Reviews for Ginevra
lavvii chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
aww that was sooo sweet!
truthsetfree chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
A very interesting one-shot. Was Molly's mother a Ravenclaw? Was she a Healer? I'm glad Arthur wasn't left to his own devices in naming the baby. Charlotte!

One thing that could make it stronger:

"Personally, this being your seventh child, that you would be more used to giving birth by now," is a fragment of a sentence.
Cuban Sombrero Gal chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
Aw ... such feeling and emotion.

god i say aww too much these days. lol. Um, it's a great reason for them to pick the name, and I like Molly's stressfulness (is that a word? lol)

cuba
TheSatinAngel chapter 1 . 4/15/2006
Aww. This is cute! I especially love when we learn that Mrs. Prewitt's name is Ginerva. Excellent job. Keep it up!
rotclady chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
That was cute. At first I was like "Wait...wasn't Ginny born after Harry?" but then I remembered that Harry killed (sorta) Voldemort when he was a little over one year old...i think.
MidnightBlue88 chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
I liked the idea for this a lot. I had never even thought about Ginny being born around the same time that Harry's parents died, etc. Anyway, I thought it was a bit weird that Molly was shouting about the pain so much. I know she said it hurt worse every time, but I think she might have been a bit more composed since she's at least used to it.

There were a few things that I felt could have been cleaned up, like this: "The figure outside the door in the hallway knocked." First of all, they don't see Arthur yet, so it wouldn't be a 'figure' (a figure is an undefined shape). Also, you could say something like: "The person in the hallway knocked loudly on the door." Because in your sentence, you can't really tell who's doing the knocking: the figure, the door, or the hallway. You also can't tell if the figure is in the hallway or if the door is in the hallway. I know what I just wrote doesn't make any sense, so I apologize if I just confused you more. :)

My only other critique is that the dialogue seemed a bit off. It wasn't bad, just a bit bland. Molly and Arthur's personalities didn't really shine through, you know? When I do dialogue for my stories, I play it in my head like a movie, then right it down the way I see it. I think it may help make the dialogue fit the characters better. Hope that helps you out. :)

Good one-shot. Again, I really like the idea. It's so refreshing to find someone writing something original in the HP fandom. I'll add you to my author alerts so I can read your next piece. Good luck, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to argue about my review. ;)