Reviews for Sweet Release
Disney's Darling chapter 3 . 6/24/2011
OH. MY. BIEBER. This is amazing. Ayame's gone insaaaaaaaane... so believable. Poor Aaya, keeping him sedated won't work forever...

UPDATE SOON!
IllusionaryMagician chapter 2 . 2/26/2011
Aww! Sniff... Its sad! Its a good piece of work though! I like it! Nice job :) Update soon :D
kagome102694 chapter 2 . 4/4/2008
Please update soon!
osaka-chan4 chapter 2 . 12/2/2007
*sniffle sniffle* Poor Aaya-kun! _
osaka-chan4 chapter 1 . 12/1/2007
Such a good story, yet it's so sad... I actually almost cried. Overall, 'tis a great story with a great plot. You are truely an awesome writer. (sniffles) ; _ ;
hatori's-flower chapter 2 . 9/11/2006
You've already made me cry with this story so that means I will keep reading it. Good Job!
HanaTohruShipperMorgan chapter 2 . 8/12/2006
Kurai-san! I'm sorry that I was so critical before. I think you're improving a lot. Mainly because of the lack of Japanese - I won't count imouto-san, because that'd sound strange in English - and a better use of ellipses. I'd still like there to be less ellipses, but they aren't bad enough to make me snap anymore.

Actually, I used to use a TON of ellipses. I loved the things. But then my friend - my closest friend in the world, just about - told me off for abusing them and insisted I cut nearly all of them. Ever since I've been trying to follow her advice and edit them away. Same with the fangirl Japanese, too.

...Come to think of it, I think that she completely changed my way of looking at editing and reading and writing. Huh. Most of my pet peeves are learned from mistakes of my own that she shredded.

Also, I'm sorry that I might not have time for Tourniquet for about a billion years. I'll try to get to it, though, and with a less red-ink-thirsty eye. I know what it feels like to have something you spent a seemingly (or maybe not-so-seemingly) enormous part of your life and soul on be discounted without a backward glance. I can't tell you- I can't express- I don't know what words will show how sorry I am that you thought that's what I'd done. I'm bad - terrible, horrendous, awful - with people skills. I don't know how harsh to be. And I often convey the wrong impression. I hope you forgive me.

Anyway! About this chapter... I liked the Kyou-Tohru-Yuki interaction. Brought in a higher sense of possibility as well as unreality. And I like your portrayal of Kana. And everyone, really.

I just don't like a few little quirks you have. Minor things like ellipses, 'golden suns', and Zodiac names instead of normal ones. That's all. Little pet peeve-ish stuff.

I think this is my favorite of your works, actually. It's a pity that I didn't get to read Tourniquet first, but I guess I'll wing it.

...Also, I thought that Kazuma was going to ask Yuki to help him move the bodies so Ayame wouldn't go after them again. That was a pleasant surprise, having him talk to Ayame instead. And I understood the emotions they all went through, too.

I really should get going. My sister's waiting for me.

Have a nice day!

~ Hana

PS - Was this an okay review?
Adi88 chapter 2 . 7/5/2006
Need I even say that this is exquisite? In my opinion it goes without, but nonetheless, there 'tis. Exsquisite.

As for specific goodness and badness, first off, the dream in general was beautiful, but ruling it was the line about how Aya's never alone in dreams. As far as I can tell, everyone has those quirks in dreams, things that rarely change (I NEVER know I'm dreaming, for example) and this touch is just so human.

Aya's wake-up was good too, very angsty. I gather you're trying to avoid capitals, which is all to the better, but they do belong there sometimes. I mean, through my filter, italics mean emotion and capitals are volume. Which, just there, was called for. Aya's hardly the type to be quiet with the grieving all the time.

Mn... that line about Yuki, and the sun, and everything... I could just eat it. Favorite one, 'capting maybe the dream one.

Yuki and Aya's first conversation was a bit offly... not exactly anything they say, just the tone. M... trying to put my finger on it. Too blatant, maybe? The pain's too much of it's own entity. Takes over, melodramaticises it.

I'm glad Tohru and Kyo are here! Love those two. I liked how Yuki told them and acted after, though they seemed to... accept it too easily?

And the end bit was lovely. Strays into the melo side of drama here and there, but all in all, very touching. Love Kana!

I know I'm biased towards the philosophy, but that thing about no prayers from a friend bringing them back just made me want to cry.

Okay, this has gotten ridiculously long now. And I am so owed a nice, fulfilling sob, so I'm gonna go have that.
lilhazelnutta chapter 2 . 7/5/2006
Aww my gosh... what a sad story... but it is really good... *sniff* please update soon. :'(
littlefiction chapter 2 . 7/5/2006
Harsh. Looking forward to the next chapter, sort of. I see what you mean about the "like" thing
littlefiction chapter 1 . 7/4/2006
He's so dependent on them, it makes sense that he would be devestated and lost
HanaTohruShipperMorgan chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
I never did finish the first one, did I? Anyhow, this was actually really well written and lighter on the angst than it could have been, thank the stars. I liked the use of the italicized flashbacks to highlight moods rather than risking pointless, laughable phrases like you did in some of your earlier fics.

This was the only one of your fics so far that made me feel any measure of sadness. That's difficult to pull off. Good job.

Yes. I like this one. You still abuse ellipses - impact is not about trailing off, screaming, or breaking off every other line, it's about short, descriptive statements with deeper meanings! - but I guess there are worse things.

And you say 'dog' and 'snake' and suchlike, too, which still irks me to no end. Ah well.

I think you used the word 'orbs' for 'eyes' in a few of your older fics. Don't. It's a long story to explain why, but I'll tell you if you like.

Anyway, to sum up: much better than your old fics, better descriptions, beautiful lack of fangirl Japanese, but an abuse of ellipses, the constant calling of characters by their Zodiac animal, and the ever-present description of tears as crystalline.

Have a nice day!

~ Hana
Adi88 chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
A wreck indeed... this may be my absolute favorite of everything you've written. It's horrifyingly enchanting, if that makes sense, and even if it doesn't. Perfect in every way imaginable. Oh, and WHERE ARE THE OTHER CHAPTERS?

...You are gonna write more, aren't you? You said.

This is so wonderful. I have to take a break and cry now; I'll be back when I'm able.
shesamonster chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
Make a sequal soon! I love dark fics like this!
haPPycEEryX92 chapter 1 . 1/10/2006