Reviews for Tomo's Return
me chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
I really liked this one! very funny xD. The one thing that bothers me is the fact that in a 100 meters race those 3 seconds would be Tomo's victory, since she proved herself very fast in the anime (same speed as sakaki but cant last long)
Subterranean Renaissance Faire chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
...My brain hurts...
Rorshak chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
I have to say this is very interseting. However rather than being a "fanfic" it seems to be more like tricking us into learning something using these characters. Now I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just pointing it out. Either way your "trick" worked and I'm gonna go read some more of Zeno's Paradox.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
Zeno (along with Aristotle) must have had nothing better to do than to create silly little 'paradoxes' that actually only apply to the problems of our Mathematics.

Anyway, if there's a paradox, it just means something can't happen. Meaning, something is wrong somewhere. Either what the paradox refers to can't happen, or the paradox itself is an incorrect conclusion.

In Tomo's case, since we know that Sakaki actually overtook Tomo, the paradox can't be right, because Sakaki actually won.

(It's unfair to compare Sakaki's current position relative to Tomo's previous position, to Tomo's current position. Of course Sakaki would always be behind, because of the bias in that line of thinking. It's a mathematical problem rather than a real-life problem, since the logic of the situation is faulty.)

In Osaka's case, they could get from A to B easily enough, so the paradox must be wrong.

(What does dividing the points have got to do with actually reaching the destination? It's a mathematical issue with division, rather than anything else, since the logic of the situation is faulty)

I'm just saying that Zeno, Aristotle, and all those philosophers who emulate them should be spending their time more wisely instead of pondering on useless 'axioms', 'the meaning of life', blah blah, and whatnot.

Makes me lose respect for these so-called 'philosophers'.

** End of unrelated rant **

On the fic itself, don't think there're any issues with it; well written. Good job!
RenegadePineapple chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
A little OOC is not going to kill anyone,so don't get your pants in a bunch. Great story by the way, I like the way you skillfully exposed an unseen side of the AM chars.
Topaz Talyn chapter 1 . 3/10/2006
My Brain Hurts
Meee chapter 1 . 12/29/2005
..Ouch. My brain.
Kernkraft Koenig chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
I initially expected Tomo to use a cat to distract Sakaki, but this is much better. Despite the cerebral overtones of this story. It's quite IC.
Silver Sailor Ganymede chapter 1 . 12/22/2005
I gotta argee with you on the OOCness thing, but it actually seems to fit with this.

One: Tomo sitting in the library actually may seem OOC, but there is evidence that she actually *would* do this if she thought the occasion called for it; it says in the show that Tomo actually studied in order that she could get in to the same highschool as Yomi.

Two: Yes, Osaka may be OOC, but the randomness she usues is IC. The OOC part is that she uses a lot of long words which I doubt would be part of her vocabulary.

However, the OOCness seems to fit so well that it's acutally ICness. That being the case, there can't be such thing as OOCness because if OOCness can appear in situations to be ICness, then it's impossible for OOCness to exist, no?

Ouch. Now I'm using circular logic and paradoxes, and probably getting them completely wrong... Never mind. However, the paradoxes you used made sense, and yet they completely confused me at the same time.

Anyway, this was pretty funny. I could see something similar happening on the acutal show *lol*.

Keep up the good work!
Arkhe chapter 1 . 12/22/2005
Hahah, right when I read Tomo claiming it was impossible for Sakaki to win, I KNEW she was referring to Zeno! Nice call!

Yes, I have to agree that Tomo's a little OOC but I think that's fine. Tomo might be a moron, but when she has a focus and a passion for something, it can lead to very OOC situations anyway (like how she apparently studied to get into the same highschool as Yomi).

As for Osaka... Eh, she's random enough that it certainly wouldn't matter much.

Though, I think you could have a stronger ending... Perhaps one of the girls denouncing Tomo's servitude, using the excuse that 'Tomo's thought patterns have only a single point for both beginning and conclusion, thus there is no movement occuring in Tomo's head'.

Still, that was a great read! Definitely one of the better fics out there!
X to the Zoltan chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
Osaka the H-Bomb. Awesome.

The psychic journey at the end was pretty cool, too.

Truthfully, I don't think that the girls are that OOC at all. After all, Tomo roused herself and studied hard to get into that prestigious High School, didn't she? If she were desperate enough to beat Sakaki, looking up a few paradoxes probably wouldn't seem that bad.

The only bit of OOCness might be Osaka's explanation of her paradox... not that she knows it, but with how methodical and sensible she is in spelling it out.
JMcConnor chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
haha! Great little story...got me interested in those Zeno's paradoxes as well, really interesting stuff.
LadyRushia chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
w00t! The logic made so much sense to me, it's almost scary. This story seems to be so OOC that it's actually in character. I can really see the Azu girls talking about something like that. What's next? A discussion about the meaning of life?

I liked this one alot, now I'll go tell all my friends that they aren't moving

Hmm. . .this story made more sense to me than math class

Rushia
Canada's zombie army chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
I don't care that Tomo and Osaka are OOC, but Tomo's logic is horribly flawed. the only way that it could make sense would be if Tomo were going the same speed as Sakaki, but because Sakaki was obviously going faster that Tomo when she passes Tomo she ends up getting to the point where Tomo "actually" is faster and eventually she would pass her in both ways.
Sensational Sista chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
ahahaha this was great! Probably the only story to ever fry my brain for a reason that wasn't bad grammar/punctuation! I love this! xD ahaha I feel so smart now that I am going to tell my science teacher tomorrow... if I remember. My memory is as good as Osaka's. but great fic! D

Sista