Reviews for Pax in Bello
soaked velvet starlight chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
I honestly cannot put into words how amazing this story is. It was simply beautiful. The feeling and tone and atmosphere and emotion were all so powerful that I could feel it. I could hear the characters speaking in my head, and see them in front of me. And your portrayal of Jed and Leo's friendship was so powerful it actually brought tears to my eyes. The juxtaposition of the grand and the minute - bickering over height jokes while philosophizing about power and morality was pure West Wing. And it got more gorgeous with every sentence. I could just see the expression on Jed's face after Leo told him that he was pretty much salvation itself, and the sight actually made my stomach flip over. And the last two lines at the end was one of the most exquisite things I've ever read. Leo's smile and the moment of sunset. I think my brain blew a fuse from the beauty of this story.
Netcord2002 chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
Lovely writing. Very sensitive & true to form for you & the characters. One question...is Leo there in spirit as was Mrs. L in The Two Cathedral? Or is Leo there in reality? Either way I loved it. THanks much.
Kazza chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
Lovely, bittersweet and very moving
BlackEyedGirl chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
"Leo gave him that pure, brilliant, Leo smile, the one that lit up the world and everyone in it."

Oh, but I'll miss that smile. Thanks for this - happy memories of Leo and John, and just what he brought to the show.
challah chapter 1 . 12/22/2005
Thank you for sharing this- what a lovely tribute to John Spencer.
Katie chapter 1 . 12/22/2005
Beautiful tribute to a good man. Thank you.
allthingsholy chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
This was a lovely tribute and beautifully written and worded. Thanks, so much. And yes, may he rest.
kcinlondon chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
Lovely and elegaic, thank you!
Kim The Manipaltive Little Mo chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
Nomad, you always write the best fic and this clearly is no acception. Brava.
DJ Rose chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
Loved it. Plain and simple.
Regency chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
This was utterly touching and heartbreaking. I can hear them having this conversation and this moment. Thank you so much. It's a little salve on an open wound. It's "a freakishly freakish control freak" that makes it art.
janddkraz chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
Very nice! And nice to see new (TWW) work from you.