Reviews for Evolving Tradition
SoleFaith chapter 1 . 4/12/2017
OkAy I'm in love with this story I gotta say but how dare you give me feelings and emotions I was prepared to laugh and I am like two seconds away from crying I love you and I love your Story but like I also hate you for giving me Mystery science theater feelings. But I thought you did really awesome with characterization and all that good stuff so 10/10 good job my good sir.
Major Monty the Straw Vulcan chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
No matter how many times I read this, I always cry at the end.
You sir, manage to capture so much humor and emotion in one story, and balance it perfectly as well.
Reading this is one of my Christmas traditions now.
So there's something to be proud about it
Shredderman38 chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
I FUCKING CRIED. YOU BEAUTIFUL MONSTER. IN THE NOT TOO DISTANT FUTURE, NEXT FEELS A.D.
pikaace chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
Oh God why couldn't the show have more moments like this? The bots are just like little kids! This was adorable! Makes me want Christmas to come early!
generalsleepy chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
Wow. I'm actually tearing up. That was beautiful. It fits the show so much and really punches you in the heart. Thank you for such amazing work. You are fantastic.
NoShayminTrying chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
OMG what. I found this story on accident, looking for MiSTings of fanfic, and it totally blew me away. (I didn't even know there *was* actual MST fanfic!) This is so wonderfully done. You capture the characters perfectly - their interaction, their evolution, everything - and the riffing on the poem is hilarious. I was giggling audibly through the whole thing, and totally melting from the fluff, and then OUCH at the end! The previous reviewer described it perfectly - a big ol' punch in the gut, but so beautifully executed. This fic was such a fantastic thing to stumble across. I think Google was sort of giving me a surprise Christmas present by sending me here instead of to a MiSTing page. Thanks so much for writing and posting this story - it's the perfect combination of hilarity, sweetness, and a word I can't quite find right now, but loosely translates to "bittersweet gutpunch that makes you wince and tear up and then want to go read the fic all over again."
BandGeek727 chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
I'M NOT CRYING
IT'S JUST RAINING ON MY FACE

Getting to the end of this story was like getting punched in the gut. AND I LOVED IT.

"And even though he had no way of knowing it, this was the first time they ever listened to the poem in silence."
That line elevated this story from a simple riff on a beloved Christmas poem to a deep look at these beloved characters. As tongue-in-cheek as the show always was, its fans do become deeply attached to the characters. Capturing the humor of the show and adding a dramatic, serious look to it is a fine line to walk, being sincere without being overbearing, and you captured it perfectly. EXACTLY what I was looking for from MST prose.
Bravissimo.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
funny, sweet, heartwarming. thanks.
AtmaWeapon1 chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
*sniffle* Nice, and kind of sad/bittersweet at the end.
roswellwbfan chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
Aww, really sweet! And the 'bots had some perfectly snarky remarks. Well done!
NordyGirl chapter 1 . 8/23/2006
HYSTERICAL!

I have a question, if you wrote a fic where it involved the MST cast watching an actual movie (example: Snakes on a Plane) would that be going against the rules?

Anyone who can answer my question, that would be great.
LoneTread chapter 1 . 2/25/2006
Aw, cute. *claps*
DarkStarShadow chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
Oh, what a good story! I laughed hysterically until the very end, and then I cried. It was a wonderful story. Thanks for writing it.