Reviews for At the Rising of the Moon
Patty chapter 4 . 1/4/2006
A lovely, happy chapter makes me feel good!

I'm curious since I know nothing about it, so I'd

like to ask a question. Is this the traditional way

to light a Yule log or is it your own interpretation?
Stoneage Woman chapter 4 . 1/4/2006
I love your descriptions of their clothes. You unwittingly gave away that this takes place after "Web of Treason." You said that Aragorn was kidnapped! Hah, hah! Now we know Web of Treason will end happily!

I also love the way Eowyn frets and fumes and paces and snaps. And the men being covered in fleas and the bit about sharing the bed was just hilarious.

Where d'you get all that stuff about the Yule log, btw? Did you make the whole ceremony up or is it traditional?

Must dash! Gotta go to college. See you!
Cookies-R-Yummy chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
Quickbeam1 chapter 3 . 1/3/2006
I just loved these two passages.

/Just then,the moon reappeared,illuminating Aragorn in its silver rays. Tall and kingly he stood,his dark hair framing his noble features/

And

/that there was something immensely soothing in Aragorn's very presence. It seemed not only his hands but every part of his body was infused with comforting warmth/ (I need to add a sigh myself here. Sigh! )

Another beautiful chapter. I especially enjoyed all the imagery you used from the crackling fire while they roasted chestnuts to the cat's antics as it watched them (with it finally ending up in Aragorn's lap) to finally Aragorn's kingly appearance as he sang the incantation to Bema. Well done as always. :)
Julia chapter 3 . 1/2/2006
I loved the part where Aragorn was singing, that combined with your description of how noble and kingly he looked with the moonlight shining on him made a perfect moment in the story.
Nobodyknowsmenow chapter 3 . 1/2/2006
Run on,

Run on home,

Ride on,

Never more to roam.

Aragorn, Strider,

You're where you belong,

Faramir, little ranger

He's the father you've wanted so long...

(I have to go RIGHT now- will finish later!
Alenor Peredhel chapter 3 . 1/2/2006
Sorry, I was so late as posting this review! Well, at least I'm here now, right?

Beautiful story. I really lke it. Especially Gudrun, she amuses me. Very well-written
Lhaewin chapter 3 . 1/2/2006
A sweet little story, Linda. I enjoyed it very much.

Now they found a source for the annual mistle-toe.

One of my favourite lines: "Just then,the moon reappeared,illuminating Aragorn in its silver rays. Tall and kingly he stood,his dark hair framing his noble features,the light reflected off the gleaming blade shining in his eyes."
lucidity chapter 3 . 1/2/2006
Faramir seems to be delightfully naive where Aragorn's teasing is concerned.

I sense that the guys are in trouble with their wives for being late. But how could Eowyn be angry, since she must know the custom by which the King would be given the mistletoe, unless she didn't know where it was to come from.

Faramir is very affectionate. Eowyn is very lucky indeed!

Update when you can!
Miriel chapter 3 . 1/2/2006
Ah Faramir, it's never too late to learn, is it? Roasted chestnuts are excellent...just like that chapter. I like how Aragorn shuffled his feet uncomfortably before suddenly beginning the poem (which was very good).

Keep up the good work, and Happy New Year to you.
Nienor Niniel chapter 3 . 1/2/2006
I must admit that I also had some fear of what exactly our two heroes would have to do. But it was not bad at all, was it?

It is nice how this strange adventure comes like a holiday to them. Now I wonder what the wives will have to say!

Nienor
Patty chapter 3 . 1/2/2006
Oh my goodness, your description of the orchard scene and Aragorn in all his majesty gives me cold chills.

Thank you. Beautifully done!

The cat making itself at home in Aragorn's lap was a

nice touch. It certainly impressed Gudrun.
demeter d chapter 3 . 1/2/2006
Yet again, Aragorn rises to the occasion by using knowledge gathered years ago and stored away until needed. Beautiful chapter. The description of the orchard bathed in moonlight makes me feel like I am there watching. Reviewers of the previous chapters speculated on how the two could be good friends again if this one is set after the wrenching events of "Web of Treason." My answer is that I am confident that you will be able to write them out of yet another nasty fix, just as you have always done so far. I am sure that you can do it! Holiday Greetings!
Elenhin chapter 3 . 1/1/2006
For some odd reason this thingy window won't let me log in, so I'll have to stick with this form.

Ahh, you know, if it were Eowyn and Arwen, I think a fair few would prefer the black riders. It would not surprise me at all.

Hmm, they should have made it a wish that it all shall last, seeing as how we know what is always happening to the two of them.

Still, they could not have hoped for a better brake in the angst, this tale was amazing. Sweet and cute. Poor Faramir is always taking things to seriously. When the King joked about what he might be forced to do.

Ahh, and cats, have to love the creatures. Indeed they can look more regal than any King. At the moment I am enjoying a tale with another cat.

Atleast they got their mistletoe in the end, and a promise that they would be allowed to come back for more,and they got some nicely roasted chestnut. Given their opinion about loud crowded gatherings, the two lad may very well think they've had the best of the celebration.

It was great to read, a wonderfull begining of the new year.

Take care now, Elenhin
QueenofFlarmphgal chapter 3 . 1/1/2006
YAY! UPDATE!

Aw, what a great chapter! The chestnuts were awesome! I love Faramir...

And the mistletoe-cutting song, and the mon illuminating Aragorn, and Gudrun finally accepting him. That was incredible!

And last, but certainly not least, i loved the wishing part. It was just beautiful...and also the wish of escaping their wives' wrath. Hehe!

wOoT!