Reviews for A Little Learning
Duffy1 chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
I'm saving this to read later because I'm so deep into White Collar right now. However, I have loved Katherine Kurtz' Deryni series for years, especially the ones about Alaric and Duncan. Glad to find some stories to come back to. Very exciting.
Tia'RaHu chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
This is a beautifully written story with fantastic characterization. I wish there was more Deryni fanfic out there. Thank you for writing it.
Lady Razorsharp chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
Chilling, and yet very well done. Very very well written. My favorite line was, "Really Duncan, my confessors don't like it when I tell them these things. It upsets them." Ahaha, yes, so very Morgan.

Beautiful work. I too would like to pester Bro. Nathan with questions!

Maybe someday we could have a sequel, where we listen in on Duncan's session with the good brother? D
insignia chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
What a great story, and how well you sync in with KK's first writings. I have been waiting, no doubt with many others, for the Childe Morgan series, much written about, but it seems never quite available!

I thought that you captured excellently the relationship between young Alaric and Duncan. The way that you showed Duncan's increasing commitment to becoming a priest to be able to fight "evil" came through very well. Is this a stand-alone, or will there be more? If is is a stand-alone, it would be nice to see a companion interlude.

I find I enjoy the earlier KK works, although they are shorter, they are less boringly intricate. In the later ones I find her just that bit too fantastic, and I lose interest...

Thank you for sharing this work with others.
Andrea R chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
This is brilliant! You've thoroughly captured the "deryni" tone, but you also have the real, valid religiosity there, which I think is a lot trickier to get.

I loved how it came down to Duncan to be the "giver of grace" to Morgan, thus realizing his own vocation as a priest.
marym chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
wow... this is fantastic please continue the story. I am enjoying it very much.