just wrench at my heart-and there are a lot of them-the one that always sticks with me is the table set for two. It is just horribly beautiful. This is a lovely, lovely piece of work.