Reviews for Dark Jewels Trilogy Trailer
Eightofthirteengmail.com chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
Firstly - love this idea. I'm a director, and I've been looking at ways to do something like this since I started reading the books. This is very well placed, and I love it superbly. : )

Now, if you wanted to add Lucivar in there, I would have a pause between Tersa's monologue and the dramatic music, in which you see Lucivar in the first time you meet him. Something like this. Tersa finishes her speech, there's a loud beat, then silence.

You see Lucivar on the dusty, dark night in Pruul, his fingers wet with blood. You hear his voice. "A wish, offered with blood, is a prayer to the Darkness." His hand raises to the sky, and you hear him again, his thought. "I wish that just once, I could have a Queen that I could serve." And so on and so forth with that short bit.

Then the music starts, and I would suggest Requium of a Dream. It's very very intense and a good song, I think, for this.

If you'd like to discuss more about it, my name above is my email address. Give me a shout!
rochsmell chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
oh...I want to become a film director, and I want to make the Black Jewels triology, if i can get permission from Anne Bishop. This has just re-inspired my ambitions.
calenlily chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
Very nice trailer. Oh, I wish someone would make movies of BJT.

This is done quite well. It is a bit on the choppy side, but don't worry about it, flashing between various bits works just fine. You might want to have a voiceover or text between scenes, kind of outlining things, that would help tie it all together.

The only other potential flaw I noted in here is the length. It's very short for a trailer.

Put as much of Lucivar as you want in. After all, as others have said, he's too awesome to leave out. Besides, it's pretty typical for trailers to emphasize something more than is really representative of the amount that it's in the movie. And anyway, movies, though they have varying degrees of accuracy, are never completely true to books. I would bet that if someone made movies of BJT, Lucivar's role would be pumped up.

It would be awesome if you did trailers for the other books.
Natalie Jay chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
Hm... how about Tersa says, "Everything has a price." at the end?
wildwingedwarrior chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
Wow! I loved it...it's so cool. I wonder if they're ever going to make movies outta these books though...cuz ur trailer is really rockin, and i wouldn't mind seeing the other two books done like that.
CrimsonKitty88 chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
GAH! A MOVIE! I WANT I WANT! I actually really liked this. Movie trailers are fun. Please continue...you might wanna revise the first one a little bit like that one part that you said you needed to expand one...oh gosh darn you! I wanna see the movie now! *starts writint letter* "Dear Hollywood producers, I am writing you to ask if you would please make the book 'Daughter of the Blood'into a movie..."
Honour Huston chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
Hey, saw your trailer and thought that it was good. In the part where you didnt know what to put, you should have something about Briarwood. Like when Alexandra says "she's not normal" or something, and when Surreal tells Daemon about Uncles.

voice over THE OLD WAYS ARE DYING, THE TAINT IS SPREADING.( Show Doreathea and hecketa doing evil things) THOSE WHO ADHERE TO THE OLD WAYS MUST RAISE A QUEEN TO STOP THE TAINT. (show Prothvar, Mephis, and Andulvar) THE FATE OF THE REALM RESTS ON THE SHOULDERS OF A CHILD, HE WHO RULES THAT CHILD, RULES THE REALM. (Flash shots of Dorethea, Hecketa, Daemon, Saetan; all those who have a motive)

At the very end, Tersa's voice should say SHE HAS COME

this has me really psyched, i can visulaize it in my head. e-mail me if you wanna collaborate a little more. i have the book almost memorized.
Jesi chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
I love it. If they were to make movies I think they should use this...or something like it.
Wayward Mortal chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
as a Black Jewels fanatic, I thought that was awesome!

I personally think the las t sequence should end with a chalice shattering and "Daughter of the Blood" emerging from the echoes of Jaenelle's cry: "Daemon!" ...I dunno, what do you think?

Excellent! I look foreward to more!

ps: you must include Geoffrey! He's my favorite!
raniann yaslana chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
helo!

i was just wondering if you would be so kind as to make some trailers for heir to the shadows and queen of darkness...while your at it could you do dreams made flesh also?

oh well...if you do send them to me at

thanks.

may the darkness embrace you

-Rani yaslana-
LucivarLover chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
Well I liked it. Personally I think that Lucivar is the best and he should be loved and cuddled...but that's just me. Anyhoo, I think you really should have a bit more with Lucivar cause he is a mainish role (he is apart of the triangle). so yeah...that's just what I think. I still thought it was reaaly good. I could totally imagine it on the big screen.
Liria Nai chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
sorry but you cant ignore lucivar he's the best character, theres so much you can add to this the black jewels trilogy is dark and decadent, the trailer seems slightly tame in comparrison, its good just needs a bit of work. What about jaenelles mistreatment by her family and the uncles. Lucivar as a slave meeting cat, Titian the demon dead harpy queen and Char and the other cildru dyathe. This book isnt horror but it has to have that intensity and be fast paced, flashes of images should be included over a good dramatic soundtrack. What about Saetan drinking yarbarah, and other such little things, how about a sibilant voiceover. Now that d be cool.
burn to ashe chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
Not a bad trailer, I guess. It doesn't quite catch what the books are about tho... It needs something. You don't even mention or show anything about the Jewels...
kesterel2106 chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
Dont worry about the Lucivar thing.

I think its goodish...but should you really show so much of the ending...cause people wont want to go see it if they know what happens. I like the ending with her shouting Daemon bit, but couldnt you just make it go black suddenly the "Daemon" and the the words Daughter of the Blood?

Just a suggestion.

I wish they would make a movie...there is so much scope!
KLMeri chapter 1 . 12/22/2005
It's an excellent start! I particularly liked the opening and the scenes you picked to 'flash by.'

Some tips: You may want to edit the Surreal and Lucivar attempting to keep Kartane at bay because Surreal kept the Briarwood uncles at bay, but Lucivar was in the salt mines of Pruul at the time.

In the book, Surreal replies to Jaenelle's statement "I have a message for you."

Surreal repeats, "A message?"

Then Jaenelle tells her, "Titian sends her love."

I hope that helps!