Reviews for MAELSTROM
"God of sexual frustation"? That just totally killed me
Wanna know what I think! I think I like your writing even better than Pierces! Seriously, your story is funny, well thought out and I get those little heartaches all the time, you know, those when two characters misunderstand eachother and the story gets ineresting. I'm helplessly hooked.
Guest chapter 19 . 11/30/2013
Yes you most deffenetly are!
Theara chapter 21 . 11/2/2013
More jumping-in-to-pits-to-save-friends-from-monsters-b ecause-they-jumped-in-to-a-pit-to-save-thier-frien ds
Theara chapter 20 . 11/2/2013
You know as a reader I have started to get used to cruel authors making their poor helpless characters fall in to pits while trying to save someone else and then having to fight monsters.
Theara chapter 13 . 11/2/2013
Explain to me why you aren't famous yet
Jar615me.com chapter 17 . 6/9/2013
Hello Sonnet Lacewing! I recently decided to re-read the immortals quartet because I hadn't read them in about ten years and I wanted to be reacquainted with some of my favorite characters ever invented. Numair is the second fictional character I ever fell in love with (Briar was the first) and I still have a place in my heart for him.
When I finished reading the quartet this time I found myself longing for more of the story, so I checked out fan fiction. I am so glad I found your stories! You obviously really know these characters! Your Daine, Numair, Alanna, and all the others seem to be entirely consistent with Tamora Pierce's. Your creativity is astounding and I find myself marveling at how much more you were able to add to the plot of the series without creating any contradictions with the quartet. Even the spells you come up with seem completely plausible. Because of all this, I have come to accept all of your stories as canon in my own mind. It is now impossible for me to separate what happened in Tamora Pierce's stories, and what happened in yours. I consider it all to be true.
Thank you for giving me more time with these characters who I love so dearly!
Spike Wells chapter 12 . 3/20/2013
Its a nice story, but it really doesn't dovetail with the original story. You keep adding things into the story that are unrealistic in that if they were to actually happen there's no way they wouldn't have been mentioned in the book. Also you've created immortals that aren't mentioned in the books, that's just silly if what you're hoping to achieve is to write a companion story to stopper the gaps in RotG!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
I thought this was excellent
garbit chapter 10 . 6/3/2010
No, Numair! Don't succumb to the depression! Soon enough you'll start wearing all black and...oh, yeah, too late for that one... Anyway, I liked the girl talk to help support Daine.
garbit chapter 6 . 6/3/2010
(snort) god of sexual frustration. Niiice one.
Liz chapter 5 . 5/2/2010
Your humour is exquisite! Especially how your tailor-make it for each character. I really should review each chapter but I'm too sucked in to want to pause and give feedback - sorry
Liz chapter 7 . 5/2/2010
Thank-you. You have written beautifully, at a far deeper level than I have ever seen in a TP story. As a mum of teenagers (sorry, I know TP is meant to be teenage fiction but I still love it :)), your description of the complexities and range of love in relationship is wonderful (not just this chapter but in your other writings as well). I hope many young people read your writing to realise that contemprary societies fixation on lust is selling them short.

Please keep on writing, I love it
missgrey137 chapter 24 . 2/4/2010
Like usual, nothing but my highest regards. You are a genius :D
Ally-Marty chapter 24 . 8/19/2009
Nicely done! I'm not a big fan of the Immortals series, but this was great. Keep writing! :D