Reviews for Firelight
Kawaii Koneko92 chapter 1 . 2/26/2006
O Oo la la
wilderness-writer chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
Wow, this was absolutely amazing. Again, like Un-matchmakers, your originality astounds me. You manage to take a story and spin it so that we're looking at it in an entirely different angle, through entirely different eyes, and in doing so, you breath a spark of life and power into it that haunts the reader.

This was incredible!

Oh, by the way, I read your challenge on your profile, about a realistic Zutara romance... and might I suggest Dangerous Ground? *sly grin* Yeah, it's mine, but I thought you might like it if you like Zutara. *hopeful* Anyway, thanks for a great story! I'm off to read the rest now!

~The Wilderness Writer
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 1 . 1/25/2006
I like it. Very good well, readen.
Mutant Goldfish chapter 1 . 1/9/2006
Wow. That was so good. Honestly, I've read books that weren't as well written.
MoonPisces chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
Ozai,apoligizing?Whoa!
earthhealerlia chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
0_o OMG! You...I...* sputters * I love this story! It's just hits ya in your soul. I Love it! And * points * Zutara! XD This is so going to be my favorite for a long time.
DreamSprite chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
this was amazing! i loved the whole thing! you rock
shadowcat238 chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
Wow.

O_O
Kay Major chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
A beautifuly writen piece. The interaction between Iroh and Ozai is interesting, because you see a side of Iroh that most people think doesn't exist. Also, the character you gave Ozai is very human. Most people, from what is on the show, would think that he is as cold and cruel as can be.
CultOfStrawberry chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
This is just...incredible.
DarkwitchRising chapter 1 . 12/24/2005
i've never seen a fic quite like this, but i like it! this is very well written and just a fabulous story... keep writing!
Psycho Demon-Witch chapter 1 . 12/24/2005
wow, this is awesome! I hope you update this.
Moony92 chapter 1 . 12/24/2005
It nice to know that not EVERONE thinks Ozai is entirely evil. I don't mind him, even as I myself am a Zuko fan. Not everyone is completely emotionless, especially a Father. There's a sort of Bond a Father and a Son shares, I think.

When I read the last sentence I actually felt a wave of pity hit me like a ton of bricks. But then I realized this was like a freebee thing like you said and I gladly took to thinking Lord Ozai left to apologize to his son...even as that seemed impossible cuz the Fire Lord is hated in the Southern Water Tribe and about everywhere else that isn't Fire Nation territory. Yeah. *sigh* But Zuko cares about his Father dispite everything...It would've been a nice thought of seeing them putting their differences aside and accepting eachother.

Well, I'm taking this too seriously. So I'll just stop. Love your fic, of course.

-Moony
alation chapter 1 . 12/24/2005
The banter between Iroh and Ozai is new – it’s hard to remember most of the time that they are brothers and this sort of touches on that. I like how you manage to create a background without taking away from the main theme of the story. It’s well-written, and the choice to use present tense suits their interaction. I enjoyed reading this. .

As far as con-crit goes, I don’t have much to say that won’t tick you off. *laughs* I personally hate it when people tell me this, but the end really would have so much more of an impact if you… ended it a little more. I realize the affect you’re trying to produce in the reader, but the structure of the last paragraph should be changed around a bit to make it just a tad less confusing. It’s not so much a question of “does Ozai die,” but more of “why is the firelight flickering and sputtering if it’s not his doing?” I hope this makes sense.

The characters were a little OoC, but they were melded carefully to the situation you placed them in so it worked out nicely. Iroh’s characterization was especially fantastic. . Great job, overall!
Acciodoublestuffed chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
AH! i love it! this was very good! i loved how iroh got got some backbone towards the end! and of course the zutaraness!
46 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »