Reviews for In the Hands of the Enemy
Lady ot Rings chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
WOW. Just WOW. I do believe this is the best Aragorn/Gandalf/Ranger fic I have ever read in my short life. And I found it by just skimming through author names! Great read, thank you so much for writing this and giving me and others a wonderful source of entertainment!

I was hooked the entire time, something I can't say for a lot of fanfics. I seriously loved your characterization of everyone: absolutely perfect. I felt the tension throughout the entire fic and found myself constantly looking forward to the next chapter, the next paragraph, the next word! Amazing!

I especially loved the friendship between Gandalf and Halbarad, I found myself giggling quite a few times, even amidst the seriousness of the situation. Your OCs were beautifully created and written; they were very believable as parts of Tolkien's world, though not always likable.

Now I can't wait to read the sequel, I'm sure it will be just as great, if not better, than this one! Great job again! Bravo!

Vamp.Michelle chapter 12 . 3/13/2006
Ah, I had planned to read this for *ages*. I've seen this story recced by so many people so enthusiastically... but if I had known the story was *this* good, I would have read it much earlier, of course!

Very good plot that could have ended up as a tangled mess in the hands of a lesser author, but you managed to not leave any lose ends. Even though I now desperately want to read the reunion of Aragorn and Elrond. But I guess I'll see that in the sequel?

Rolly, apart from the fact that I once knew a dog with that name, was quite the 3-dimensional villain. I was right there with Aragorn. I wanted to like him, but I never really trusted him. Excellent characterization!

Also, loved the little Sherlock Holmes-scene in chapter 7 (my dear Gandalf, *chuckles*) and Aragorn's description of his destiny in chapter 12. Must be about the best thing I've ever heard him say on that topic. I'll have to print it out and pin it to the wall, or something. Brilliant prose, and very poignant!
ellennar chapter 6 . 2/25/2006
Hat's off. This story is WONDERFUL (well not for poor Aragron) and I'm looking forward to getting a chance to finish it. Thank you for a great read.
Imaginigma chapter 12 . 2/20/2006

I saved your story and only had now time to read it. it is GREAT! Wonderfull story; so full of emotions, mystery, tension and comfort.

I like your Aragorn very much and the relationship between Halbarad and Gandalf are very well done. I am absolutely looking froward to your next story.

And viggomaniac is right, your story is truly a very good piece of work!
grumpy123 chapter 12 . 2/10/2006
Loved rereading this story. It is still one of the best stories I have read, and the best ranger story out there. looking forward to more.
Laerien chapter 12 . 2/7/2006
#sigh# I t was so good to read this again for the... fourth time? Can that be the fourth? OMG! Anyway, it was (almost) as good as for the first time. The only thing missing here is the maddening suspense. After all, I know how this will end.

This story is a miracle, and I can fully understand what took you so much time to write. Though I wonder how you could still keep writing one story for such a long period of time.

Great work, I love it, and hope that we will have many more from you. (Btw, MoH is the last one you intend to write, or you have some other ideas, sequels, prequels etc?).
Thorongirl chapter 5 . 2/6/2006
Aw, poor Ara...oops, wait, I forgot, Strider (I don't want to endanger the poor man; I mean, he COULD end up in some nasty trouble if anyone finds out his real identity). All those memories of Baranuir. That would be a terrible thing to have on your conscience. Loved all the Gandalf/Halbarad interaction and Gandalf's attempts to maintain his dignity, well, at least as much as a "bleary-eyed wizard with sleep-touseled hair and bare feet, wearing a nightshirt" can. That made me chuckle. I think my favorite line, though (there are just SO many) was the one in which the barmaid's "glance swept over Halbarad again in a way that suggested that she did not necessarily consider a certain quality of dangerousness an altogether bad thing". Love that droll humour that permeates your fic even though the overall theme is quite serious. And such rich language - "the diminuitive floor-swabber" - what a delight. Well anyway, all seriousness aside, I love the way this fic is so well written and yet totally satisfies my endless desire to see 'poor, Strider' in trouble. You DO understand, don't you?
Nienor Niniel chapter 12 . 2/5/2006
I enjoyed this fic so much! I especially like Halbarad's dry humour. "the Street of the Not Painted Lately Doors", indeed!

The take you have of Aragorn's attitude towards his destiny is unusual, but it works very well the way you set it up.

And Tillfield... I can't wait to see him bringing trouble to Rivendell.

I am glad that there is a sequel.

Take care, Nienor
sielge chapter 12 . 2/5/2006
Good story! I hope that I will read soon "A matter of honor".
Nienor Niniel chapter 11 . 2/3/2006
Oh, the poor boy! One can only pity him.

But Tillfield is a true hero Hobbit now!

So will they get Aragorn back and healthy again?

Greetings, Nienor
Thorongirl chapter 4 . 1/30/2006
Ah ha! The plot thickens. Loved Butterbur's affectations, a shivering, wounded Aragorn, and a somewhat suspicious acting Rolly. As Strider says, he doesn't know much for one who consorts so freely with thieves and those of that ilk. Aw, poor Aragorn, finding out that he was not safely ensconced in a warm room. Darn old rocks! Another superb chapter. I think Tolkien would have been proud of you. Too bad you're not a family member!
elfgirl83 chapter 10 . 1/30/2006
Awesome chapter! I knew that kid was bad news.
chou-fleur chapter 10 . 1/29/2006
let me just say that your Halbarad is amazing. :) i've read this whole story and what there is so far of the sequel at Stories of Arda and I can't wait for the next chapter!
Luinthien chapter 10 . 1/28/2006
OMG! What a twist! You completely got me on that one!I did not see that coming. I guess I wanted Rolly to be on the right side. But I did get my wish to have Rolly stab Teburic didnt I? lol Ok, Im ready for anything now! lol One thing I forgot to ask you last time, how many chapters do you think this will be? The more the better! I cant get enough of this story.

If my review made your day, Im very pleased, but getting another chapter of your story does the same for me! So lets keep making each other happy, ok? Sounds good to me. Keep up the good work.
Nienor Niniel chapter 10 . 1/28/2006
Oh, how creepy!

Having a boy and not a man do something like that is especially creepy. There are horror movies in which children are evil, and those are much more creepy than movies with monsters and evil animals and blood.

And I really wonder who is giving him his orders!

Greetings, Nienor