Reviews for Tears on the Balcony
Grace chapter 30 . 1/6
Not gonna lie. I'm getting tired of Lily's attitude; she thinks she's super entitled to yell at Potter whenever she wants. I get that she's a Muggleborn and has to work 10 times harder to get what she wants but can she take his feelings into account for once? Godammit.
Grace chapter 22 . 1/6
Riley is such a bitch. No disrespect, I get that she's angry and feeling betrayed, but godammit if she isn't such a bitch.
Anon chapter 51 . 1/1
In retrospect, I was really harsh in my previous review. Just ignore it. I'm having a bad day.

Your writing is great, and obviously people have enjoyed your fic - I guess it just wasn't exactly what I was personally looking for. Nothing against you.

Sorry.
Anon chapter 51 . 1/1
I didn't enjoy this fic. And I hate when people only put Lily/James together right at the end, especially when we have to deal with annoyance and significant third parties for most of it. I scrolled past all the Riley crap and whatever else wasn't related to LJ. I know you said you thought it added to the story - I just thought it added nothing to the story and was frankly quite self indulgent of you.
LuvDramione chapter 42 . 12/28/2017
Heh. Nice ending. Siriusly.
LuvDramione chapter 34 . 12/27/2017
I love your story. I truly do. But the only weird thing is the way you end the chapters and then call them cliffhangers. No offence. I'm almost always satisfied with how the chapters end and that shouldn't happen if they're cliffhangers, right? For example, for this chapter to end as a cliffhanger you could've ended it at..."Riley?" he muttered under his breath in shock, not even realising he had uttered her first name...

When Riley admitted that it could be enough I felt happy. I can stop reading for today and then carry on tomorrow without having my heart squeezed out of curiosity or heart break. I'm not going to, of course (Your plot is way too amazing for me to stop except when my mum starts getting so annoyed that she threatens me to break the lappy).

I'm just saying that the endings don't exactly feel like cliffhangers.
Also, I LOVE YOU. I LOVE THIS STORY. MUUWWAAAHHH :D :D :D
Guest chapter 5 . 11/25/2017
I desperately wanted to like this as it got some good reviews over on tumblr but in 6 chapters in and I’m bored out of my skull. Lily is so annoying, James is obnoxious, Riley and Kay just seem boring and don’t get me started on the whole school life. There’s none of it? As a British person the language used isn’t great and pretty much all of the conversations seem forced. I’m so sorry for not liking this but I won’t be continuing. You write very well though and I would encourage you to keep that up!️
Guest chapter 5 . 11/25/2017
I’m so sorry. I just can’t get into this.
Guest chapter 42 . 11/17/2017
Honestly, it makes it really hard for me to ship Jily because I honestly want to slap Lily and it seems like you're trying too hard to make her likeable but she's coming off as unbelievably annoying. And the fights between James and Lily are way too repetitive :/
TheMuffin chapter 11 . 11/12/2017
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Mia Tia chapter 2 . 11/12/2017
In England is a girlfriend a lover, not a female friend . . . . . . .
Guest chapter 43 . 11/6/2017
Poor lily.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/13/2017
I'm going to start off by saying that your writing has potential to become something wonderful. I honestly believe that. And if your still writing now I'm sure it changed and grown dramatically.
Unfortunately, this story was not my cup of tea. Everyone seemed fake and arguments were repetitive. The teenage drama was old school American-like and it just rubbed me wrong way. It was just a bit awkward and annoying. Also, The bickering between James and Lily was so petty and childish. I read some reviews several chapters ahead and was surprised to know their arguments were still continuing. But the biggest thing I noticed is how you write in a guys POV. I feel like I'm reading into thoughts of a girl instead of a boy. Obviously, men and women, boys and girls do not think a like but writing about their POV, especially when it's the opposite sex, can be a little tricky.
Simon chapter 42 . 9/8/2017
See? Now I'm mad at James. This just never stays consistent. That was a fantastic ending, btw. I'd make this longer but I need to keep reading.
Simon chapter 39 . 9/8/2017
First of all, I love your writing and the scenes you come up with. You have a pretty amazing imagination and an ability to just invent conversation that evokes practically any kind of feelings. That said, I kind of hate you, because I simultaneously can't stop reading this and wish I could reach through my phone and punch a few of the characters. Lily is first on my list, closely followed by James (which I guess is deliberate). But where I am in this chapter, she's being particularly petty and childish and basically taking out her problems on everyone, and it makes me want to scream. This is usually the point where I stop reading books because goddamnit if I don't have to deal with people acting this way in real life I don't have to deal with it in stories. But now, I'm too attached to these characters so I can't do that. Most of them have acted childish at some point, but all of them are also amazing characters who are developed well enough that they have redeeming qualities. So I can't hate any of them, and thus, I can't stop reading. On I go to the future chapters and books. Seriously, I am slightly addicted to this series and it's all my girlfriend's fault.
2,964 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »