Reviews for A moment from a winter's morning
Christine chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
I am taking a graduate class about literacy and technology. This week one of my assignments was to visit and browse through the books. Yours was the first fanfic I have ever read. I really enjoyed it! Very nice story line. The aspect I liked best about the writing in this piece was the tension between Steerpike and Fuschia. I like when an author leaves as much unsaid as said. Keep writing!

Christine

A teacher in Georgia
Silvergrass chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
okay, this is lovely, so lovely, i jsut love the language. your fics are piquing my interest in gormenghast
serenity600 chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
Wow.

This was amazing; I love Gormenghast!

And think that even though Steerpike gets more and more wicked and cruel throughout the series, that somewhere inside of him he is good.

This is so cool, light and fluffy.

Way to go showing the light side of Steerpike and of course who could forget lady Fuscha?

Amamingly good!

Write more please!
SteerpikeSister chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
absolutely beautiful.
FuchsiaII chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
Oh! *is enchanted* Such beauty. Not a word out of place, no surplus frills, just unadulterated weird beauty. You've got it exactly, Fuchsia and Steerpike's relationship, where they can talk to each other without ever quite connecting, struggling to communicate. You never can be sure whether he had Fuchsia in mind only as part of his plan, or whether he genuinely did feel for her, can you? And if it changed, at what point?

Loving it. Loving it sincerely, and in loving it in all its gothick primary-coloured white-and-red glory. You're certainly an extremely talented writer.
Hat chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
I love it. I love itIloveitIloveit! And I love Steerpike (not as much as you) and Fuchsia! I love her too! They're all so crazy and beautiful and this story is so warming (except that you know they all end up dying- that tends to put a downer on most things).

You may have noticed that I tend not to partake of any constructive criticism. You don't need it- you know you don't need it- I don;t know any one who can write as good as you. And ouch! I have a sudden pain in my shoulder- excuse me...
Imhilien chapter 1 . 1/12/2006
Beautifully written...thank you.
Lestatian chapter 1 . 1/7/2006
I prefer this fic, because although I agree that Steerpike and Fuchsia had a complex relationship, I have never truly believed that he felt deeply for her other than a means of furthering himself. Too cold, calculating.