Reviews for The Light in the Upstairs Window
BuggyNess chapter 9 . 12/7/2014
Just lovely! I love that Winry was so bold and instrumental in rescuing Ed.
AmiiceeLokei chapter 9 . 7/10/2011
Very nice story! I liked how you made Ed vulnerable (although he sure is sexy not ;) ) It shows that even he can learn to be helped instead of helping. Very nice story :)
Likeagoodnyehbor chapter 4 . 6/24/2011
wow. this story was amazing! i usually dont like lemony stuff in an edwin fanfic, but the way you write it was fantastic. it's sad, but you don't see a lot of good edwin stories. thank you for blessing us with this masterpiece!
LightMyBulb chapter 6 . 5/18/2011
Sweeney Todd! XD
Hellocloser chapter 9 . 4/16/2011
I just wanted to let you know how brill I thought this story was *_*

Very well thought out plot with believable characters. I really liked how you threw in Sabrin as the third villain, it was a great plot twist and very well hidden.

Also, the meat pies thing was.. a 'nice' little piece of the plot. The second she said "we couldnt just cut them up anymore" I thought 'Oh god, the pies.' I will never eat a meat pie again.
Yuuki Hikari chapter 9 . 8/22/2010
I really like how you ended that - Ed acknowledging that if things were different, his relationships with the people around him (ie: Winry) would be different. But, as it stands, he feels most comfortable with himself as their protector (when he doesn't need maintenance lol). I think that's very Ed for that point in his life :)
Yuuki Hikari chapter 7 . 8/19/2010
I forgot to mention last that I like the idea of the villain trio searching for the white stone as opposed to red stones. Glad they got Ed out! Now, his brain needs to stop swelling and stomach has to settle... Winry's too (people pies lol).
Yuuki Hikari chapter 6 . 8/19/2010
... oh yummy. People pies... mmm!

Poor Ed. Poor Ed's AutoMail. Winry's going to rage about that when she catches up to Ed.
Yuuki Hikari chapter 3 . 8/12/2010
Living in a land of snow and ice, I feel Ed's pain with the snow (though, not quite as annoying as AutoMail pain). Damn, 60cm is a mean snowfall lol.

Everytime I read Halia referred to as "Endymion" I giggle and think of Sailor Moon. It's amusing. I do like her character.
Yuuki Hikari chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Following some rec's on LJ, I've come across this :). I'm just on chapter 1, but I'm enjoying it so far. I giggled madly at Ed's explination to little Winry about the difference between boys and girls, and her reaction. Poor Winry XD. I hope to get a chance to read more soon!
Orange Singer chapter 9 . 10/10/2008
This is awesome! Wow, I can't believe how many stories you have written! Anyway, this was great. I loved the stolen kisses. The whole plot was awesome, too! Right when she said that chopping the people wasn't working, I immediately thought, "Oh no. Not the pies." Great job!
TerraCottaKitten chapter 9 . 2/27/2008
... Just so you know, between what you've written and seeing Sweeney Todd, well, I think it's safe to say that I will NEVER eat a meat pie again, NEVER!

But excellent story, It was so very entertaining... in a demented, disturbing sort of way, but, really that's the only way for a horror story to be told, and you got it down PERFECTLY! I loved Ed and Winry's growing relationship, they were very in character. And yeah, Ed's a bit of an idiot when it comes to 'playing-the-hero', but that just makes him even more of a sweetie pie (eww... no more pies please... :)

Thanks so much for writing this, it's given me a couple hours of excitement to chew on (I need to stop doing that... seriously)! And never stop writing these wonderful stories of yours!
Annethy chapter 9 . 2/25/2007
wow. that was great! i wanna see what happens next!
Lychee Green Tea chapter 9 . 1/10/2007
wow, that was excellently written! well done! i didnt find anything wrong with spelling or grammar, and the story line is amazing! i loved this a lot!

-sigh- so much like ed to just run off like that thinking he could fight sabrin by himself, although i really do see where he came from when he did that. he cares way too much about al and winry to let them do anything dangerous. you kept all the characters IC and i loved it. although you made winry seem a bit more concerned about the automail than ed. i dunno, but i think winry would be more concerned about ed's safety and would actually be willing to sacrafice some metal limbs if it kept ed alive, and in the story she kept rambling on about the automail when ed was hurt badly, but thats just how i look at winry. a lot of different opinions can be made on her character as to what length she's willing to go to for her prescious automail lol.

anyways, great job! i absolutely loved it!

PS: did you get the "no man is an island" line from 'About a Boy'? the line was strangely familiar and i just thought of that movie lol.
LorelaiRaye chapter 9 . 9/18/2006
this story was amazing. i really like how it was like reading an actual novel. and the villain was very hateable. i think you should and very much want you to write a sequal, and go into the ed/winry relationship. even if you do feel like it.. this was an amazing story and its very capable of standing on its own.