Reviews for To Be Human
open hearts catch dreams chapter 28 . 1/24
This story has been a really fascinating read. The pacing is just right, with just the right amount of attention on side characters to really make it feel like a full cast story, without taking away from the central players. The story really moves through a journey, which you don't always get. Earlier chapters in Shigure's house feel like a memory compared to the later chapters, locked in the Sohma estate, and that kind of disonance works really well with the tone of the story as a whole. Really nicely done.

Its really too rare that I find good Furuba fiction, and this is one of them. I love that you have a story that can explore the romances whilst not flooding the reader with them (especially since this is true to who they are, for the most part - many fics are far too sacharine and out of character for me). I kind of would have liked to see more of Rin and Haru, and Momiji, but that said, I appreciate they're really not as relevant for the story so their appearances are fewer. Kureno seems to be playing a villainous part, which is definitely interesting, and your version of Akito is so deranged - its a great read.

Then lastly, I started reading for the 'Kyo stuckin Monster form' thing. That's really nicely handled; Kyo dealing with it, but also Akito's manipulation of it and the in depth exploration of that form on Kyo as a person, not just the impact on his relationship with Tohru. Its more of a character focus, and I love that. But now I'm really invested in the idea of the Juunishi bonds reallocating themselves to Tohru, because they were misused. That fascinates me. I've not seen it in fanfics before, so I love the originality, and the way you've had it as a staggered progression; its amazing that Shigure was the first to cross, and I love seeing which of them cross in what order - its not always what I expect, which is nice.

So now I'm really just devastated that I read all this in one sitting and its not actually finished. I didn't realise when I first found it that it wasn't complete, so...wow, yeah, I'm sad. And given its over 10 years old, I don't know if you're still writing it at all (or even if you're still picking up reviews). But if you are; I loved this, and I really would like to see how it all ends - I hope you still have the inspiration to finish it one day. And if not, maybe you can just give me some spoilers on how you imagined it wrapping up? :))

Lovely, unique, well written, well characterised story. Thank you for sharing it. I hope one day it gets and ending :)
FairyTail2.0 chapter 28 . 1/10
PLEASE UPDATE. THIS IS THE BEST FANFICTION FOR FRUITS BASKET I HAVE EVER SEEN. I LOVE IT. IT GETS THE CHARACTERS PERFECTLY, THE WAY IT IS WRITTEN I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TELL IT DIFFERENT THAN THE MANGA.
Ahem, I got excited :)
IMakeTheMonsters chapter 28 . 9/19/2015
holy crap this is frickin amazing. I just binge-read all 28 chapters. and it says you haven't updated in 4 years? if you're still on this site, PLEASE FINISH! I NEED to know what happened!
ikigaiyugen chapter 28 . 8/13/2015
I just finished the 28th chapter. I wanted to say how amazing this was ;A; I really enjoyed reading it, and I really wish it had been updated. This was REALLY well written, and yeah. 3 This honestly has to be the best KyoRu fanfic I've ever read.
Trigzl chapter 28 . 7/29/2015
I'm just going to join all the other reviews in crying over this story not being finished. Literally, my heart is hurting. But besides that, I actually knew it wasn't complete when I started reading it, and I decided to read it anyway, even though I knew that it probably never would be. I read all 28 chapters, knowing I wouldn't get an ending; because it was just written so well and I loved it. It takes a lot for me to read stories longer than 5 chapters, but you made it worth while every second.
The writing of this story was beautiful, and I love how you pulled the details from that manga to give the story life. I really feel that this captured the feel of Fruits Basket perfectly, and I am glad I read it, even though I don't know how it ends.
I don't know the reason you stopped this story, but I hope you're reading this and know that we would all love you to finish it at some point. Have a beautifully wonderful day. -Trigzl
Guest chapter 28 . 7/28/2015
where is the rest of it? *cries* this is by far the best fanfic i have ever read, and...and ...where is the rest of it? I know you have a life besides making the viewers happy, but please when you have time...please finish this.
ikigaiyugen chapter 4 . 7/18/2015
I've only read 3 chapters and this is so amazing. ;A; I know this is 2015 and the author will probably never read this (I was little when this was written; I was born the year the anime came out lol 3) but I really love this so far and the story is great. I'm going to camp tomorrow (wait today actually it's 3am XD). But, yeah. This has a great story and I ramble and ship KyoRu. Well done, person who wrote this. I am crying. But I love this so 3
EruditeIntelligence9525 chapter 28 . 7/16/2015
This is such a great story and it would be a shame and saddening to see it never get finished. I am looking forward excitedly to a new chapter getting posted. I hope that you still feel the drive to finish this story, if not for you, then for all of the loyal readers that stuck through it in the beginning and waiting to see this awesome story get finished. I for one will be waiting intently for the next chapters of this story. :D
MagicianInTheMirror chapter 28 . 4/7/2015
Even though it's been a while since you've updated. Ifelt like I should show my appriciation for this story. I love it! It's one of the best stories I've read in a while. Just thought you'd might like to know that :3
killbyinches chapter 1 . 3/31/2015
I know it has been a long time since you've added to this story, but there are still some of us here excited about another chapter and patiently waiting for it :) Hope inspiration and/or free time or whatever helps you get the next chapter out will come soon to you. Always a pleasure reading your work!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
it's been a long time since you posted on the story... And it sounded like you have this completely written... Is there more? It's almost at its climax, it would be a shame for it to fall to the wayside.
PersonMan chapter 1 . 11/19/2014
Hi LOVE your story... No rush but it's been two years and I know this is begging but, PLEASE update!
onceuponaprincess16 chapter 28 . 6/18/2014
I don't know if you're still writing this story, but it really good and I can't wait for the ending! XD
Guest chapter 28 . 3/28/2014