|Reviews for Phoenix Ascension|
| Rose1948 chapter 17 . 11/8/2014
I do hope you'll be able to finish your Phoenix stories soon. I truly enjoyed reading this one and hope to read more. Hopefully your hard drive problem will be taken care of in a timely manner. Take care and thanks for sharing.
| Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
Worst start to a fic ever. Rambling author's note, rambling prologue and a first chapter where everyone is OOC, full of cliches and of course more rambling.
| shugokage chapter 17 . 10/10/2013
Well this is an amazing story great job!
| shugokage chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
Definitely an interesting story!
| Rydan fall chapter 7 . 7/19/2013
loaded her picnic into on the flat surgace and she
Shouldn't that be surface?
| Rydan fall chapter 6 . 7/19/2013
application of cold water I turn into a girl and with cold I turn back into a boy,
I believe that is way worse then a simple typo.
You used cold to much, one should be warm or hot.
| SignDowny chapter 17 . 6/2/2013
That was a funny 'Ending' for the story. A shame that it didn't continue
| gotgass chapter 17 . 2/16/2013
please sir may i have some more fanfiction?
I hope that your still around and have ideas for more.
| Clare chapter 13 . 1/5/2013
I think you messed up with this chapter. It was going really nicely, and then suddenly you just drop a ton of information rapidly, and pretty much changed the entire plot. The original purpose of this series was for Ranma to answer questions as well as discover new things about himself. Now, he has far more intense problems to worry about.
Not to mention, it's a bit too childish with how things are portrayed. I can admit I'm being biased here, but I really dislike the trite team names like "Team Alpha" and "Team Theta". Even more so when they're talking how a child might talk while role-playing with friends. Adding in Team Theta's "Team Rocket" speech certainly didn't help the matter, comedy relief or not.
I don't know, I just feel like another author came in and changed everything to what he wants. Or that you just got bored with the whole series and just decided to mess it all up. I know I loved the beginning though. You had the whole mystery with Ranma's new senses and abilities. A problem to solve as he tries to get answers to his questions. You gave him new friends that he desired. You see his character developing as he becomes a teacher, experiences new emotions, and explores his sexuality. It was serious, with some decent comedy and fantasy elements in between. Even more amazing, is that you made him the best in the world, yet you still made him human and able to stand on equal ground with people who will never be able to match up to him.
Well, I'll keep going in hopes other reviewers already mentioned what I described.
| Clare chapter 5 . 1/5/2013
Really nice so far, can't wait to read the next chapters :D
Some clarifications on the effects of different hormones for any who are interested. I have personal experience with said effects, being a MtF transsexual.
1. Smells are the only change to senses that would occur. There would be an overall increase in the ability to smell, although small. Also, one will become more sensitive to male body odors.
2. Many report increased depression. I personally have cried more often and sometimes for no reason. General mood lifting and a state of calmness otherwise.
3. Testosterone increases levels of aggressiveness, so for Ranma, the lack of male hormones will probably result in slightly more controlled anger.
4. Migraines become far more intense for some, although others experience less frequent migraines. I personally have more intense migraines.
5. Weight gain, a loss of energy, and a need for more sleep have been noted due to metabolism changes.
6. Body odor changes, although unless people are sniffing you, nobody (not even you) can tell the difference.
7. Skin will, of course, become thinner than if you were male. This results in it being softer, but also more susceptible to tearing.
8. Libido becomes near non-existent. Ranma doesn't seem to have much interest in sex in the first place, so with this, he'll practically have no want for sex (not to say he can't actually get in the mood if he wants).
9. The bladder will decrease in size, resulting in more bathroom trips than normal.
10. Personally, for me, I have noticed a slowly increasing interest in men until I eventually identified as bisexual. Of course, hormones didn't actually change my sexual orientation, but more than likely helped me discover it. If Ranma is straight as a guy, he's lesbian as a girl (although technically still straight as long as he identifies as a guy). If he's bisexual, he may just find the idea of a male partner becoming less disgusting. Not sure if this was hormones or just me accepting my identity as female though.
| That Guy chapter 17 . 12/19/2012
| Ranmaleopard chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
This is really amazing! I can't wait to see what happens next! Please continue!
| Raynze76 chapter 17 . 6/18/2011
great story sucks was never finished
| Ranmayamabushi chapter 17 . 11/12/2010
increadable story I hope you continue it!
| S.Warfield chapter 5 . 10/7/2010
There are two flaws in this story I would like to draw your attention to: the first being the large dialog woes, and the second being the progressive misandristic tone of the story (purposeful or incidental as the case may be).
Allow me to expound: your dialog is confusing to read; it is often unclear who is speaking since you neglect using the all important 'xxx said' at convenient breaks in large and often complex dialog sequences. You also neglect human nature in these interactions. When a question is asked an answer is often always provided in explicit detail, regardless of circumstances, sometimes in excruciating detail lacking all the foibles of human nature. That's not to say all your sequences suffer from this quirk, but enough to make it irritating and break the fourth wall. There is a remarkable lack of descriptive prose, as well.
I don't believe I need to expand on the second point, I will merely indicate the story is increasingly departing from Ranma's character and the scientific nature of a gender identity that it felt more like an author's rant, rather than a relevant or revelatory plot device. Whether the fault lies in the presentation, or the facts themselves, I could not say. Suffice to say, it was unconvincing.
Thanks very much for sharing! Your hard work is appreciated!