Reviews for At the Rising of the Moon
steelelf chapter 6 . 4/20/2006
LOL!

Gah!

Poor Faramir. LOL!

Sorry for incoherence, tired...
MusicDreamer7 chapter 6 . 4/20/2006
Oh I enjoyed this light hearted diversion very much mellon nin. The very thought of Aragorn and Faramir doing such a thing has me in giggles. What a nightmare indeed. My one's mind can play very evil tricks on you. Yes we women are quite difficult to understand at times. Very lovely chapter, and I look forward to the next installment of Web of Treason.
Nienor Niniel chapter 6 . 4/20/2006
Hehe! I was wondering if they'd really do this when I read the beginning of this chapter! I like Gudrun, the dream and the real version. She's really funny!

Thanks for your card! Nienor
Raksha The Demon chapter 6 . 4/20/2006
Some fangurls are SUCH voyeurs! Wherever could you have gotten such a scandalous idea?

I loved it! Poor guys; just because Gudrun had grown old, doesn't mean she had lost her appreciation of men as well as horses. And our two favorite Numenorean hunks would look mighty fine streaking around the orchard. "Sky clad" indeed!
Quickbeam10 chapter 5 . 1/24/2006
/It was indeed a happy Yuletide./

Indeed! A lovely story! I'm glad Elbeth had the chance to dance with Aragorn. That would be any girl's dream and certainly my own. It was nice to enjoy a story containing no angsty moments. A very well written piece and heartwarming tale. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Quickbeam10 chapter 4 . 1/24/2006
/“Women !” King and Steward muttered under their breath simultaneously,”Whatever will it take to please them !”/

My thoughts exactly!

However, it was a very delightful chapter and your descriptions of the great hall and various dress was wonderful. I sat here picturing it all in my mind.

My favorite lines this chapter belonged to Eowyn and were as follows.

/“They might well be, but they are our husbands and innocents abroad, outside of a battlefield !” Eowyn said grimly “Only they could go for a ride in the forest and be drugged by a crazy old woman. Then there was the time that they went swimming and a goat ate their clothes. When you were giving birth and our backs were turned on them ,Faramir managed to get into a fight with my brother. Then,while we were in Ithilien together Aragorn was kidnapped ! And there was the time they went camping and ..” She sighed deeply. “The moment we they are out of our sight, they get into trouble!They are as drawn to disaster as ducks are to water ! How can you be so calm ?”/

LOL! Those two are forever getting into trouble! :)
grumpy123 chapter 5 . 1/15/2006
Very good story, and went well with the season. Even after all that trouble to get the mistletoe, the boys still don't need it to be kissing thier wifes.
MusicDreamer7 chapter 5 . 1/14/2006
Well I finished this story in one sitting. I do hope this how things will be at the end of Web of Treason. I just can't stand the thought of Faramir and Aragorn not being close friends anymore. And the banter about not understanding miseltoe at the end was just priceless. Oh and I do love Elbeth, such an adorable little girl.
Laerien chapter 4 . 1/10/2006
This time my favourite line has nothing to do with humour or emotions.

"Then,while we were in Ithilien together Aragorn was kidnapped ! And there was the time they went camping and..." Thumb up!

The problem might be with me, but this sentence doesn't make sense...

"Eowyn stopped pacing for a moment and smiled at the memory of her baby daughter and Elestelle,reaching for..."

But the two men talking about women were priceless... Though now that I think about it, I'd say they'd know more than to say things like that. :o)

Now Elbeth is like me. I still (almost) never wear dresses, not even skirts. :oP So I can understand her completely. (Even the way she adores simple, but beautiful dresses)

Hm. You know my e-mail address, could you explain the traditions to me as well?
QueenofFlarmphgal chapter 5 . 1/10/2006
Aw! GReat chapter!

I loved Elbeth and her 'sour expression'. Tee hee! ANd i'm sure her and Aragorn dancing would be an adorable sight.

And the gift exchange at the end- very nice! I'm sure Aragorn will find his gift handy soon enough...O)But it was great how they called each other father and son.

wOoT!
lucidity chapter 5 . 1/9/2006
That was so sweet and warm, just lovely.

Everyone had such a nice time and it seems that Eowyn has given her husband some respect, which is nice to see as well, LOL!

The exchange of gifts was touching. The gifts were very thoughtful and sweet.

I do seem to be saying sweet quite bit, but it's true.

I see now that this is finished we will get back into the sadness and angst that we all love just as much.

Thanks for posting your lovely fic.
JuliaAurelia chapter 5 . 1/9/2006
What a lovely ending to this tale! I liked how the Gondorians were confused about what the mistletoe was for, until Aragorn explained the custom. Aragorn was very cute dancing with Elbeth. Nobody in the court should dare to make an issue out of her being born out of wedlock after the King so openly showed his favor to little girl. One can imagine him someday dancing with his own daughter(s)in much the same way.

The gifts beautiful and very creative. I especially liked how Aragorn told Faramir that he was practically a member of the Fellowship and thus deserved an elven cloak. Aragorn knew exactly the right thing to say!

Looking forward to resumption of WOT.
Nobodyknowsmenow chapter 5 . 1/9/2006
Aw... sweetness!
Stoneage Woman chapter 5 . 1/9/2006
Hey, this story was really sweet! :D Aragorn' and Faramir's relationship is bloody complicated. Mellon nin, ion nin, and adar nin. And I remember they've called each other brothers, too. Some relationship they have.

Men. Can't understand women, huh? Thank God, because otherwise, we'd all be in BIG trouble. LOL. There'd be no more complicated love stories if men understood women!

Again, very well written story. You rock. This goes on my faves, as usual. Ta!
Nienor Niniel chapter 5 . 1/9/2006
Ah, nice ending! Especially the idea with the Elven Cloak.

But now I fear that our heroes will have to suffer greatly in the following weeks... It is just good that we know everything turned out well. Yes, of course, you say that it might be an AU, but I know what to think!

Greetings! Nienor