Reviews for The Effigy
I've read almost all of your Harry Potter fanfics, and I have to tell you, this one just might be my favorite.
This story, it's one of the best I've ever read.
Thank you for taking the time to write it so that I could enjoy it.
Guest, but an ultimate Harry Potter, and Sirius/Remus, fan
tastewithouttalent chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
As with all of your fic, this is splendid and glorious. And I had to actually set it down in the middle because I was absolutely incoherent with glee about where the plot was going. Your Sirius-voice is stunning, charming and dangerous at the same time, and your /Remus/ kills me with everything he says, even when it's relatively innocuous. Your writing for this pairing is hands-down my favorite of all that I've read, and as my OTP I read anything for this pairing I can get my hands on. Gorgeous, as usual, and funny, as also usual, and very, very hot, which is also pretty par for the course. Thank you!
mitani mont chapter 6 . 10/18/2011
It's a pretty tale. I like the characters very much, the cunning illusiveness of Peter, the tenacity and kindness of Sirius, the dwindling yet prevailing hope of Remus. It's so sad, but oddly calming. A belated thanks for this bittersweet story. -Monti x
inlovewithpadfoot chapter 6 . 9/19/2010
wow...that was...beautiful, is the only word I can think to describe it. Very well written. I loved the last part where Remus and Sirius are sitting on the swing, watching the storm. So peaceful and sad. It was amazing.
dubious-volute chapter 6 . 6/27/2009
This was gorgeous & thought-provoking & delicately-balanced & poetic & flowing & jaggedly painful-think I used a half a box of Kleenex, even (especially?) through the naughty bits-with bubbles of absolute hilarity...& why the hell doesn't it have more reviews? Mystery. I was hooked from the first sweetbitter, haunted dream-images. Gods, Remus is such a fascinatingly character-a weird mix of gritty reality & ephemeral shadows, a perfect vessel for this story.

Absolutely *beautiful*, one of the best things I've read in a long time. I'm racing away to your author page to read anything else I can get my grubby little mitts on. You do much to raise the general quality of an often groaningly-awful genre of fanwork, & you have my glowing admiration, for what it's worth. 3
Simplicity Is Bliss chapter 6 . 3/7/2009
I still cry, every time I read this chapter. Utterly amazing.
Simplicity Is Bliss chapter 5 . 1/6/2009
Sweet and strange and haunting. Very vivid and some excellent characterization. :)
Gizenshi chapter 6 . 11/18/2008
This is going to haunt me for a long time. In a good way. Thank you.
HRT chapter 1 . 12/1/2007
This was a really poignant and thoughtful piece of writing, and I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for writing this.
FangQueen13 chapter 6 . 5/28/2006
Delicious! It was so wonderfully psychological, but also really truthful-feeling...you completely captured Sirius and Remus. And the end - instead of making me feel sad like sole-survivor-Remus usually does, it made me feel uplifting hope...just uh! I don't know what to say! great work.
Bottlebrush chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
This is an original sort of story, I haven’t read anything quite like it. I did read many years ago a science fiction story in which two people made duplicates of themselves and it turned out that nobody, not even the people concerned, knew which were the duplicates and which the originals, because the duplicates had been made with all the memories of their originals, so they thought they WERE the originals. This isn’t like that, this effigy knows he is an effigy, and is remarkably forbearing about it. I think in his position I’d be spitting nails, but he is so nice and forgiving. Well, not forgiving exactly, because he doesn’t seem to think there is anything to forgive. I find myself hoping there is some kind of future for the effigy. At first I thought perhaps his consciousness would return to its origin and become part of Sirius, but separate and aware of itself without Sirius being aware of it – I believe something like this happens in people who have multiple personalities. But that would mean the effigy having to share Sirius’s experiences of Azkaban and I don’t like to think of that. Maybe Sirius has actually done what no other human has ever done, and created a soul, one completely pure and without sin. Some people would consider that a blasphemous idea. The more I think about this story, the more and weirder the possibilities become. Better just to leave it as a mystery. The sex scene is full of warmth and affection, and is the only way a threesome involving S & R would be acceptable to me or, I like to think, to them. Remus’s dream is appropriately eerie and dreamlike and it scares me. It seems to be saying that Remus wants out. Sirius’s death has done what Halloween 81 and the Azkaban years could not, and made Remus want to forget about Sirius. He can’t consciously admit that to himself, so his unconscious mind has created the dream-Sirius who gives him permission to forget. This is still unacceptable to Remus’s conscious mind, so the dream turns it around, making it appear that Sirius is helping him to remember, but at the same time really allowing him to forget. Maybe I am over-analysing all this, I hope so, I don’t want Remus to forget.

Anyway, this is a very substantial story, giving loads of food for thought. And I have to say, you are one of few writers who don’t make grammatical errors. It makes me think you must be a teacher of English. But – two small points – in Chapter 3 you have “a shabby sidewalk table”. It’s just possible somebody in Britain at the present day might talk about a sidewalk table, but in the seventies it would be a pavement table, or a table out on the pavement. And nobody here ever says “a quarter after six”, it’s “a quarter past six”. But I suspect you know that perfectly well and wrote it as you did to make it more familiar to the majority of the readers.
Valkyrie228 chapter 6 . 1/5/2006
This has to be the most beautiful thing I have ever read. I cried throughout this entire last chapter. God, I can't even think about how beautiful and wonderful it was in such a sweet and heartbreaking way without tearing up! I'm crying again! Anyway, I just hope you realize how fantastic this is. The entire idea is beautiful - like looking at life through a silver glass. If the entire story was beautiful, then this last chapter was pure diamond resting on piles of gold. It is the true crown of the story. I think I will stop babbling now and leave to go regain control of myself again.
R chapter 6 . 12/25/2005
This story is amazing. I don'tusually leave reviews because Ijust can't be bothered but it's 1.30 in the morning and I am in love with this story. I cried laughed and got hella horny with the image of a double Sirius... Bravo and I hope you carry on writing or years to come!
FoxyG chapter 6 . 12/22/2005
That was quite philosophical! xD VERY deep. o_o; The lemon was great. Though I feel rather than blending in with the theme, it distracted from it. And I would think that it would be a lot weird for Sirius to play sex games with himself. 8D; But that's just me, I guess. The lemon really was great, just weird. xD And as I stated before, very deep overall. And such a wonderful take on the SiriusxLupin slash.
BlackPhoenixRising chapter 6 . 12/21/2005
loved this one- very nice handling of Serious' death- and of his "copy". Awesome!