Reviews for On Warriors and Darkness
Kalisona chapter 15 . 3/10/2007
Amazing! Amazing, amazing, amazing! What a beuatiful, touching piece of work! Thank you so many times for writing this; it isn't often I find something as good as this. You really provide insights into the characters' thoughts and emotions! ...Do you think that you could do Glorfindel? He's got an interesting past...Just a thought...*looks hopeful*

Anyway, fantastic stories!

Kali
rosybell chapter 1 . 9/10/2006
Blood-thirsty Legolas! I don't like this version...it's more like how I might imagine one of the twins (it's reasonable!). But not Legolas...did the orcs kill his mother...but usually there's a reason for it. Vengeance, maybe...but that's just me, wanting to know the reason for everything...(But, nice way to describe the ruthless killer, now I feel like flowing up!)

-Navaer,

Rose
steelelf chapter 7 . 7/23/2006
I love this... sigh. Great!
OBSESSEDWITHLOTR chapter 15 . 7/23/2006
Um...nice to a point. But Legolas is OOC. (out of character) He would never show his fear, even to the twins, let alone his emotions in front of so many. He also did NOT fear the dead or the Dimalt road. this makes him look weak. ok, I'll get off my box now...

Very well written as always. Nice effort. And anger leads to fear, fear leads to hate and hate leads to suffering...May the Force be with you...

smiles

Nieriel Raina chapter 14 . 7/1/2006
sniff sniff...well done. Like it lots.

so...when do we get more Glorfi? :-) Keep up the outstanding job you always do.

later

NiRi

And no...I have not abandoned my writing, my computer died and all my stories are on it. I should have it back soon and then we'll have an update on Shocks in Erebor!
Nieriel Raina chapter 13 . 6/10/2006
Great job I am trying to adjust to my new laptop! So sorry for any errors in spelling.

This was a great chapter. What a great idea to include Arwen. I like it. I feel bad for her though as she still doesn't understand here the bitterness of her choice that comes later. You captured her perfectly. It might be interesttng to see how her POV changes after Este's death.

Keep up the good work & I was glad to see you post somethign. Wow..DVD ROTK is distracting when you are trying to type.

MORE. Who's next? Have you done one of the hobbits yet?

NIRI
aaron chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
Finally, a great interpertation of the many haraters we love, and some we hardly ever knew! Kepp up the great work- Bill the pony is the best. Next chapter, do the secert history of unimportant charaters! One complaint: what da heck is the differnce between an ellon and elleth? LOL!
Nieriel Raina chapter 12 . 5/31/2006
That was wonderful...*wipes a tear from the eye* I was kidding, but you did a great job. That is one of the best depictions of Bill I've read. I forgot about them finding him that way in Bree. Go you!

Keep it up. Can't wait for more. Have I told you enough how much I loved the Glorfi fic? sigh...how do I go from ponies to blond elven warriors?

Nieriel Raina chapter 11 . 5/29/2006
Go you! Just nail Thranduil why don't cha? Though, again I could lecture as I received such a lecture on how Legolas's mother was understood to be at home knitting...blah blah...don't you hate those people?

I love this! I love the wife died scene. It makes for great emotion, which is why PJ killed Haldir at Helm's Deep and had Aragorn go off a cliff. It makes it seem more real.

Keep it up! Who's next?

Nieriel Raina chapter 10 . 5/27/2006
STANDS AND APPLAUDS LOUDLY WITH MUCH WHISTLING! Wonderfully done. I still love that the two argue about how their friendship started! AND I get a recogition too! YEA! Not that you really need help. Just take the time to reread and check for gramatical errors. I hate doing that, but alas the down side of being an author!

So, Who's next? Hmm? Sam? Pippin? Bill the pony? Ah...I know, Beregond! Pick up your copy of Return of the king near the coronation if you don't know who that is. I love the obscure characters.

Keep up the great job! That's one of your good points, if you don't get it right, you keep trying! Go You!

Nieriel Raina chapter 9 . 5/25/2006
Hm. Well, I guess I have to say it was a great effort, though not up to par with your other writing. Perhaps you rushed?

I'm sorry to say I really don't think you captured him well. (don't take it personally...you've captured so many right on, you're bound to miss a couple!) Some of him but well, I really did not like the last paragraph.

A man who needs a woman to beat him into submission is a weak man. I do not believe Eomer could be tamed, gentled maybe. And he was the type of man who would cherish his wife.

Eomer is a magnificent man, not ever expecting or wanting to be king, but becoming a great one just the same. His love for Rohan was what drove him, and yes, his love for Eowyn. But as we saw, Eowyn did not need much protecting. I just don't FEEL Eomer, here...sorry. but again, great effort.

Keep writing, practice makes perfect!

Nieriel Raina chapter 8 . 5/24/2006
*NiRi dances around the room in delight!* Wow! You did it. And what a job! I love it! I knew you could write this one well! Wow! I'll say it backwards...!woW Very impressive!

yes...you had best tread VERY carefully when speaking of MY dwarf...

I will help you out writing him though. You need to read several of Thundera Tigers shorts. It will help you get into the dwarf's head and see him as he really is. So many write him terribly! So..Thundera Tiger (are you writing that down?)...best would be

"Of Elves, Dwarves and Late Night Philosophy"

"Trivial Matters" gives a great insight on Legolas & Faramir.

'Land of Light and Shadows'WIP but great stuff there!

'New Year's Eve' all good but 1st chappy best

'Musings by Torchlight'and 'Reflections in the Dark' go together

'The Day Before' and 'The Day after' go together

Just go read EVERYTHING by Thundera...trust me, you MUST. Then writing the dwarf will be easier. That is where I fell in love with them both.

Again...standing ovation on the witch king! WooHoo go you!

Keep it up!

Nieriel Raina chapter 7 . 5/22/2006
Algebra? Ah, algebra...those were the days! So long ago...

WOW! Ok, you nailed it this time! Excellent...standing ovation! For Eowyn too. LOVE IT. Keep it up...and I still want to see MY DWARF! Come on, ya gotta do the dwarf.

White Stone chapter 5 . 5/22/2006
I really can't say much.. I am just so awed by your writing. Especially as I read about Faramir. About his fear, and he began to hate himself. When I read this I can see the character..
White Stone chapter 2 . 5/22/2006
I am mind-boggled as I read this. YOu get to the core, but I I don't think you wrote a lot about his love for Arwen. I find this description true, he is no hero, nor does he wish to be. and he doubts himself. You describe character very realistic, and it get me. right in the heart.

Amy