Reviews for A Capacity for Love
banana-peelss chapter 7 . 9/4/2016
Haha
Lady Reese Kightkens chapter 34 . 9/2/2016
So I kind of feel terrible because I read this story before, but never left a review. I recently stumbled back upon this and realized my error, but I feel that every author I read deserves to know how their work was received by a fellow reader and author (even if it is 5 years later).

Anyway, I really like the idea of your story. Until you pointed it out, I had never really thought about what might have happened to Hermione during the Holiday in HBP. It was brilliant how canon each of the characters were and how the story fit in so beautifully as well. There was so much angst and so much hope at the same time, it was a delicate balance that worked well. I was nearly in tears by the end because I was hoping for an alternate ending. It broke my heart, but it was still so wonderful (if that makes any sense).

All in all, this was a wonderful imagining and I commend you on a job well done!
catjumped1 chapter 34 . 6/28/2016
Incredibly well written and very much canon Snape. Sad ending, but true to canon as well.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/21/2015
So you're pro-rape, then. Nice.
Simona Polle chapter 34 . 6/8/2015
I liked a lot, the really dark parts, the fact that still canon and that the dont end up together, all makes sence.

Thanks for a great story :)
penandpencil chapter 11 . 5/13/2015
One of my reviewers recommended this story to me, and I have to say that I'm impressed so far with how you've handled the subject. I appreciate the complexity of the characters emotions and reactions.
prose.titute chapter 25 . 3/23/2015
Just looked at my old reviews on some chapters... 2011! I FIRST READ THIS FIC IN AUGUST OF 2011... That was just a month before I graduated high school and went on to do my HSC exams... wow. And actually same as that time, I started reading this again of fictionalley before switching over to FF net to read haha.

Yesterday when I was being reminded of how good this fic is it put me in the mood to re-read the epic trilogy by Barb 'Harry Potter and the Psychic Serpent' which I bet I'd reappreciate... I remember I read that series for the first time not long before I graduated too! What a coincidence that such great fics prop into my mind at the same time... but perhaps there is some subtle causation I'm not picking up on.

I loved your AN at th end of the last chapter btw. I totally agree. It's like what Dumbledore said to Hermione when she asked to use his Pensieve: willing to accept smaller measures of inhumanity in order to prevent much larger ones; basically the ends justifies the means... it has to... otherwise how will Tom be defeated, eh Dumbledore?

For the greater good indeed!
prose.titute chapter 23 . 3/23/2015
I read this fic a few years ago (and had a totally different username then) and came back to it yesterday. I was astounded at your writing for many reasons. Your characterisations are so brilliant and believably canon. I love this story so much. I remember the last chapter of it made me very emotional through my first reading... I don't think I cried, I ALMOST cried. But re-reading this fic, various parts have made me so emotional.
I'm reunderstanding so much stuff about Snape's motivations, Dumbledore's motivations, how Harry (unintentionally) shadows his peers.

A few weeks ago I re-read just the last chapter looking for Hermione's line about forgiveness at Snape's grave. Then two nights ago I remembered how well this story captured Hermione's aversion to physical contact and I decided to revisit this fic, but not realising I was putting myself on an emotional rollercoaster. You are truly such an incredible writer and I'm glad the SS/HG fandom has this story even if has tension and no romance or UST.

I've felt distraught at many parts (again), and laughed at many parts (again). I am enthralled by how you intertwine the canon events from Book 6... Just amazing. Writers like you are why I love fanfiction any by extension love JK Rowling's magical world of Harry Potter even more.

There was so much in here that I'd forgotten about so I'm really glad I'm re-reading this. I forgot Hermione asked Snape about Horcruxes, I forgot she told Ron she was raped. I forgot about how Dumbledore cared so much about Snape's soul - well I sort of remembered it, but I didn't remember how it connected to the title. The title is referring to Dumbledore ensuring that Snape retains a capacity for love, for Snape's intentions with his actions MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE.

... Swiss Miss? I love you. xx
daisy chapter 12 . 3/21/2015
I really think Ron and Lavender should be together, they are very alike. Hermione deserves something much better. thanks for sharing it a is very interesting story.
jensteed chapter 16 . 7/30/2014
It's such a good story, I can't imagine how Hermione is holding onto her sanity in school and (as always) Dumbledore drops lower and lower in my mind, gods I can't stand thinking about his "Greater Good" anymore, as necessary as it may be it's sickening!
I thought your fitting in Antoine Richis was excellent :)
vonHardenberg chapter 23 . 12/15/2013
Great story, real depth and empathy. Disturbing at this point. Wonder if you will resolve this by some deep communication between Severus and Hermione.
DefenestratedCountess chapter 5 . 6/21/2013
An eidetic memory is not the same as a photographic memory. Look them up.
Amasha chapter 34 . 5/11/2013
I loved this story. Good job.
MidnightHalcyon chapter 34 . 4/30/2013
Wow, powerful story with an appropriate finish.
Aisha04 chapter 34 . 3/4/2013