Reviews for Survival
Stoneage Woman chapter 14 . 4/11/2006
What you were saying earlier about how the movie released last year, and how people have lost interest, made sense. That's probably why I didn't get any reviews (apart from yours) for my story, either. 1249 hits is pretty good for such a short story! Keep it up.

Anyways, this chapter was really good. I felt really sorry for Tim. Also loved your charactreization of Ray, and the whole thing with Mary Ann. Very well done!
Stoneage Woman chapter 13 . 4/7/2006
AWESOME CHAPTER! The electricity's back...that's good news. I like how Ray never even registered it.

I feel extremely sorry for Ray. That was mean of Tim, but the guy just lost his son, what can you expect?

WAR? You've got to be joking. I wasn't seeing that coming, but that was an extremely (dare I say it again) realistic touch. Loved Robbie's reaction to the London thing too.

Love you, and you're writing, and I really think this deserves more reviews. Are you getting any hits at all?
Stoneage Woman chapter 12 . 3/19/2006
Yikes, this story is really picking up now, isn't it. I loved this chapter, in fact, I think it's your best so far. Your characterization of Celeste is awesome. I found the way she said "You're lucky" extremely creepy. I hope they manage to do something about Mary Ann and her pregnancy. I think the situation is finally starting to hit them at last. I loved Ray in this chapter, and will once again, at the risk of repeating myself, say I love how realistic this fic is. I thought the bit about the hospitals and the gunshot and all was very, very real. Am in awe of your writing as ever.

Please update soon, though I realize that I seem to be your only reviewer. However, the story is great and you deserve a lot more reviews than you're getting. Well done.
Stoneage Woman chapter 11 . 3/4/2006
This was a really good chapter! The thing about the pepperoni was funny, in a sad kind of way. I'm still amazed by how realistic this story is. I can see shades of Katrina in this.

I can't wait to see what you have in store for us! Update soon! See ya!

P.S. I've written and posted a War of the Worlds fic called "No Easy Answers" about Ray and how he deals with everything after the alien invasion. It's a one-shot fic, if you're interested it shouldn't take too much of your time.
Stoneage Woman chapter 10 . 2/16/2006
I LOVE HOW REALISTIC THIS STORY IS. You've really done a good job of capturing what happens after disaster. This is very well done, you write very well. Good job.

The thing about Celeste is so sad, but so real all the same. I love this story. You rock.
Erisinia chapter 9 . 2/4/2006
I like the Ray/Rachel interaction in this chapter...Rachel's growing up. It was a bit more depressing than I usually go for, but then I suspect it's more realistic that way. Keep up the good writing. :)
Stoneage Woman chapter 9 . 2/4/2006
This story rocks! Please update soon. This is going on my faves. :D
tankbbg chapter 8 . 1/28/2006
Update-age! Yayness! I hope though that nothin ghappens between Ray and Celeste.
Anonymous chapter 7 . 1/25/2006
Awesome. Terrifically suspensful. Please keep writting.
began-to-climb chapter 7 . 1/25/2006
OMG, the aliens are still there? Oh no, what's going on? This story is good, a great continuation. Please update. I have to know what's going on!
tankbbg chapter 5 . 1/14/2006
I like the story. The only thing I would wish there would be more of would be a stronger father-daughter relationship between Ray and Rachel. Also, the whole thing about Rachel believing that her dad was a murder (which he is, but desperate times call for desperate measures). I believe she would be old enough to understand that he did is for her. But, that is just my rant. I hope you update soon becuase I want to read more!
SupernaturalGal6 chapter 3 . 1/2/2006
update soon!
traptrogue6 chapter 3 . 1/2/2006
This is a good WOTW fic. I like how you explore the aftermath of the chaos, especially putting in the family elements. I feel sorry for Ray, having had to protect his children and now realizing he hasn't been around, because he's around Tim-the subistute father-and he's so used to being the father. What happened Joseph?
Char chapter 2 . 1/1/2006
I'm really enjoying this! It's good to read an aftermath story that is exploring the family, hope you up-date soon
Lisa chapter 2 . 12/26/2005
Good story so far. Looking forward to more! :)
30 | « Prev Page 1 2