Reviews for Loss, Hope & Redemption
Twigon chapter 10 . 2/2/2014
I actually Thoth you were going to keep him dead. Made me sad, but kind of excited at the same time- those kind of endings are rare.

Threatening The Lord Kami makes up for it though. Even if we all know he'd get his ass kicked without Saffron and Fang Shou backing him up.
Raynze76 chapter 10 . 1/14/2013
Great story
The Master Warlord chapter 10 . 5/13/2012
In any other story, such ending would've shattered my Suspension of Disbelief so hard you won't find the pieces. Not in this one though, as ironically, Ranma is actually weak enough that a single resurrection wouldn't be that hard to swallow. I wouldn't say the same if he was OP since the beginning. I guess since he didn't even have any distinct advantage throughout the fight, something less than that ending just wouldn't be proper.

Bleagh, I'm not god at words. Anyway, I love your epic and am putting it as my favorites, old as this story might be.
Shannon Dee chapter 10 . 2/26/2012
Loved the story.
Rose1948 chapter 10 . 1/30/2012
Computer failure... ::shudders::

You are a STINKER! An honest to gosh STINKER! ::laughs:: However, your story was so damned Wicked Cool that I'll forgive you. A little.

Take care and thanks for sharing.
Shinzochi chapter 10 . 4/21/2011
That was an unbelievably AWESOME! story, u ate truly one excellent writer, that ending took me by complete and total surprise, and with as great of a story as that how could u even question if there would be interest in reading about Ranma's time in heaven and things from Kiinma's point of view, i know i want to read them. (_)
PGD chapter 10 . 12/12/2009
this was first quality ranma fic i've come across in quite some time.
hyrushoten chapter 2 . 9/27/2009
This is an awesome story. This is actually my fourth or fifth time reading it. I'm mainly just reviewing to respond to your search for long naruto stories about wacky ninja hi-jinks on your profile and wanted to recommend "A Twist of Chance" by MockV. I know its listed as an AU and has some OCs, but the main focus of the story is on team 7 and wacky ninja hi-jinks. Dang, now I can't stop thinking about all those hi-jinks. I must be strong and resist the urge to read it again. I mean I reread it a month ago; I can at least last another month, I hope.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 10 . 5/13/2009
Beautiful job. There's far too little fanfiction which focuses on the Phoenix Tribe and yours gets a 5 out of 5 rating in the spreadsheet where I track fics I've already read. I'm looking forward to reading what you've written for your rewrite.
Bree R chapter 10 . 5/11/2009
Very good story. Well written and an enjoyable plot. Would have liked to see what happened to the two of them in a few years to further wrap up the ending...but still excellent fic.
Bambi Star chapter 10 . 2/15/2009
Darn you! Sheer brilliance! Made me cry, made me smile. A totally and absolutely wonderful work! I cannot think of a better ending than what you made it. Definitely an epic! The whole story also flowed so well. I am completely envious. P I can only thank you for writing this wonderful fic! Hope to be able to read more of your works in future. )
crazy canon checker chapter 3 . 11/10/2008
Both in this chapter and in the prolog you make statements about Nabiki having told him stuff this chapters being "An open statement, one made from the heart. That was always the best way to start a speech. That’s what Nabiki always told me, anyways." Nabiki has never in the entire manga given Ranma any advice.

Saffron was not needed to keep the balance. The Amazons did not even know that the Musk still existed -Cologne thought them extinct and the Pheonix people were even less known by her, only known from legends and myths.

Why is Ranma's first thoughts about beating Herb? In canon, he generally attempts to talk first (Ryoga battle, Ukyo battle, konatsu battle, etc...) and his second choice is to attempt to trick or manipulate the person (tried to manipulate principal into giving him the coconut, tried to trick Ryoga with various disguises, etc...). Oh and Ranma can and does talk fancy when it suits him look at the martial arts dining arc for examples.

Why doesn't Ranma use any smokescreens (like he did to get Miss Hinako away from a group of kids), poisons/drugs (like he attempted to use on Kuno -magic sword arc, Shampoo - in flowers, Happosai - several times), or tactics beyond frontal asault (things like taking out individual soldiers weakening them or sneak attacks) - all of which he has done in canon - used sneak attacks on Miss Hinako for example.

Kasumi doesn't sew up Ranma's torn clothing in the manga, he does it himself - see him making his costume to fight Mousse with.
crazy canon checker chapter 2 . 11/10/2008
Ranma, of the manga, is an excellent cook and does so on a few occasions. Cooking battle versus Akane and made breakfast for Ryoga while under affects of koi-rod come to mind (Ryoga even states he's an excellent cook).

For her to be moving at speeds that Ranma would have trouble tracking would be extremely impressive since he has no trouble tracking Colognes fist moving at armaguriken speeds or every punch Ryoga can throw (example casually blocking every punch Ryoga's tosses during koi-rod arc).

Why didn't Ranma even consider stowing away on a ship or stealing one?

Ranma prior to learning the new technique could already leap forty or fifty feet at a time, see the take out battle as an example of him doing so.

Why'd it take him so long to get to Jusenkyo? In the beginning of the manga he made the trip from Jusenkyo to the Tendo's in around two weeks. That was when his curse was new, he swam the ocean, and he made stops on the way (example got dragon whisker curse).

Ranma could still use the Umisenken, he never actually promised not to use them (Ryu had to if he lost but Ranma never said he would seal them). He did say they were sealed but he had also sealed Genma, Since he freed Genma he could unseal those techniques.
crazy canon checker chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
I saw in another comment that you don't mind being shown how your fic differs from canon so here is some:

Nabiki, in the manga, has never had anyone pay her interest. She demands cash immediately (and would never loan out money).

Ranma has said "I'm sorry" or apologized using other words fairly often in the manga. Some examples: He does so in the very first volume, does so to Ryoga for accidentally damaging the magic mushrooms, does so to Miss Hinako for accidentally jumping on her, does so to Akane for landing in the changing room while Akane is trying on a new bra, etc...
Mizuno Tenshi2 chapter 10 . 10/16/2008
Woo! Awesomeness in a fic!