Reviews for My Disjointed Life
Twinnet chapter 38 . 9/23/2010
There is honestly no words to describe how much I love this story. Cloud was just too funny! This was really amazing and fun to read. Definitely faving.
HELL'S APOCALYPSE chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
wow, that's new to me. great chapter.
Neptune Scar chapter 38 . 7/20/2010
This was amazing. Simply amazing. I'm not quite sure how else to describe it, so I'll just leave it at that. You've crafted a wonderful story with some really memorable characterizations. If I had to pick, I think my favourite "character" would have to be Cloud's conscience; he definitely produced some hilarious lines! Reno's also a favourite of mine, here, as well. I love how you contrasted his lackadaisical, carefree persona with a more serious and wise one; it's a very interesting contrast.

This fic was recommended to me, and I've heard great things about it, so I thought I'd finally sit down and give it a read. So glad that I did! Thank you so much for sharing this delightful story. It was nice reading something written from a male's POV; it's a nice, refreshing change. Thank you so much, again! Cheers.
Falynn chapter 37 . 7/14/2010
Wow...just wow.

(Heh, I noticed this fic was posted quite a while ago...wonder if you still check for reviews...but anywhoo...)

This read was revolutionary for me in so many ways.

The first 10 seconds of this fic, I had already judged it to be another lame-guy-scores-with-hot-chicks story. First of all, I have never read anything as profanity-ridden and it was my (rather ignorant) belief that cusses spring from the inferior of mind. Don't ask why, I was raised like that. And I also judged Cloud to be the most OOC Cloud I've ever read.

Now obviously, both of those first impressions have been proved wrong, and oh the irony that judging-a-book-by-its-cover would turn out to be one of the prevalent themes here (ZOMG RENO!)

The thing about unhappy/inconclusive endings is that it sticks around in your head...and I get the feeling that I won't be forgetting this fic anytime soon. Loved it, by the way (in case you haven't gathered). It's amazing, wonderfully written, planned, executed...it was so perfect that even I now sort-of-care for football, steroids, and college-fics.

And Cloud's such an asshole, but you made the story work. In fact, it made sense (totally not what I expected) probably cuz it was written from the heart. Oh, and the character development is phenomenal (again, really didn't see that one coming judging by the first chapter).

By the way, springing a CloudxAerith on me? You sneaky bastard... Speaking of which, I loved the guy's perspective. It actually brought insight into my conversation with this guy who I thought was completely wack cuz he kept swinging from shy to jock to asshole and then nice guy.

And shout-out to Evil Cloud (who reminds me of Inner Sakura, but 10x as awesome). Somehow, I see why Cloud had to leave Tifa (but it’s still a Cloti right? Right?). Did I mention that I was a diehard Cloti until I read this? Your story’s beyond amazing…it really is :D
Falynn chapter 4 . 7/13/2010
I reaally like how Cloud's a total geek, loser, and a cool guy all at the same time. It's so hilarious and OOC. Or maybe not. Take out the horniness and alternate personality and I think we got canon. Maybe just minus the horniness (is that even a word?) since nobody knows what goes on in his head anyway. Hopefully he'll stop looking at Tifa like a piece of hot property sometime soon, and more like a person. But I like his POV. Very very refreshing. It's so insanely biased that I wonder what Tifa's POV is...
Patcheresu chapter 37 . 7/8/2010
I can honestly say I wasn't expecting that. But all and all it was a great story with its twists and and turns. You have done a marvelous job with this and its a shame I haven't heard of this earlier. This story shows a hidden talent of yours of writing. I can truly imagine you also as Cloud's persona who won't admit him as a carrier until he mans up. No one could ever see this and the fact that you somehow followed the true endings of Final Fantasy VII to an extent is perfectly alligned. Think about it. Cloud leaves across the world on a journey leaving all his friends, family, and love interests behind like a dick. And Tifa goes hunting.
Patcheresu chapter 20 . 7/7/2010
I really love all the work with this story and it has been a great honor to read such material. I still haven't finished reading but I am planning to do such.
LoveableDimples16 chapter 38 . 6/9/2010
You are amazing. Seriously.

I was looking around on a site called Tv Tropes and they recommended this fic. I was bored so I thought: Why not?

I can honestly say with no doubt in my mind that this is the best fic I've ever read. Just about everything about it, I adore. How you've written the characters, how you've actually written the story (Evil Cloud is awesome xD) and how the mood changes as well, this story got some real emotion out of me. Not many fics can do that. Especially to me.

Absolutely amazing story.

Thank you so much for writing this :)
Sure chapter 32 . 5/1/2010
Sum 41?
7th-HartStrife-duh chapter 12 . 3/25/2010
Heyo! I kno it's been a long time since your wrote this story but i'm reviewing anyways ! And I admit I do talk on the phone like that to my friends but non important stuff is always the best to talk about and I HATE overly nice people it's like they do it on purpose to bug all the sane people ! Nd I study like cloud I waste my time doing pointless crap... And anyways your story is really good and I'm a leech :)
halleftw chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Hey man. I know this is a few years after the fact but whatever. I have to give you props for writing one of the most entertaining, profound, and gripping fan fics I've ever read.

What sets it apart from many other fics (to me) is the writing style. So much fan fiction I've read - even the good ones - tend to be heavily descriptive, emotional, and dull at times. You brilliantly avoid this by narrating the story entirely from Cloud's point of view, with wacky, hilarious, and (eventually) touching results. Kudos.

Also, as a fan of the game, I LOVED all the little references you managed to sneak in, from chocobos to Tifa's sexy blue dress.

Finally, the characterization was spot on. I especially loved how you set up the Tifa, Cloud, and Aeris love triangle. First of all, it was completely plausible, secondly, the characters all acted like they did in the game (Cloud - clueless and helpless but still in love with Tifa, Aeris - outgoing and playful, Tifa - loved Cloud but circumstances made it hard for them to ever really come together). It was also fun to go through the story and find lots of the characters reinterpreted as students, professors, and even mascots. (Side note: I had a dog named Red who recently died (insert frowny emoticon here). Your Red mascot in the story was so similar to my Red - I almost cried. It was so random yet uplifting to read a description of a dog that was so similar to mine, who I cared about so much. Completely non-intentional on your part, but thanks for that. Really.)

As far as suggestions... other than a few misplaced words, misspellings, and a few awkward sentences, I don't have much to offer. Keep writing!
squigglywiggly chapter 14 . 2/7/2010
I LOVE YOU,SERIOUSLY.

when i read the summary, i thought it was gonna be one of those typical not-so-well-written high school crap...but this is seriously funny! you have a real natural,humorous way of writing...keep it up
snik chapter 38 . 12/21/2009
Great story man, but argfgfdgfgsdfds

fucking cloud and his emoness, leaving Tifa just like that!

D
KrossWinter chapter 38 . 11/26/2009
I read this fic once a couple years ago, and I've spent a year trying to find it again. I loved the way it flowed and tied together, the humor and sacrifice in it, and the way you characterized the people.

A truly well done fic that I find suitable for any reader.

Congradulations on writing such a masterpiece.

Thank you.
Aron chapter 38 . 11/20/2009
Wow. Just wow.

This has to be one of, if not the best first-person fics I've ever read. You deserve a medal for this.

Congratulations on making such a great story.
1,136 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »