Reviews for Tears on the Balcony
Hatata chapter 1 . 10/2
Hoping this improves. Recommended by my sister. Descriptive sections are WAAAY too long. Those over-extended paragraphs talking about how "ordinary" Lily is had me wanting to stop reading. You could cut 70% of that section, and you'd still have too much.
Adios chapter 32 . 9/22
You are a good writer. I've enjoyed parts of your fic to this point, but it's really a little tiring to see how you drag out the conflicts in this story.

The petty bickering was, in my opinion, somewhat believable for the first couple of chapters right up until Lily and James buried the hachet and became friends the first time around in 7th year. When you made Lily overhear James's conversation with Kristina and describe her initial reactions, I thought, "ok, this is plausible too". I can definitely see how that would make her upset and make her blow up like that. Heck, any sane person would be upset.

However, I expected Lily and James to quickly make up for this. You have written James's character to show that he so clearly does care about Lily and her unexpected change in attitude, and you yourself have written several times that he "cannot understand where he went wrong". You have made James constantly seek out Lily to speak about this.
I find it beyond frustrating that you have built up Lily to be so petty and refuse to have this conversation like a mature adult. I hate how you have made her so stubborn and unreasonable. Lily is intelligent enough to consider that the things James said about her was just talk to Kristina and to get on her good side.

And even if she doesn't consider this or believe James if he said so himself, she SHOULD be mature enough to hear him out. It's annoying to see how hormonal and argumentative she is.

And after the discussion on the platform, and getting to know James a bit more to a point where they are 'chummy', surely she should be a bit more willing to speak to James?

As for Riley and Sirius, they are almost a carbon copy of the Lily and James trope. It's tiring to have two couples that are constantly at each other's throats.

The lack of communication is beyond frustrating in this fic, and I think highly unrealistic to the point you have driven it. I get that Lily has her trust issues and 'builds walls'. But why she can never have a civil discussion without blowing up is beyond me. Why she can never just speak her mind about what's bothering her, especially with the passion you have bestowed upon her, MAKES NO SENSE!

Lily is incredibly petty, rude, immature and holds a grudge worse than scrooge. She is OOC to the point of being borderline bipolar in this fic. The back and forth between James and Lily (and Sirius and Riley) is repetitive and irritating.

Sorry, I've tried seeing it from the perspective you have written. But a strong female character like Lily should not be so pathetic.
So lily kind of... sucks
Fayejase chapter 1 . 5/12
Yeah no. I can’t go on. Your writing is excellent. Very descriptive and verbose. Character accuracy is not really at all accurate. Story line is bleh. I’m sorry but James was supposed to be much better in 7th year. And Lily? A heartless bitch who is so fucking annoying I could punch her in the face. Remus is the only character I actually liked in this story. I honestly loved this up until they came back to school 7th year. And now I can’t continue. So sorry.
Fayejase chapter 7 . 5/12
Please tell me this james Kristina shit is almost over I can’t take any more of it.
Viking529 chapter 51 . 5/10
Great ending! Super excited to move on to the sequel!
phoenixtshirt chapter 1 . 12/29/2018
Hi there! I believe part of this fic was posted on Unknowable Room? Well UR has been shut down, and all the fics migrated over to Archive of Our Own. My understanding is that you can contact someone at AO3 and claim your fic (or have it removed, if you’d rather). Just wanted to let you know in case you didn’t already. If you need help tracking down the fic on AO3 or figuring out who to contact, PM me and I’ll help as much as I can!
Guest chapter 50 . 12/23/2018
this fic is unbearably slow and repetitive. the same kind of thing keeps happening over and over again and honestly I feel like it's trying so hard to be realistic that it is completely unrealistic. this seems good on the surface but is just bad and I would not recommend wasting your time on it.
Lil I chapter 13 . 12/10/2018
I like this story allot hurry up with the lamBs and lily though argggg lol just kidding but not
mangamanic chapter 49 . 12/1/2018
Pokémon I choose you
mangamanic chapter 31 . 11/29/2018
I still hate lily
mangamanic chapter 30 . 11/29/2018
I hate lily as a character. I don’t really think she deserves to end up with James at this point.
mangamanic chapter 7 . 11/28/2018
Why does his name switch from Fabian which I’m pretty sure is the right name to Fabrice? Is it like a nickname or smthing
Harshita chapter 2 . 11/14/2018
amazinggggggggggggggggggg
Guest chapter 51 . 9/5/2018
honestly, i keep coming back to this again and again! your trilogy is definitely the best jily/maurader era fic in this whole site. your writing is so incredibly real and honestly it hits me so hard because i cry every time i read this story. i hope your passion for writing never dies!
2,989 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »