Reviews for A Very Kara Christmas
Great. Groovy
Starlord Master chapter 1 . 3/8
More please!
SSG Michael B. Jackson chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
A very good story here, and a great showcase for one of my favorite comic characters of all times set back in her Silver Age debut. Only two gripes, really:

1. I can understand that religion is important to you, but I would've enjoyed this just a little bit more without all of the Christian content (yeah, I know it's a Christmas story, but still...)

2. I'm sure that Amnesium probably is canon for the time period, but Superman's willingness to just jump in and mind-wipe a whole school is just creepy. Tp me, that's and 'ends justifies the means' kind of solution and not in keeping with the moral standard that Superman is supposed to represent (though I know DC has used heavy-handed plot solutions like this in the past...)

Still, these are minor concerns and the story as a whole is great, causing even a 37-year-old softie like me to become misty-eyed at times.
cooking babe chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
This was a very nice story.
EveKnight75 chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
I think that you've done an excellent job with the time-period slang. It adds to the flavor of the fic. However, the background you wrote in for Superman confuses me. I thought that he arrived on Earth when he was a toddler. In that case, he shouldn't have had a Kryptonian childhood.

I'm also going to have to criticize some aspects of Kara's strategy. The hair-dying was a stroke of genius, but leaving only the good samples at the shack was an error on her part. She should have created a few faulty elves and wigs and kept them in the shack as proof of practice. Most people would become even more suspicious if EVERYTHING was perfect.

Overall, I enjoyed this fic very much but felt it necessary to leave some constructive criticism.
Luc Star chapter 1 . 12/27/2005
i think this was a beautiful story. i hope you'll have one out like this one next year as well. take care. later.