Reviews for A Road Untraveled
Lilly McFadden chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
Absolutely my favorite 100 word ficlet! Wonderful! It evokes such emotion.
bubblygoo chapter 1 . 8/28/2006
I'm guessing Kenshin/Tomoe.
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
I can't quote a particular line that I liked this time because it is all stunningly beautiful and poignant. My heart was already out to them...and now it is out further than I thought it could go.

It would have to be enough. Because, in the end, they would have very little at all.

...I guess I will quote something after all. I liked the phrase "precious burden". It makes it sound as though those bruised souls will birth something wonderful...

...well. I do have an odd way of looking at things. (-grin-)Truly beautiful.
I Heart Edward Cullen chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
Excellent... (running out of typical review adjectives... ugh...) succint. My first reaction was a Kenshin x Tomoe, and looking at your reviews that seems to be the general consensus, and while I'm more of a KxK person myself, it could work for anyone. Lovingly crafted. You have such a gift...
ilikebluepineapples chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
So my first reaction was, Kenshin/Tomoe, but this could also be Megumi/Sano...beautiful either way.
RK Otaku chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
I loved the subtitle-"Sometimes the blind can indeed lead the blind."...Powerful concept- the one about healing old wounds together, about one always being by the others' side.

Though just about any RK relationships can be the couple written about (god knows, all of them have enough angst and suffering to last *us* ten lifetimes; excluding Seisouhen ofcourse- though I choose to be in denail that the OVA exists) the line about not having friends in their life sort of reminds me of Kenshin & Tomoe- two broken individuals trying to make it in a world of shadows.
SpaceRoses chapter 1 . 4/5/2006
This story is wonderful and I love the fact that you never tell us the pairing because almost every RK couple, even Yahiko and Tsubame, fit this story. Your descriptions are beautiful to read and the way you show what is happening is a pleasure. Keep up the wonderful work!
Mirune Keishiko chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
guh! you hopeless (hopeful) romantic, you! am starry-eyed. i can only guess at exactly which pairing you've made this for, or even if you had any particular pairing in mind in the first place. (goodness knows just about any RK couple would have angst enough to fit the bill and then some.) the underlying notes of hope, courage, determination, commitment... ah, to love and be loved! ;)
Warg chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
Painful...touching...beautiful, a 100 plain words shaped into 3, Kenshin and Tomoe.

plain awesome. Thanx
moeru himura chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
How tragic. But even in tragedy, one can still hope for something better to come. But that last line, it seemed an omen of what's ahead of them.

That thing you say about the blind, its so fitting for Kenshin and Tomoe's, um, circumstance. And after their tragedy, I can't say Kenshin was able to see again, but at least, with Tomoe's help, he had some potential to see. Another great sudden fanfic to add to your collection!:P
StarShipDelta chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
Wow, this was beautiful...really, it could be just about any pairing, but not having it stated is part of what makes it so powerful, at least for me. Because in many ways it's so like life, we never know what's up ahead, we just go ahead anyway, and make it work...I love how you can write so much, in so few words, me I want to turn everything into an epic...keep up the great work, I look forward to more from you soon! :)
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
Lovely take on Kenshin and Tomoe's marriage - at least I assume it's about them. Their relationship lacked the traditional courtship and had everything going against it, yet it worked. Tomoe's sacrifice proved that, and you captured the unexpected strength of their relationship.

Enjoyed every word!
musicsage chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
to me it must be kenshin/tomoe, though in some ways it does fit kenshin/kaoru and sano/megumi. but the fic's quiet melancholy just fits k/t so much better than the others, in my opinion. and the circle of friends part - k/k and s/m may not have family around them, but they both have their circle of close friends. k/t has no friends, no family... nothing but themselves, but "they would make it enough," so that's why i think this drabble applies so beautifully to their relationship. ]
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
Great to see a new drabble from you :) Lovely work on this one; I'm thinking this has to be Kenshin and Tomoe. Its slightly meloncholy tone fits them, along with the line: "Not for them the warmth of a circle of friends and family, lovingly watching their burgeoning love, offering connection, and roots, and community." Nicely done! Take care and hope you have a good Christmas!
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
Nice. Very nice. The way you choose and craft your words make all your short stuff beautiful. I love the ending line - "It was enough; they would make it enough."