Reviews for Saisei
Kimmy Jinatsu chapter 3 . 3/28/2010
*shakes a fist in the air* You tell em Dryn! Hyne, if he's not JUST like Seifer, blood or not! I love this fic. Even though it's 4...wow...years old LOL I'm just getting around to reading it. There's so many! 3
Velkyn Karma chapter 5 . 12/14/2007
I do so love this fic.

I've never been a huge fan of shonen-ai pairings, and mostly because the pairings people favor just /don't make sense/. But this...this seems to make sense. Even if Seifer and Zell never get along in game, they seem a lot more mature and grown up in this now that years have passed, and I could see them getting over their childish bickering to actually becoming friends. Or more than friends.

Even more than the characterization, though, I love the realism to this story. It's not idealized, sickeningly sweet with romance, or dripping with angst. It's about people getting by. Something bad happens-wife leaves, lost a job, not enough cash to get by-all problems that people deal with in life. But they keep going, find a way around it, and manage to hold their family together.

What I also like is that the characters aren't glorified in their situations. Zell was a major player in winning a huge war-but he hasn't gotten farther than the manager of the produce section at the local grocery store job-wise, and he's no longer a mercenary. Seifer doesn't have it easy (being a widely hated figure wouldn't be easy, I'd imagine) and he's at the low end when it comes to jobs. Not glorified...very real. I think that's the most interesting part of this fic.

And while OC's normally drive me crazy, and everyone and their mother loves to give the FFVI gang kids, I can't help but love Dryn. He reminds me of one of my little brothers, so I can really envision how he acts. And the way he's rather innocently out of the loop for many things-like the consequences of using a GF-is adorable but also realistic.

Regulation of the other major characters is nicely done too. There are cameos-most noticably Irvine showing up-but it's not overdone. I'm rather curious to see if any others would show up in the future (especially with the hint mentioned somewhere, that Squall kicked Zell out of SeeD?) but I'm not too worried about it being cliche, at the same time. As for Irvine, with the descriptions of his "tired eyes" and his friendly but not-all-there actions, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him being left behind...wherever he is.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing more to this. I'd like to see at least what you had planned for the consequences of using magic. Or, just seeing how Zell gets used to moving into his mother's house. The way you have them just keep plugging on is admirable, and interesting in its own way.

At any rate, whether you decide to continue or not, nice story. Enjoyed it muchly. Great job!

~Velkyn Karma
DeadnightWarrior chapter 5 . 1/9/2007
Ohhmy, loved all of them. Is there any chance you'd be writing more? I seriously don't know why I haven't read this before... Hmm, well. There's nothing sweeter than Seifer and Zell with a kid and as a family, if someone asks me. Need more~

Goes to favorites, absolutely.
butterflie chapter 5 . 4/13/2006
Oh, this fic makes me so happy. It's wonderful to read. And so what if nothing exciting happened? It was really sweet to read! I love interaction stories like this; I don't think they're written nearly enough. So I'm glad you've written this, and I'll look forward to any future parts!
sivasixthreeoh chapter 5 . 2/18/2006
This fic makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. There doesn't need to be a riveting plot because, as you said, it's all about the interaction between characters.

I was quite surprised by Khoral's sudden outburst, but thinking about it I guess it's understandable seeing as she was pretty much playing chauffeur for the family that was abandoning her with another man in her place. I also enjoyed the Irvine appearance, as well as the kindly old man on the train. They had to catch a break sometime, huh?

Loving this fic. Really looking forward to the next installment. ;)
Eoko chapter 5 . 1/6/2006
I loved it. I really did. I love that little dog, I love that kid, and Seifer and Zell. I just love it. I still want to know _why_ Zell goet kicked out, but maybe one day I will know. And... I want to know what kinda GF Zell found. Cause I need a few GFOCs for one of my fics and so far I just have the one the Selphie found and junctioned when she was 12 on her Field Training Day.
lawchan chapter 1 . 1/4/2006
Wha?
Eoko chapter 4 . 12/31/2005
This is really great. The writing is wonderful and your poetic nature definitely can been seen in your descriptions of both the people and the surroundings. Dryn is great and the lil poochie reminds me very much of my friend's long haired chihuahua, Rodicia. Very much indeed.

Since this story takes place dead center in the middle of these guys life, I was wondering why Zell got tossed- tossed... -giggles-. Ah, never mind that. Seifer is easy to assume, since everyone knows he's Seifer Almasy the Great, Second only to Ultimecia in the Collaboration Effort to Overtake Time, Space and the World While We're At It guy, aka The Sorceress' Knight. But Zelly boy's Mr. Neat, Tidy, Follow the Rules, so what flurry of emotion or to justify honor action did the little chipmunk pull to get Squall to kick him out?

Did Squall confess his love to him and Zell turned him down for Seifer, and because he couldn't take the pain of regection from his love, who loved his rival, he abused whatever powers were bestowed upon him to send little Zelly packing? Or... is Squall a homophobic prick and didn't want that kinda stuff going on in Garden even though every slightly-not-straight guy is staring at his leather clad booty 24/7 and he knows it, and he likes it, but he's in denial. And to try and quell is raging hormones he get's rid of Zell who is a physical, real sort of affirmative to those hormones, telling him to just get it over with and sleep with men and be happy?

Yes... yes those where suppose to be two of some of the most cliche plots I could think of in all of 5 minutes. Anywa, I wanna know why Zell got tossed -giggles-. But I'm going to go before I turn this review into another 25 mile marathon.