Reviews for Rats Gone Home to Jesus
Gallows Calibrator chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
Amazing work, I love this. You're actually the first person I've come across that actually knows a thing or two about the play. And I love all the Waste Land refs! Eliot is awesome, no? )
MireiLovett1846 chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
This was brilliant! I loved it.

Well, the only thing similar to the revival world I could pick out was Pirelli's accordion... the Pirelli character plays one in the revival.
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
Is the title from 'The Waste Land' too?
BeBopALula chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
Guess what? I read The Wasteland because this was so good! Thanks! I know it's been years since this was published, but it's easier to put it on my favorites list with a review.
Moo Marie chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
Nice series of vignettes.
Icelands chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Gorgeous. You have an elegant style of writing riddled with hidden meanings.

Keep writing.
Heavenmetal chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
Brilliant. Each part was brief but so poinant.
Jill chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
Very good. My biggest problem would be disgreeing with the Todd/Lovett relationship - but since you said this was drawn from the revival, it's a reasonable assertation.

The writing is almost lyrical at points - I think you capture T.S Eliot pretty well.

I think my biggest problem, writing wise is with Anthony's vingette. There's something in the dialogue bettween Todd and Anthony that just doesn't seem to flow right. I'd consider looking back at that and seeing if it can't be fixed. Maybe it's just that Anthony talks too much to a man that, it seems, he's never spoken to before.

Other than that, very well done.
Tastes of Strawberries chapter 1 . 6/12/2007

I have nothing to say.

This left me speechless. brilliant!
Chinchillazilla chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
"The pie reminds her of him. She doesn’t really know why."

Because I am a sick twisted person, that line amused me to no end.

(I really liked the story, just had to comment on that line in particular.)
fadeinonme chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
I was looking for some good Sweeney Todd fic so I was so happy to stumble across this. I love your style it's fantastic and this whole fic was so well written it just takes my breath away. That last section especially, oh the irony... and the... yes... everything.

I love the little insights we got into each character, especially Lucy you really gave her a lot of detail and depth.

Fantastic! I loved this so much.
sakuuya chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
That was absolutely marvelous. Almost every single little drabble in this piece ended with chilling perfection, and every last one was pitch-perfect in character.
LadyLizaElliott chapter 1 . 8/26/2006
Excellent peice of Sweeney fic! I love your styling, everything about this peice is stunning! Keep up the marvelous work!
Broadwaypoetess chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
I loved this. My favorite one has to be the last piece, especially how (at least in the 82 dvd) Lovett and Todd seem to agree on only picking drifters that won't be missed (and how Todd spares the man's life when he sees the daughter) only to kill a man with a family.

I like Johanna's too. Disturbing imagery and the rather blunt final sentence for that one. (Makes me think of Kurt Vonnegut for some reason.)
Mizamour chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
Wow. This was... brilliant. An amazing perspective, depiction, and characterization of every character! Tobias's piece was my favorite, but it's so hard to choose... these are just all astounding. Brilliant and moving and powerful and everything I love about the musical and more. And the last, the victim's wife's perspective... wow. That left me speechless... wow. So much is focused on the characters of Todd, the revenge tragedy, but most always ignoring the feelings of the victims, the innocents, the bystanders with the bad fortune to have crossed the path of a vengeance-obsessed madman. And they never know. Wow. :( But what an incredible, awesome, astounding fic. Definitely a favorite, though it deserves much more. I admire your writing.