Reviews for Near miss
KayValo87 chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Hmm ... one can only wonder ... ;)
straywriting chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
Haha, I loved it. I got a bit confused for about a second with the Santa part and then I started laughing 'cause I got it. Very ingenious.
Spense chapter 1 . 12/24/2005
Terrific! I love it. I like how you taken Virgil's frustration at 'working' on Christmas eve, and his being slightly down, and turning it around with his 'near miss'. Lovely story, and perfect since I'm reading it at 9:30pm on Christmas eve. Christmas and Tracy boys . . . how can it get any better? Nice job.
Lady Viva chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
This is just what I needed to rid myself of the stresses of a crazed day. This was purely beautiful. I agree with MCJ, take a bow. You always should! Bravo, my friend and thank you!
Agent Five chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
Oh, hell yeah! It's SANTA!

Wait ... does Santa know where Tracy Island is? How do the boys get their presents?

Or is Jeff okay with the notion of a mysterious guy who has the awesome power to traverse the entire globe in a single night to deliver precisely the correct gifts to the children whom his 'intel' has flagged as 'good' ... ?
mcj chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
Pure genius Quiller. Take a bow!

Emerald Queen chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
How lovely! How lucky is Virgil, seeing Santa! It's a pity the other two missed him, but that was such a cute image of them using each other as pillows.

Happy Christmas!
Varda's Servant chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
Bwahahaha! That's wonderful! Big ol' smile on my face now.
ms. imagine chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
I love it!

Join in, singing loud and off key - Virgil better watch out...he better not cry...he better not pout or Santa will fly...straight into his 'bird and go SPLAT! (Hey, Virge, better clean the windshield!)
ejb chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
Typical - I knew this was posted and it had to be on a day when I would never get a chance to be anywhere near a computer. Oh well, it was well worth the wait and it is nearly midnight now. A great little Christmas fic. Poor Virgil having a near miss like that and not having any witnesses to the event either as his two brothers were fast asleep. Nobody would ever believe him if he tried to tell them.

Good story beginning with the scenes of the oil refinery. Well done.
BoomerCat chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
Perfect! What a lovely little Christmas card. Well written as usual. You've brightened my day yet again.
Iniysa chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
LOL! Great story! :)

SaucerEyes chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
Quiller, that was great!

Let’s see, the new Christmas carol sung around the piano this year could go as follows: Virgil got run over by a reindeer, coming home from a mission Christmas Eve… Sorry, I’m a little tired of the old version.

Anyway, great story. Thank you for the laugh.

Tikatu chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
Very clever, quiller, and it gave me a good chuckle this morning. I was wondering when someone would use the oil tank blast as a venue for a rescue; you handled it very well with thoughtful attention to detail (especially about the workers).

A nice story for the holidays!
SeaCry10001 chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
Lol! This looks interesting...more, more!