Reviews for How It Goes
riverrat chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
A beautiful bittersweet story. I can't believe you don't have more reviews.
Catmint chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
This is a nice version of the Severus-in-love-with-Lily; although it's a common plot yours is lovely and sad in equal measures.

However, there are quite a few spelling errors and typos, and this *will* put some people off reading and reviewing, so I advise you to get a decent beta to pick up on those (it's easier for an outsider to do it rather than the author because the author knows what it *should* say so the brain plays tricks so you miss stuff). A decent beta needs to be able to pick up on things like that, and also things like "your not going to sit with him are you" - it should be "you're not going..." because it's a contraction of "you are", not "your" as in possession ("your hat").

Also, the story doesn't flow very well in some places - there isn't enough detail and the style needs some work. It's a little slapdash and slangy in some places.

"“He makes me so mad sometimes.” She muttered" - here and in several places you've used a capital letter when it's not the end of a sentence. It should be a comma after 'sometimes' and thus a small 's' for 'she'. 'Muttered' is a substitute for 'said' and in those cases, even though the *character* has finished their sentence, the author has not. Go and skim through a few books and you'll see what I mean.
LissyLovegood chapter 1 . 12/24/2005
I liked it! The plot may be a bit overused, but I like what you've done with it, it was nice. ]