Reviews for In the Hands of the Enemy
Allacaya chapter 3 . 12/31/2005
Oh I like this story, can't wait for you to update.

Great start.
Luinthien chapter 2 . 12/28/2005
Another awesome chapter! I cant say enough what a good writer I think you are! You had me in the prancing pony and I could smell the tallow and pipe weed like I was actually there. What an excellent job. You are able to move the story along without a lot of extra descriptions or commentary. Some authors think the more words they write, they better they must be, but it doesnt work that way. You are able to tell us what you want us to know in the best possible way. That is such an accomplishment. Way to go! Can you tell Im psyched about this story? I cant wait for more. Keep up the excellent job!
Laerien chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
Hi! It is so good to see the story here as well! I do not even wait for you to finish it, this goes straight to my favourites! :o)

Sorry for the lack of reviews on SoA, I didn't have time and energy, but will make up sooner or later. Just know that I still love your works! :o)

And I hope that Matter of Honor will be at least half as good as this fic was, because then it will remain among my favourites!

Write a lot more! And merry Christmas! :o)
Nienor Niniel chapter 2 . 12/26/2005
Well, Aragorn is quite wrong in thinking that he is safe in Bree, isn't he? You convey the hardships of the Ranger life very well with your short introspective scene!

Until next time, Nienor
Nilmandra chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
Nice to see this up. I love Halbarad - he is gruff but kind, and I like that he is willing to smack Aragorn should his chieftain not listen to sense.

And then we have our bad guys... and a hobbit intercepting Gandalf's letter. Their opinion of rangers is quite poor, which will work against them in the end, as they find out the rangers are a little smarter than they might look.
Luinthien chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
Wow! what an awesome start! I cant wait to see where this is going. You are a very talented writer! Keep up the great job.
Nienor Niniel chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
Oh, that looks good! It's a scenario I've never done before, and it fits well into the universe.

I'm looking forward to reading more!

Nienor
Thorongirl chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
I must say I was completely surprised to find this wonderful story posted here - but glad - very, very glad! Just re-read the whole first chapter and promise not to give anything away. Your mastery of the language, the little details (such as "the putrid slop squelching between" the hobbit's toes) is a joy to read. The rift between Halbarad and Strider is most interesting and incidentally, just WHO is this evil fellow with the inordinate interest in Gandalf's doings in the Shire? It will probably get redundant, old hat, etc., to have me say this, but expect it a lot as I re-read this story: I love your writing and can't get enough of it. I've never found Halbarad as fascinating as I do in your stories - it's as though he steps right off the page. Thanks for sharing!
Redone chapter 1 . 12/22/2005
Oh, I'm so glad you posted the story here! I really liked it.
The Karenator chapter 1 . 12/22/2005
I'm so glad to see you've posted this story here. This is absolutely one of my favorite stories. And I'm being quite serious. This story introduced me to Halbarad as something more than a minor character buried in 'The Gray Company'. I fell in love with him! You fleshed him out into a real breathing individual I could see and hear. His interaction with Gandalf, Dudo and Aragorn is very well done. He's warm and funny and a serious threat to the bad guys. Gotta love him.

Your other characters, canon and OC, are also fully developed and a delight to read. Gandalf is the Gandalf of the books and Aragorn is the future king we know from Tolkien. Dudo is such a canon hobbit that he could have easily been hanging around the Shire during Bilbo's birthday party.

I think what I like the most about this story is the carefully tended plot that takes us on an exciting journey. You're writing is smooth and the dialogue is realistic.

A wonderful, well written story. Did I mention that I love Halbarad?
55 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4