Reviews for My Disjointed Life
Fyrflame chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
im sorry i cant give a better review, but im laughing to damn hard for anything to come to mind.
Creative Spark chapter 38 . 7/5/2009
I just... I'm speechless. I know a good fanfic when I see one and this just blew my mind. The writing was spectacular, the storyline flawless and to add to all that the symbolism and in depth characters... I truly have no idea what to write in this review cause literally, I'm speechless.

This has to arguably be one of the best, if not THE BEST FFVII fic I have read to date.

I also have to add that while I love happy endings, the fact that your story didn’t end all happy and ‘lovey-dovey’ makes it far more memorable and makes me want to *think* (damn you :P).

Props to you man on a job well done!

(HOPE I CAN WRITE LIKE YOU SOME DAY!)

-Spark
ObsidianDaydream chapter 38 . 6/27/2009
After reading the first chapter I found myself unable to stop until there was nothing left to read, this one of the best fics I've ever read without a doubt. The way you seamlessly mixed humour with well...everything else astounds me.

This story is just so good it leaves me speechless. All I can do is thank you for sharing this wonderful piece of work with us leeches.
Anymore chapter 38 . 6/12/2009
Wow! You have probably heard many people say this before (as shown in your epilogue - thank you for spelling that right, I hate it when people spell it like epilouge {it annoys me}-)this story really does open the doors to different thoughts.

I was really surprised with the way you portrayed Reno. I've read many stories in which a character suddenly jumps from being 'stupid' to being smart. Your jump actually made me believe that that (sorry about the two thats) situation could be realistic.

I don't particularly think that Yuffie is OOC, and even if she is, the way she portrayed fits in the general overview of the story.

I love how you draw parallels between the story and between the game. They are very symbolic of each character and help develop the story.

I'm sorry I am unable to give you an honest critique. I feel somewhat upset that I can't find anything to criticize you on (not that I think your story is bad or anything, I just want to be able to offer constructive criticism (it makes me feel happy inside).

The emotions you invoke throughout the entire story made me smile (and cry towards the end of the story). I have a little brother so I know that if what happened with Zack and Cloud's relationship ever happened to me, well . . . I really don't know what I'd do. The way you depict the relationship between the two is amazing - it makes me think that there are two people somewhere in the universe named Zack and Cloud who have a love/hate/shadow/indifferent relationship.

The most interesting part of the story though, to me is how you have Sephiroth born with a fatal weakness. It's a deviation of the norm, to me, because while Sephiroth has a weakness in the game, in most fanfictions he would never even think of taking steroids. Even so, this Sephiroth almost perfectly corresponds to the 'core' idea of Sephiroth (although I'm not exactly experienced in what this core idea is yet - I just have a general idea -)

Thank you for this story and keep writing more like it. I hope you liked my review, but if not, you can wipe it from your mind. Sorry about all the parentheses, brackets, and dashes, but I am crazy horrible with grammar. If I made any spelling mistakes, I apologize.

- Anymore
Lloyd Redgrave chapter 38 . 4/20/2009
I know it has been close to two years since this story was completed (and that I didn't stumble upon it until about a couple of weeks ago), but I figured: why not stick my input in? So, here goes...

When I first began to read this, my thoughts revolved more around how this was simply another good idea in a barrel of much of the same ideas; as I continued on, however, it became something much more than just a good idea.

To be honest, I found it difficult at times to read it. Not because of how long the chapters were or even how it was written: in fact, the length of the chapters suited my tastes, along with the style of writing.

It was because I found myself identifying more and more with the lead role - being the scrawny, 130 lb. author/3D game modeler/science buff that I am (even the scatter-brain thought pattern: it was like looking in a mirror for me :P ) - and the situational similarities that I drew from this had me zoning out in front of my laptop many times (especially the big game's aftermath: that brought back a very familiar and equally heart-wrenching moment to my mind).

Suffice to say, my eyes are a bit closer to being fully open. And I have your work to thank for it.

Cheers,

-Lloyd Redgrave
TheSuperBanana chapter 38 . 3/26/2009
Man, this is such a good story! and your going to pulish it? heck yes! is it still going to be called the same? is it out yet(considering this fics been done with for two years)?
jdtwins2009 chapter 38 . 3/5/2009
After any amazing story, I feel like I need to ante up how I have been doing things with my life. How needless things become, and how foolish I've been.

And... this story effected me in the same sense of me wanting to change myself as few other stories (and I'm not talking fanfiction) have.

Its a shame that Cloud never got a last chance to talk with Tifa, that could have been pretty dramatic...but probably would have changed the flow of things.

I've never had an interest in Final Fantasy...until now.

Anyways, this was one hell of a story. Thanks for sharing something so amazing!
18 and Life chapter 30 . 2/16/2009
I am loving this story so much! It's hilarious, and as a girl, even though I cant relate to it, almost all my friends are guys, and they're totally into FF7, and when I showed them this, they were like, "yeah, man. that's how it is."

And this last chapter...well...take this as a compliment, okay?

This was the first time I've actually audibly gasped while reading fanfic. I mean, Sephiroth shot himself...son of a...but it actually really worked with the plot.
blackhack chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
This is the greatest ff7 fic out there. I wrote probably one of my best essays last night after reading this story. All in all, i thought the plot was intricately well done. As well as the characters. This is a true testament to a work of art. You probably have no intentions of writing anything such as a sequel, but if you did, the response would be shocking. The last scene on which you wrote of Cloud knocking on Tifa's door brought tears to my eyes, because it was so reminiscent to me. I have had to say goodbye to a person i have loved, and it was probably one of the hardest things you can ever do in your life. To conclude, it really was one of my greatest pleasures reading through this story, and then getting an hour of sleep before classes started at school for me.

Cheers
ajaj chapter 38 . 1/16/2009
Fantastic story...definitely surpasses ordinary fanfiction and becomes a literary gem in its own right, the way you approached the themes and characterizations. Change around the names and maybe you can get published! and as many others have said, i'm sure, this story has definitely...well, changed my outlook is too strong, but something like it.

Thanks for your hard work!
18 and Life chapter 28 . 12/7/2008
I really love this story, and it cracks me up whenever I feel down, so thanks for writing it first off. Some of the things he says I just don't get cuz I'm a chick rofl, and these last few chapters practically made me cry! But it was still good. You know what's funny? (And I KNOW I'm blabbering) I was reading this chapter and listening to my iPod on shuffle, and the song 'Live Your Life' by Rihanna came on.
Superis chapter 1 . 10/10/2008
I don't think I've stopped laughing once.
BlackRoseMuffin chapter 38 . 8/31/2008
... Wow. Just, wow. This is an amazing story... I can't describe it in words. If I did, I'd probably be screaming random stuff such as, "OMIHOLYPANCAKE, THIS STORY ROX MY SOX!" or something. Yeah. ._.

Okay, this thing was SERIOUSLY awesome. I fav this. -fav's-
Territh chapter 1 . 7/25/2008
This is actually my second time reading through this story, and I have to say, I love it even more the second time. You have such a unique writing style, it's actually refreshing to have something new to read.

I can empathize with a lot of the things going on in the story, which made me like it even more, I've had a lot of similar experiences (especially with people like Reno, who ended up seriously surprising me), and I've had my own Sephiroth, though he didn't kill himself, he just kinda faded out of my life one day.

Both my best friend and I have read this story, and we'll find ourselves randomly quote it at times ("NOT LIKE THIS!"), and we've both read it multiple times. Give me a month or two for it to become vague again, and I'll read it a third time.

The only things I've noticed wrong with the story are that you'll occasionally forget a word or two in a sentence, and, very rarely, your sentence structure is a little awkward. Other than that, it was amazing.

Now I have to check out any other stories you've written, and I have to say, I'm glad I stumbled across this absolute gem of a fanfiction way back when. If you ever get this published, you have at least one person who is guaranteed to pick it up.

(Sorry about the long review, but I don't think you'll mind that much. I'm a writer myself, and I know how it feels to receive accolades for your work)
Fate-of-Maria chapter 3 . 7/17/2008
haha you've made cloud seem like lewis black
1,222 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »