Reviews for A Simple Affliction
margaretwells chapter 5 . 8/24/2013
I love this! It has the perfect amout of fluff... he he... Keep up the great work. I also like how you pay attention to the chatacters appearances, and not just emotions.
orchardofmines chapter 5 . 6/6/2011
I am well aware that you haven't updated this for about five years now, but I just want you to know that I absolutely love this so far.

I just-... The plot development is amazing and I love how you put input your ideas into the actual novel. The way you put it just makes sense.

Also, oh my god. I LOVE your Roger. I can't. It's just. Wow. He was always interesting to me in LOTF (he was my second favorite character though. xD) and you just further developed him in his new, badass kind of evil. I love it. And I love your Simon. He's my third favorite character and wow. I love your characterization of him, it's so fitting to the novel. c: On another note, I love Roger and Simon's interactions in your fic. I've always shipped RogerSimon for some strange reason and their interactions in chapter one and three and fantastic! I love that battle between good and evil they're having and oh my god I ship it so much haha.

And the JackRalph pairing is cute. I love how you incorporated into your fic. Jack's easily my favorite character in LOTF and I loved your characterization of him here. You make him so much more adorable and I love his worry over Ralph.

Again, I'm aware that this fic is probably not going to get updated, but I absolutely love it. I'm going to keep my hopes up and put it in my alerts. Just in case.

Great job on this! I loved reading it and I'm glad that it went this far. C:
Mystic Mage-chan chapter 5 . 2/6/2011
Even though I know you'll probably never finish this, since it's been over 4 years, i'm still putting it on Alerts, because if you do, I want to know.

This is really really good.
silvereyes06 chapter 5 . 2/12/2008
it was very good. maybe a little bit more slash between simon and roger- my favorite pairing- and I would be so happy. BUt you need to update this story, it's been about two years.
quaero lumen chapter 2 . 9/26/2007
I love Simon, you portrayed him really well. Hearing, or reading, him say "I'm watching you" was funny but ominous and threatening. You're right - Roger is scary O.O he reminds me of a coiled snake with honeyed words.

I simply LOVE how sweet Jack is about Ralph and yelling at the littluns for him. What is wrong with him though? please tell me! I really REALLY wanna know!

Please update sometime (hopefully soon, but I'm not fussy) - I can't live without this wonderful story...
quaero lumen chapter 5 . 9/25/2007
I absolutely love this version of the story - now why can't Jack and Ralph be this in the real thing? *disappointed sigh*

Neway, really loved what you did with the characters and the plot. Can't wait to read more.
StarLove18 chapter 5 . 6/20/2007
its great. i like it so far
PassionateFlame chapter 5 . 4/3/2007
I love this story! Its really well written and I love the Jack/Ralph fluffyness! Please, Please, Please update soon!
Peony chapter 5 . 2/9/2007
Gorgeously written and I'm VERY pissed off that you haven't updated in so long. I suppose you never will - but I just wanted you to know that I believe your fic is one of the best in this section. You have their characterizations down beautifully - right down to Roger. I really like how you make it so the good and the evil have romantic tension. I'm not talking about Ralph and Jack - but Roger and Simon. Their relationship seems more intense and less innocent, somehow. And you even manage to insert some humor into it with Jack's ranting! Much, much love.
Kiseki no Tenshi chapter 5 . 2/7/2007
Good chapter! _

Please update!
Aerona chapter 5 . 1/14/2007
I just found this story, so I shall be lazy and review all five chapters at one go. BUT to be fairer:

Chapter 1: Love the characterisation of Jack and his obvious concern for Ralph. I think Jack was being derogatory to them (calling them "ladies") at first because he wanted to hide how he felt for Ralph. But if that wasn't your intention, oh well. I also like how Ralph calls Jack "Merridew" when he's angry. They're BOTH hiding their feelings, yes? Forgive me if I tend to read in too deep, but Jack/Ralph is my favourite pairing. EVER.

Chapter 2: 0.o Roger SCARES me. It's really very plausible for him to be under the sway of the Lord of the Flies. As always, the writing is great. Jack is so cute when he was bawling out the hunters for not helping Ralph! And they really don't have much idea about what's going on with Roger, but Simon does and they seem kind of like opposing forces trying to "win". More abstract than anything.

Chapter 3: Ooh, Ralph had a premonition! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN! I demand that you tell me! Would have thought that Simon would be more the one for premonitions though... Anyway. I love the encounter with Simon and Roger in the forest. Wonderfully sinister. Does Simon die and "fall"? Or are you going to change that part? OK, sorry, I shouldn't be asking for spoilers, but this story is SO GOOD! Must update, must update, must update...

Chapter 4: NO, Jack, you are going about the wrong way in impressing Ralph! *grabs mind-control remote thingy* I COMMAND YOU TO STOP HUNTING AND CONCENTRATE ON RALPHIE-KINS! Sorry. My fanaticsm (sp?) for Jack/Ralph took over there... Ahem.

Chapter 5: Phew, Ralph's still alive! But you know, I think that the part of Ralph in the 1990 version is hardly a LOTF part. They BUTCHERED the plot. Sorry to anyone who reads this and likes the 1990 version. I am somewhat of a 1990-version hater. Anyway, I didn't have to suffer the EVIL CLIFFIE at the end of the last chapter! Yay! But Jack's pain is palpable. He can't handle it and so he lashes out at all and sundry. I do want to see more of Roger though, he's portrayed so well in this fic.

OK, that's it! Without a doubt the longest review I have ever written. I don't know when you'll get this-there's something freaky with the fanfiction bot and it sent me the reviews for my LOTF story about a month late. Oh well. Keep writing! I hope to see the next chapter up soon!
Escape-from-Reality chapter 5 . 8/29/2006
I love it! Your entire story so far has the perfect amount of fluff. It's one of the best lord of the flies story I've read so far. Please update!
Ana chapter 5 . 6/18/2006
Hey, this is fantastic! Please, please, please update soon! I'm dying to know what happens next!
TomiSama04 chapter 5 . 3/29/2006
I heart this story! I like how you make Jack... Like on the brink of savagery, and able to go back and forth like that.

And I like the way Simon and Roger are too.

I just like the whole thing!
The Mad Empty Shell chapter 5 . 3/29/2006
Pheew! ralphie didnt die :) it'd be better if you put more simon/roger :D and MAYBE make Piggy a bit... desired, not too nasty :P