Reviews for Growing Pains
Tafkae chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
This is excellent! I seriously couldn't tell you hadn't played KHII yet until I saw the note at the end. I especially like your insights into Riku. Great work!
tami3 chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
I am completely floored by this fic. I thought I'd NEVER again read a Kingdom Hearts fic I could take seriously, but I am, frankly, amazed. With this short piece you have proven yourself to be one of the best writers I've seen in a long time. I love all the characters for how they are portrayed, and can acutally sympthesize for their experiences. I'm also very happy to see that you actually know how to develop your writing, and that you have a definite style. There's a part I love, where Riku is anxious over becoming more and more like Ansem, but finds a very simple, yet poignant solution. The conclusion:"He won" works on multiple levels. As in:he won against his inner struggle. He relived something that was true to his own self: beating Sora in a race. He was able to relax and see things simply again.

you used realistic scenarios, and stuck to canon, which prevented it from being overly dramatic. But you were still able to delve into the characters and let them struggle and overcome with a certain quiet dignity. This is one of the best fics I've read in a while.
kingdom219 chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
great story!
Lance Murdock chapter 1 . 12/27/2005
Very good. Love the way it's written, and how you describe everything.