Reviews for Sine Qua Non: Sequel to Quid Pro Quo
Crystalzap chapter 13 . 5/21/2011
cool, it was a lil more 'chick flicky' at the end than I think it would be but everything else seemed pretty perfect, and I loved the story line it's self.

The hole underworld thing, but it seemed like the 'god' wanted them dead for more reasons than just... because. Set up for another sequel?
psquare chapter 13 . 6/26/2010
Aah... wonderful. You've a phenomenal writing ability; I mince no words. Your descriptions are amazing, your word-choice near-perfect, and the emotion nearly overwhelming. So good, so absorbing, in fact, that it's very, very difficult to find anything amiss.

Compared to your more recent stories, the writing here does not *flow* nearly as well. While the descriptions are amazing, there seems at times, little difference between Sam's and Dean's voices. Their internal monologue sounds the same. The dialogue, sometimes, feels awkward and stilted.

I know it's a little unfair to nit-pick now, years after the story's completed, but I am just so impressed by your writing, and my criticisms are just a marker for how it gets even better after this fic.

Continue with the fabulous work!
Principessa Di Morte chapter 13 . 5/17/2010
Holy FUDGE! Your writing talent never ceases to amaze me... And this isn't even a new story... Wow.I don't even know if you're really on here anymore, but on the off chance you do visit... I HAD to say something. Because this.. is amazing stuff. Taken your readers, well, through Hell and back! Kudos to you, friend. Absolutely.
MollybyGolly chapter 13 . 9/27/2006
oh, i liked it! very very good!
JazzyIrish chapter 13 . 9/27/2006
Wow...what a story. How do you expect us to read through tears? Sobs, even. What an emotional rollercoaster ride. Pixel, you really write the boys so well; all the feelings they experience within themselves and with each other. You have a dark side, too, and I love it! Our boys are never safe within your care. Loved the ending (thank God and you, I guess, since their fate was in your hands) that showed what a special bond they have.

You have a real talent here. I've been reading your stories and they are all so well written and draw the reader in immediately. You take us for a ride in every single one. Thanks for sharing your gift with us. I'll be looking for more to enjoy.
Ginger Ninja chapter 13 . 7/12/2006
Whoa. Wow.

Unbelievably clever and amazing idea and darnit I was wibbling so much.

That was a very, very good read.

casus17 chapter 13 . 6/25/2006

i know, it's a bit useless reviewing after a story has been completed, especially for such a long time, but your story touched me. i read quid pro quo as well, and i loved it just as much. i almost cried, in both.

thanks for such an entertaining story.
carocali chapter 13 . 6/16/2006
Oh my God, what a totally cool story! I absolutely loved it! I'm so mad it took me so long to get to it. Everything about it was right, and I actually had a moment where I thought you maybe did kill the boys, but I should have known. Research does pay!

What an awesome concept that where your physical body dies, your soul goes the other way. Brilliant! The thought process that goes into your stories is just truly amazing to me! I also love how they are a family again, but the boys are still hunting - knowing what they must do. Did I mention this is brilliant! I must bow to the master!

carocali chapter 4 . 6/16/2006
I'm terribly behind on your stories and I'm so sorry! I just wanted to let you know that this concept is amazing to me! I am hoping they find a way to bring Sam back and that he doesn't suffer too much. It seems awful for him so far, but I do love that Mary is here and the reunion with John is heartwarming. I'm off to read more, but wanted to let you know that I am enjoying your beautiful descriptions.

AquarianNightSky chapter 13 . 5/21/2006
WOW...just WOW. That was awesome! Great plot, I almost wish that that would really happen in the show.
Thymine chapter 13 . 4/9/2006
You... are an incrediable writer. Yet another amazing well thought out plot, written beautifully... You made me cry, damn it! Twice!

Adored reading this. Love your ideas, and I'm looking forward to reading anything you write in future.
StealerOfDreams chapter 13 . 3/20/2006
Woah... Gee thats clever. Fantastic plot.

x SoD
whimseyrhodes chapter 13 . 2/8/2006
man, am i ever sad to see this story go. you have a gift. the way you put words together is amazing (like: 'when the days grew long and the memories pressed hard.'). usually i don't like to read long bits of narrative, but yours are so intricate and philosophocal, in a way, without seeming high-handed. well done, bravo, and kudos to another great story. .
Mistro and Daquiri chapter 13 . 2/8/2006
PIXEL! I'm so sorry I didn't review earlier! I had to leave right after school on Friday for a ski trip, and I was too exhausted on Sunday night (and Monday too) to do anything but read it; I didn't have enough energy to leave a good review like this story deserves (and is my custom). This is the first chance I've had since you updated.

Ok, all that being said...onto the story!

I'm [almost] speechless. The fact that it was the end of the story took me off-guard. I was totally not expecting it already (though it makes perfectly good sense to me now). I'm kind of really sad it's over now It almost seems too soon. But now that it's over, you can write other, equally good stories, right? *With hopeful, pleading, eyes*.

Anyways, it was a really beautiful chapter, and ... it was just really beautifully written (with all the really great imagery and everything). I liked the description of the brothers' experience of dying, and then being returned to their bodies on earth. That was kinda cool to imagine. And I liked the quiet moment how they just kinda sat there against the tree together, absorbing the fact that they're back and alive and everything.

Oh, I totally did not see it coming that the thing that the gatekeeper told Sam to do in the first place was for them to die (because then they'd be sent back), and that it was really their plan the entire time. Totally did NOT see it coming. I don't even think Mistro did. Nice surprise there. And I guess that if it didn't work, then at least they would have died together, if that's any consolation.

And I liked how Mary came running up to them, and also her reaction to Sam. It'd be seeing your child for the first time in 22 years, all grown up... Anyways, enough mindless musing... I also like the kind of little "reconciliation" scene between the boys and their dad. It was sweet. I know I didn't really like John and Mary for most of the story, but this chapter made my (quite probably clinically insane) mind at peace with them.

I'm REALLY happy that you put in how they went back to go retrieve Rosaleen ( if you haven't read "Happily Ever After", it's the name Mistro and I made up for the Impala); it's the kind of thing that I would have been like "But what about the car? Poor, poor Rosaleen.", or something like that.

But yeah, I liked your ending, especially (like I haven't already said that 50 times, already!). Like, the last two paragraphs, where it talks about the boys, and how for years to come they continued to go hunt stuff, and they'd talk about their experience with each other, and only eachother. I don't know, it just seems... right.

*Clears throat* Anyways...I'm pretty much out of things to say *audience: YAY!*. I was really hoping to make this the longest review yet, as it's the last chapter of the story ... kind of like a big finale. But we're already up to 528 words, so I don't think it's going to happen at this rate, unless there is to be some serious uncontrolled ramblings about absolute nothingness (as if I'm capable of anything else!).

Hm. I'm just about totally out of things to talk about, so I'll leave it at this, then. REALLY, REALLY hope to talk to you again soon, Pix!

Love Daquiri

PS I'm assuming you watched "Nightmare". YAY! I liked it a lot better this time than last week - not stupid girls! And the saddest thing was, that for that whole last scene, all I could think of was "But what about their gun? They should get their gun back!" Ah, what a loser I am sometimes!

PPS 658 words! So close! (My record being 687) Oh well.

HealerAriel chapter 13 . 2/6/2006
*flaps hands in weepy girlish spaz-attack* I LOVE YOU!