Reviews for Leaves in the Wind
Kyoukiai chapter 32 . 9/22/2014
One of the best fanfics I've ever read. Started it yesterday and couldn't "put it down." Sorry it was never completed.
morbiDreamscape chapter 24 . 12/22/2013
So I've read 24 chapters so far and I -still- can't figure out if I like this story or not. Your writing style is unusual, and very choppy and 'awkward' feeling. Honestly, the storyline is too drawn out for me. It can get a little boring and exhausting to force myself to get through it to see what happens at the end. However, what keeps me clicking on the next chapter button again and again are those sparks of brilliance that I occasionally find in situations and phrasing, and the subtle affection between Kakashi and Iruka. I might have to set this story aside for a little while, but I'll try my best to finish it in honor of those great moments.
A hopeful reader chapter 32 . 4/3/2013
This story is a real work of art. It's expertly written, with an engaging plot that keeps us guessing and a vibrant cast of characters. The amount of detail, action, and intrigue in this story means that even though your writing has already reached astronomical lengths in terms of word count, none of the chapters feel like "fillers." Every scene has a point: it either progresses the plot, the character relationships, or drops hints or red herrings to the readers about the mystery driving this bird invasion. It took thirty-two chapters to introduce the main villain in person (unless he really is one of the main cast in disguise...I'm still not 100% on Isamu), but those thirty-two chapters did a great job of building the tension up to that moment.

It's a shame this story hasn't been worked on in so long. I feel like this chapter, with the face-to-face confrontation between Kakashi and Sensei, really is a turning point. Yet we're left wondering what happens next. I hope you find the inspiration to tackle this beautifully enormous story again. I would love to see what happens next, and how you'll wrap up this epic story.
Reckless Honey chapter 32 . 9/23/2012
I can honestly say that this was one of the most well written fanfictions I've ever read, the whole plot idea was intreagueing and the way your story unfolds kept me hanging on every chapter. After finishing what you've written so far I can't help but hope you write more although I know it's unlikely you will. At first I was rather furtive when clicking on this story and it deserves way more credit and reviews than it's been given. You didn't rush into the whole relationship between Iruka and Kakashi, you made it more realistic rather than cheesey and stereotypical. Although I really would have preferred a little more romance between them the character interaction was amazing. Everytime I suspected something there would be a twist and throw me off guard, I can quite happily say that it's very hard to write like that in my opinion. The length of this review actually shows my love for this story in general as I never really write them in such detail, I really hope you'll come back to this story and finish it since I'm desperate for a conclusion.
-Reckless xo
Eru no Tsubasa chapter 3 . 8/17/2012
Cute! XD
Koto chapter 32 . 6/23/2012
Love this cant wait the next part
InnocentGrace chapter 32 . 9/27/2011
I have just read this story from start to...well...most recent update lol and I absolutely love it ! I love all of your characters especially isamu, and your action scenes are great! I really hope that you update this again soon (even if your last update was two years ago)...so many unanswered questions... anyway s thanks for the wonderful read

Grace

xx
ActuallyNevis chapter 32 . 5/14/2011
I absolutly loved this story and I'm sad that you never finished it. What a wonderful story telling team you two are and its depressing that this wonderful tale will not be completed. Maybe one day you will come back and finish it, ne? Nevertheless, I did love it and many thanks for writing it. Great work, ladies!
Viviane Renard chapter 32 . 5/10/2011
Good story. I've enjoyed the long suspenseful journey. You've filled this story with many interesting OC characters...I like the bird abilities and tricks. My only suggestion for this otherwise very enjoyable read is that I personally felt it took too long for our main villain to make an appearance. I kept feeling that the chapters were building up to his appearance, that the plot was about to take off and reveal the big baddy...and then it'd only be the sensei speaking through a bird, and no intense confrontation would happen besides the killing of a hapless bird. Not meeting the main bad guy until chapter 32, and then only briefly, makes it feel as if the main plot is trailing a little too slowly. Beyond that, I've enjoyed the bird nightmares and intense fights, lover spats and quiet moments of friendship. You've written a very well-balanced, if slow moving, plot.
Demon King Piccolo chapter 32 . 2/22/2011
I'm really enjoying this story. The premise is interesting enough and the fight scenes were very engaging (notably the fight scene with Kakashi and Amaya against the two Kuros). It also seems to me you have a talent for creating OCs (Amaya and Isamu, in particular, were good); no doubt a difficult thing to do.

There is one criticism I have to make against your story, though, and it is centered around the pacing. The story is enthralling to be sure, but the pacing is too slow. It takes a while for the plot to make any progress and notable plot-moving events seem to be far and few in-between. Story exposition and also seems to come at a slow pace, though character development seems more breezy. The pacing doesn't really seem to fit well with your story as I find that it often breaks built up suspense.

If there is one advantage to the pacing, though, it's that your plot twists had a much bigger impact. For example, the plot twists in chapter 31/32? Wow!

Anyway, aside from the pacing issue, I actually like your story a lot. It was very well written and the writing style was very precise, though it seems to me your transitions could use some work (in this story, the transitions were very abrupt). I found your story was easy on the eyes and very enjoyable to read.

Since this story has been updated since 2009, I guess I shouldn't expect any updates, which is too bad as I would have looked forward to seeing Ibiki and Iruka meeting greatly. Still, for what it's worth, I had a great time reading your fic. Great job!
jewelled.roses chapter 21 . 10/19/2010
Ah crap, you ended it at the most inopportune moment, I must say. *pouts* Ah well, I'll just have to continue that train of thought in my mind. I love this so much! I'll be back tomorrow for more!
jewelled.roses chapter 14 . 10/18/2010
*sighs dreamily* I love you. I admit it. You could just feel the sexual tension in this chapter, you wrote it so well. This has got a great plot, by the way. You've developed it quite well, and I totally appreciate it! Thanks so much!
blackhawk68 chapter 32 . 8/31/2010
This has to be in the top three of the best KakaIru stories I have ever read. There are so many details, it's very original, and I love how in-depth it is. You've done one of the best jobs at keeping everyone in character while having them react at whatever is happening. You've also done a marvelous job on the noncanon characters. Tekki, Elder/Younger Kuro, and Yasuo are pretty awesome and I can't help but love Iasmu to death.

Update soon, yeah? I really can't wait.
blue raven chapter 32 . 9/27/2009
this story is lurve! 3

pls continue you are an awesome writer
maria chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
yay. i love your writing. can't wait to read more.