Reviews for Whisper from the Forest
Syein chapter 57 . 1/9
Such awesome work! While I might have like to see more of them in the new land, the ending was so touching that it felt bitter...sweet. I would have cross out the 'bitter' part if it wasn't for Yukino, Mai, Midori, Akane fate- Akane and Yukino's dead are the saddest for me, since they don't deserve it. It felt like a sacrificial pawns for the good of storyline- aka getting rid of loose-ends.
And lol, Mikoto remained as a cat. I don't know if I should laugh or feel sad about it.
TipsyMonkey chapter 57 . 12/9/2014
The last chapters were very intense, epic actually and the ending, totally bittersweet. I totally didn't expect for almost every character to die. Especially Yukino's death. I want to whine pathetically, 'cause she's too awesome and that Hideaki should have been in her place since he was a psychotic asshole.

But it was pretty understable, since that was a war after all. This was great and enjoyable read. You rock!
Guest chapter 57 . 12/1/2014
This story is so beautiful! It can turned to a novel.
Laser chapter 57 . 8/6/2014
Ah, such a beautiful story... Had me at the edge of my seat for the past three days reading it! And now, I'm speechless... Seriously, I don't know what to say... You wrote a really awesome masterpiece... It is the best Mai Universe story I read on this site... and I'd read it again. Even if it takes days!
Guest chapter 57 . 10/31/2013
Great! I love it sooo much. I can't stop reading it. It made me stay up late at night until dawn and i continued reading it again at 5 AM.
It's a pity that yukino died but the ending's still good.
I noticed some quotes and write them down, here they are:
While it is honorable to be courageous, the greatest strength you'll ever have is to forgive.
The truth is the winner is always right.
Talent was nothing when one has not the greatest of heart.
Never ever try to find the truth. If you are meant to know it, the truth will find you.
anon chapter 57 . 10/11/2013
what a wonderful story. Amazingly crafted. You wrote the best version of all maihime's characters. Few things stood out:
1. Shizuru is/was the descendent or reincarnated of the gypsy - tomoe's lover... Gasp - wow
2. Natsuki - would she seeks 4 Shizuru has not Shizuru sought her out? How strong was her love, really?
3. Who is really your favorite? N or S? What about Nao?
4. Did Nao fancy Shizuru at all? Considering there were few times you might have hinted it?

What inspired you to write such a massive novel? You could change the characters' names and publish this magnificent story, easily.

TY for this little gem. Truly 3
La.L0ba chapter 57 . 5/29/2013
Love it absolutely love it
RobotPirateNinja chapter 13 . 5/21/2013
Mai as a villian? Doesn't fit.
annoyingLONER chapter 41 . 4/21/2013
the problem with me and most of the characters is, they all believe that they deserve something more, like a right to rule the world,the right to possess something powerful, it's awfully shallow. like nao and mai, they're just a bunch of people who don't know their places and fill themselves with jealousy and hatred upon someone who was fated to have a thing that maybe she did not deserve, but fated to have so. and why did Garderobe not teach its student common sense? Akane is a one hell of an idiot. she's weak and useless and she dares to think that she has a chance in greatness? and stupi of her to mention it to Kazuya when she knows he is evil. thanks for the fic
Kaichan chapter 57 . 2/26/2013
hello Icemera :)!

I had been reading this for 2 weeks and you know what?
I really love your fiction so bad!

Honestly,I never ever read Shiznat fanfiction or any other fiction in this world
that is really awesome like this before!

you kept me push forward all the time until epilogue came!
it keeps me exciting and surprising all the time and all chapters

you make me wanted to stay at home and read this
this fiction forced me not to sleep but kept reading it until my eyes couldn't open

and yes, I just finished your fiction a moment ago lol

what I only want to say is I love your fiction and I will never forget it till the rest of my life I swear!

I hope you read this because I really want to show how much I love this fiction and to tell you that

YOU ARE THE BEST AUTHOR IN THIS ENTIRE WORLD!

thank you to make such a splendid piece!

love you and your fiction 3
NatsukiFujino chapter 57 . 1/9/2013
Hi Icemera! I am writing to you because I just finished reading your fanfiction “whisper from the forest”. I started reading it by the time you started writing it back in november 2005 and I fell in love with it (I’m NatsukiFujino from the shoujoai forum, I wrote to you twice back then in the forum while you were publishing the first chapters), I followed it until chapter 20 more or less and the I stopped because of time (work, studies, family…), the thing is, since then, your fanfiction never stopped spinning around in my head and i promised to myself that as soon as i had the time i would finish it, and in these past two weeks I finally was able to read it all, once I started I couldn’t stop (it was like the book of night to me, hahaha). I was surprised that after so many years it captivated me with the same intensity. It was just so good and the characters were done PERFECTLY. So believable, god, your way of writing, the way you describe the sceneries, the places, the battles, the dialogues, everything so perfect. Thank you for this, for creating this amazing story, for making my imagination fly, for bringing this childish joy to my life. I know i sound stupid but, what the hell, i wanted to let it out. i really hope that you are still writing, because you are really talented with it. Be sure I’ll be reading your others fanfictions.
I hope you are doing fine! Greetings from an argentinian reader :D
no-one chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
after reading this for the nth time, still brings tears to my eye.
ty ty for such a wonderfully crafted story and please come back soon.
jo-Kaon17 chapter 57 . 12/10/2012
I feel in love with your story...really..i cant get enough of it so i keep rereading it..your idea of three sword bearer reuniting together at the end is so heart warming..,i admit that you broke my heart several times while reading this story but in the end,. you give us a wonderful ending.,although i dont like the idea that Yukino died, which live Haruka alone, i still love it no less...
Thank you, your an amazing and talented writer..,,i so enjoy every part of your story...your one of my favorite author,,so ill be reading more of your work..Thank you again:::)))
400th review
Arrietti chapter 56 . 10/30/2012
Honestly, this story deserves way more reviews. There are no words that can describe how awesome it is. In fact, I think this should be made into a novel. The characters are unique and a little out of character but the great storyline compensates that.
bubble.duckie chapter 57 . 9/25/2012
Thank you so much for such a wonderful ending and for this wonderful fic.

Made me cry when I thought that they won't be together at the end.

Love love!