Reviews for Draco's Boy
joyfullyme16 chapter 31 . 9/29/2016
This story continually broke my heart and made me weep. Wonderful job :)
jakha290 chapter 31 . 8/25/2016
This was the first non magic au I've read, and it was absolutely incredible. I couldn't put it down. I thought it would be difficult not expecting magic, but you were fantastic in creating this beautiful story.
F.Delgado chapter 25 . 8/23/2016
Where can I read that scene? I love your story
Marri chapter 1 . 8/17/2016
Amazing ! Really cute and well written 3
avidreader chapter 25 . 7/28/2016
for that major cut scene, you could post on ao3 or lj or some other fanfic site if it is necessary, or you could edit it and leave out the "scene cut - mature content" and just make it implicit that sex leaving it seems unfinished.
Beeswax chapter 31 . 6/23/2016
You know that feeling of heartache when you finish something you really love? Well, I'm experiencing that right now. I truly loved this story and I will always remember it. You are a remarkable writer and I hope you continue to write beautiful stories.
Beeswax chapter 25 . 6/23/2016
I was looking forward to that "mature content" just so you know
Gamma chapter 31 . 6/7/2016
I'm glad I found this story, though there was some unbearably embarrassing moments I'm happy to say I got through it all. I'm not going to lie, when I got to the part where Pammy was all over Harry I loudly proclaimed to my empty bed room "Pammy you filthy whore!"
penelope penrod chapter 31 . 5/31/2016
I'm gasping after reading this, my chest feels compressed with the scent of night blooming moon flowers and the unruly jasmine. Mr. Snape instructing Mr. Potter that it was fine to choose a shrub that wasn't perfect ~ one that had not received the attention and care it needed, that it could be nurtured back to full beauty again, was lovely beyond words. I am so impressed with how carefully and delicately this story was grown from a tangle of poisonous thorny weeds (for the imprisoned little lion) into something lovely, magical even. It seems as though Harry's real life sprung up from the ashes, like a phoenix, with a loving hand up from the Malfoys ( Mr. Snape). The soul-sucking fiends of Magnolia Crescent gave way to a newly formed family, a supportive family with H.P. in it, a boy named Draco, and two loving adults. The romantic love that unfurls between the two lovers is breathtakingly tender! The promises from Narcissa and Severus to never turn their backs on Harry again, to never allow him to feel worthless for a moment more. And he will be seen. No more lies. He can't hide his light or run back to that cupboard again, he will never be "BOY" in anyone's eyes... This is fabulous, i'll never forget it and i'll always be grateful this author shared this with me. Oh and thank you so much for showing us the Severus Snape that we all wanted to see. In the written original version, had someone (say Lily's family) held their hand out to Sev, would he only have dreams to sustain him for his whole life? Thank you so much for this!
savemyunicornclarence chapter 31 . 5/29/2016
You've killed me. All the fighting between Draco and Harry made me almost cry. I knew they weren't going to break up, but it still was a fear that one of them would say something irreparable in the heat of the moment. It's 1 AM, and I am tired, so this will be short. I love it. I really love how everything worked out. Really it was amazing. Drarry is my OTP, and they're a beautiful ship. I love how imperfect they are. And was that a little Severus x Narcissa action I was seeing? That made me so happy. Love this fic a lot.
savemyunicornclarence chapter 14 . 5/29/2016
Alright before I forget all the brilliant things and continue to find new treasures :) I am going to write a comment. I usually write a comment on the last chapter, but this is just too perfect to not let this pass. Let me just say this is flawless. I am absolutely enraptured with the story. I am hesitant about non-magic AUs, because sometimes they are just ... barely passable? I am trying to be kind, but yours, Draco's Boy, is perfect, unlimited in the perfection in its words.

I am surprised at the IC of everyone. Were you the one (I have read so many fanfictions, I get things mixed up) that said this was OOC and it was necessary? I believe that OOC is necessary in a lot of fanfictions, but this is still IC despite the non-magic. Draco is a spoiled brat, but since we never really seen him as a young child, it can still be said to be IC (extrapolations). And then he is so in love with life, and I love how his child-like enthusiasm shines through the words. I was caught up in his adventures with Harry.

Harry himself ... you made me cry a couple of times. I really love how shy he was. It was adorable, but since it born through abuse, it was not good at the same time. But even then, you could tell he was a child. Despite the harshness he already knew, he had that childlike innocence that stuck to him for his years of being a friend to Draco. I believe that Draco was what saved him, those years of being best friends and going on adventures, gave Harry the belief later on that life is not entirely hopeless. I really love how Draco described Harry as his little lion. It amazes me how well some writers can intricately weave together AU and canon. I really love, even though it scared me, of Draco and Harry first fighting. Severus was right, it was an important milestone in their relationship. Draco couldn't always be the leader, and Harry couldn't always passively follow, because Harry isn't that kind of guy. He will follow to a certain point, where then he would get fed up with it. He said his mind, and Draco said his mind. I really loved how Draco really tried to make Harry comfortable after he found out he was sick.

This leads me to Severus. I laughed many times because his little personal speech quirks were spot on. The big words and the obsession for perfection and the backhanded insults. I love it. I absolutely adore Severus, and I really love how you wrote him in. Everything was so seamless. The flow of time as well as the transitions from scene to scene (I have trouble with transitions, and making them sound flawless and casual). Severus was amazing. I have to give it to him. Magical or not, he is an intimidating person. I really love how you made him a botanist. It wasn't a chemist (similar to potions), but the botany was perfect. I really love the description of flowers, and how he was prim in the way that he referenced them with their Latin names.

Narcissa was perfect. She was a mother who strove to protect her child in whatever means possible. This shown through in Draco's Boy, because despite the repercussions she protected Draco by sending him to boarding school. I, as well, think it is so true that people, even with knowledge of it happening, would rather ignore any signs of abuse because it is convenient. It is a messy, sad situation and I want to cry for anyone who has ever been in an abusive relationship. I wish it never existed, but you could say, if you think optimistically and think years later, it will make a person stronger. Whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger, right? In canon, the physical neglect affected Harry. Anyways, on with Narcissa, I think she was amazing. I love her. She is a beautiful woman, and I love how kind she was, but she was also scared of interfering with serious issues. Every flaw you've written in Draco's Boy made the characters all the more human, and it is amazing.

I love this fic, and I am definitely recommending it to my friend. She isn't a fan of anything that strays too far from canon, but I think this is work the time to read, especially when it is completed. There are too many brilliant fics of Draco and Harry meeting before Hogwarts/school but aren't completed.
LiteratureGirl12 chapter 2 . 5/8/2016
Awww :') so sweet, made me cry a little bit. Though it's easy to make me cry. I'm a softie. Great story so far!
thepainlesstruth chapter 31 . 4/22/2016
not quite sure how works bc ao3 is my domain but i just had to comment and say that you and this fic deserve all the kudos in the world. your writing is so beautiful and just the kind of coming-of-age story i was looking for. i even teared up a bit in the beginning...especially when narcissa turned a blind eye to young harry's desperate situation. true slytherin blood right there. and i love severus ! i always wished severus and harry had a chance to reconcile in the actual books and i think their relationship was perfectly dynamic in this one-just the right mix of love and sarcasm and overall snape-ness. anyways sorry for the long comment out of nowhere but i just wanted to let you know that i really loved Draco's Boy((((((((: have a nice day(:
wildtrance chapter 25 . 4/15/2016
Damn you for editing that out.
Guest chapter 27 . 3/27/2016
I don't even know if you'll see this. but Harry's angst in this chapter is so ...ungh.

Not happy about the cut smut scene
3,792 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »