Reviews for Mel Sees the Light
chat noire chapter 10 . 4/11/2013
Oh my God, finish it! You can't just end this now! Not after a small cliffy like that! Plus you're nearly done anyways, you said that the next chapter is halfway through! Please just post that last chapter!
Erisabeisuu chapter 10 . 1/1/2012
Gah! Comeo n who was it who was it who was it? I'm dying to know here. Please update soon!

On another note I loe this story and the plot twists are great.
Kirrae chapter 10 . 7/28/2011
Such a shame to end it here, but regardless, it's fantastic work. Adds some nuance to the original plot-line while staying very true to the original. Makes for very interesting reading.

- Kirrae
b-but chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
But this isnt 'sherwood smith' which I know nothing about. This is crown and court duet, which I love. Whats going on...?
LunaSphere chapter 10 . 3/26/2009
It is a shame you didn't finish this (I'm really curious who the speaker of that last statement is), but nonetheless, I've enjoyed reading this-thanks for a wonderful fic.
LunaSphere chapter 9 . 3/26/2009
This has been an enjoyable ride, an interesting intervention in canon that you've carried through thoughtfully and convincingly although I'm not quite sure what was gained by such an intervention, it was certainly enjoyable to read!
LunaSphere chapter 8 . 3/26/2009
Another compelling chapter-although Meliara's touching the ring and thinking of Shevraeth had me wondering since she has no reason to suspect it's from him.
LunaSphere chapter 7 . 3/26/2009
That action-filled scene really reminded me a lot of Crown Duel and you certainly have me wondering about the empty room! Is it not actually vidanric?
LunaSphere chapter 6 . 3/26/2009
Ah, it was surprising the way you moved up the revelation about Meliara's mother, but it fit really well with the logic of this AU.
LunaSphere chapter 5 . 3/26/2009
Ah, drat Russav and his meddling! He just doesn't seem to get it, first by letting Meliara win in that spar in the tourney and now by revealing what he knows...you'd think he was *trying* to make things harder!
LunaSphere chapter 4 . 3/26/2009
Ah, the embarrassing encounter with Vidanric and Russav was very much in keeping with canon, and I could not stop laughing over Russav's teasing: "Were he to send you anything but white roses, I might be alarmed."
LunaSphere chapter 3 . 3/26/2009
Ah, poor Meliara, with all those fencing expectations! But the revelation to the court was handled really well, particularly that very typically Vidanric response to Meliara's assertion that he was the one who did the deed (and Bran's characteristic befuddlement!)

I love how political concerns are at the heart of your plot. I acn't wait to read more!
LunaSphere chapter 2 . 3/26/2009
Ah, your Meliara voice is *still* perfect and awesome. This is truly an enjoyable fic.
LunaSphere chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
This is remarkably well written-you convey Meliara's thoughts and motivations in a convincing way and the dialogue between her and Vidanric is perfect.

To be frank, I hadn't read this fic before because the title makes it sound much more juvenile than the actual content.
Elelith chapter 4 . 9/21/2008