Reviews for Memoirs of the Dragon Geisha
Rose Dorea Potter Black chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
Well, the prologue is excellent and it gives us the want to read the story.
natsuki23 chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
So interesting! Please update soon, I really am looking forward to this story! Don't abandon it!
Anon chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
Actually there were male geisha at one point they were all male then women started to call themselves geisha as well and tho rare you can still find a few male geisha in Japan
Just thought you should know
KionaRinton chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
Please update i want to read more then just the Prologue. I think this story would be great to read.
FoxJaFire chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
im confused are you going to update this or is it just a one shot thin, i hope not and wish 4 up to please continue it. ill check back later and hope u dont loose confidence in this.
dragongirl chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
its good yet it needs more chapters... you should continue the story.:) :) :) :) :):):):):):):)):):):):):P):)
beware-of-weeping-angels chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
Oh, update soon! You have me hooked! Pretty please, update soon! This is fantastic, so please, please, please update soon!
Momochuu chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
:O Very interesting. You must update.
Itchking of Angmar offline chapter 3 . 5/13/2007
don't abandon this. IT'S GOOD. come on. just give it enough thought, you can continue it!
Draco lover chapter 3 . 2/20/2007
Please update! This story's going so well! I love the suspense. I lovee this story. If you update, I'll give you lots of reviews and praises.
wraith-goddess chapter 3 . 8/5/2006
I know on your profile page it says that this story is onhiatus or about to be abandoned, but you should really continue, it sounds like a good story.
Lauren chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
Ok, so at first, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, trying to see if this was at all tongue in cheek, or if it was really well written.

First of all, your comprehension of Japanese appears to be minimal, and attempting to intersperse vague phrases into a story doesn't sccentuate anything. For example: “Onegai Hebi-sama, forgive me. I am excited. It has been a long time since Karai- I mean Mitsukai and I have seen each other.” Even if you were going to use a japanese phrase there, onegai means please, and without a verb, is quite informal. That would not sit well with someone who is your elder, and to be respected. A better choice would be sumimasen. That's just one example. Also, the japanese words innterrupt the flow of the english. If you read the novel, doublcheck the Japanese, it is minimal, and very very rarely used.

Moreover, you are telling the story throught Draco/Akuma's POV, yet there is minimal reflection. There is an overwhelming amount of dialogue. The balance is on the wrong foot here.

Also, a geisha in training would NEVER be allowed to be alone with a client, would never behave in such a manner. Nor would they go out to meet a client without proper makeup, or ever refer to themselves as a whore. Nor would they ever sub,it to being one of many mistresses in one house. Sounds more like whores in a brothel, then a geisha and her danna.

Next time you decided to bastardize a blockbuster movie that is bastardized from a classic novel, check your facts.

Better yet, don't do it.
TheSecretCharacter chapter 3 . 3/31/2006
Love it! Update soon please!
Pipa chapter 3 . 3/18/2006
omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg! I love it! i love your style of writing so much. its easy to find good story lines but to find a great story line AND a good writer is completely different! PLEASE write more soon!
RekkaKouyuu chapter 3 . 3/13/2006
You have me hooked. I'm looking forward to seeing where you're going to go with this.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »