Reviews for In the Hands of the Enemy
Luinthien chapter 9 . 1/28/2006
Wow! another great chapter. But I shouldnt be surprised when thats what we always get from you. I was so hoping that when Teburic was busy with Aragorn that Rolly would put the pick in his back! I understand that hes terrified of him and wouldnt try something like that, but I can dream cant I? lol I am really enjoying this story. I like the pacing of it and I particularly like how you post on a regular basis. Im reading other stories and you wouldnt believe how long it is inbetween chapters. I understand that RL comes first and I dont mean to complain, I just find it refreshing that you post regularly. I take it as a sign of respect to your readers. Well Im on the seat of my chair waiting to find out how Aragorn is going to get out of this one. I cant wait to find out how Teburic is going to get his in the end! Keep up the great job!
elfgirl83 chapter 9 . 1/25/2006
Nienor Niniel chapter 9 . 1/25/2006
Oh, it was to expect that Teburic would get that idea! Poor Aragorn, what an ethical dilemma!

And who is Teburic's master?

Oh, this is such a captivating and exciting fic, but I guess I am repeating myself!

The Swordsman chapter 8 . 1/24/2006
I like it alot! Update soon; don't keep the readers in suspense.

The Swordsman
Elflingimp chapter 8 . 1/23/2006
This is a very interesting story,you have captured Gandalfs and Striders charecters so well its so detailed Ah! for once I have found a real story,please update soon I cant wait to see what happens next.
Nienor Niniel chapter 8 . 1/21/2006
Are they messing with his mind, or what was that dream?

Scary, scary! But of course very gripping and exciting!

Hope to see more soon! Nienor
Nienor Niniel chapter 7 . 1/18/2006
So Halbarad recognises Aragorn's technique of beheading people? Lovely!

I like the way Gandalf reassured Tillfield.

And did the boy lead Aragorn to Teburic intentionally?

Questions, questions...

lindahoyland chapter 1 . 1/12/2006
I have just added this outstanding story to my C2 Archive as I enjoyed it so much on is one of the best stories around with a great plot and outstanding characterisations.
Nienor Niniel chapter 6 . 1/12/2006
I guess it is bad that Aragorn trusts the boy?

I enjoyed the interaction between Gandalf and Halbarad, especially the opening of the wardrobe!

Luinthien chapter 6 . 1/11/2006
Sorry I havent reviewed, but life can become very complicated at times. I have enjoyed very much the last couple of chapters. I am particularly intrigued to find out what side Rolly is on. I love these kinds of stories. I still say that you are the best writer Ive read in a long time! Keep up the good work and I cant wait for another chapter.
Nienor Niniel chapter 5 . 1/7/2006
Poor Halbarad! To have his friend gone missing and having argued with him before...

Gandalf in a nightshirt, listening at the door? That's one mental image!

That little hobbit is in for a dangerous job!

Thorongirl chapter 3 . 1/6/2006
Re-reading this story is a true pleasure. I was easily able to envision the setting here as there is a steep gully that borders my driveway and I imagine myself staring down at poor Aragorn as he rides right into the ambush. Terrific chapter. You write action sequences very well, your wording is impeccably chosen, and your original characters brimming with life.
Nienor Niniel chapter 4 . 1/4/2006
For some reason I fear for very bad things to happen... you have me very puzzled about the boy's identity and motives!

Thorongirl chapter 2 . 1/3/2006
Well, as things would have it, today happens to be just the type of day you describe in this wonderful 'setup' chapter. I can just picture Aragorn's reluctance at having to step back out into the cold dampness of the night after too little time spent getting reacquainted with warmth. Poor ranger. What you fan fic authors put him through! Tsk. Tsk. Wonder just who Teburic's master is. Sounds quite cold and cunning. I love my AU fics as much as anyone (probably more) but when I find an incredibly well written 'Aragorn in character' story I'm just so excited. This is one tale that's well worth reading again. Excellence throughout. (And to top it off, I love the element of intrigue and mystery that permeates this story).
Shadowed Flames chapter 3 . 1/3/2006
! It's great to see this up in I've read both your stories on Arda, and well, I felt pretty guilty at not reviewing such excellent stories on arda, so here we are.

This fic is absolutely fantastic, and you shall detect no sarcasm in that at all. Because in truth, it was one of the best fics I've read. Many stories lack good plots, or realistic ones even, but your plots appear to the readers as very well thought out, and for this fic, with a nice twist. :D

Even more, I absolutely love your charcaterisations. Aragorn, Halbarad and Gandalf are extremely believabl. I can imagine each of them acting as they act in your story, even when Aragorn is feeling angsty or self-doubting, we can easily associate it with his weariness and his seemingly inability to reach his target. Rolly is an excellent OC, we are able to feel Aragorn's feelings when... (I'm trying my best not to reveal anything, as I know many ppl here havent read the whole thing)even though he's so... AND DUDO! He's just the best. A true hobbit, but also so much more... THis is getting a bit long soo...summing up...

This fic was well... perfect. The perfect adjective to describe it. You had its magic going until the end, which was like "Smashboom", ahaha, I loved the ending, the last sentence especially, it brought this sort of sad smile to my face. Couldn't help but sigh. And 'A matter of honour'... please update soon, please?
57 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »