Reviews for The Necessity of Breathing
Mikkeneko chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
Ah, Al is such a genius! So unappreciated!
simplewin chapter 1 . 2/28/2006
Honestly, this is really good! Al and Ed were very much in character, and the story itself was very enjoyable to read. I hope that you eventually do get to writing a full-fledged version of this fic, because I think some parts (the mission assignment, the hospitalization, and finally the final report to mustang) would be wonderful to read in more detail.

Greatjob *puts in favorites*
Therabidsquirrel chapter 1 . 2/27/2006
Quick, but good. I like. _ My only problem is really a minimal one; you're missing a word or two in some sentences, found one misspelled word, and at the end instead of using 'necessary' you might want to use 'necesity'. It would fit better with your sentence.

But yeah, this is a *really* good fic, and though it felt a little rushed it still was awesome. The plot was good and Al's idea to save his brother was awesome.

Great job!
sparkyfma2000 chapter 1 . 2/15/2006
You scared me there for a second. I thought Ed was going to die. I would of hunted you down and sicked my squirrels on you if you did! I loved this fic! I'm adding it to my favorites!

Ja~ne!

Kanatasha

Physco_Squirrel
Totally-Out-Of-It chapter 1 . 2/2/2006
Onee-chan 1: now see.. That was great. The near death experiance and the thoughts of Al as he almost looses his brother... again...

It: ya, but he also ditches his brother a lot in the show.. run away.. turns away to go with dad.. etc etc etc..

Out: -whacks It over the head- Don't be so mean! -puffs out cheeks cutely-

It: -rubbing head- u didn't have to hit me! -whines-

Onee-chan: ah.. lovers spat. -giddy-

It: SHUT UP! -blushing-

Out: -blushes-
Whispatchet chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
That was cool. Al is really the star of the show, regardless. I would like to congratulate you on a job well done.
Serah Villiers chapter 1 . 1/4/2006
Wow, that was really good. I'm an FMA newby so I can't really comment on how IC they were; but from what I've seen (9 episodes - England doesn't like releasing anime in a hurry ;) they seemed IC to me.

Al would worry like that all the time; Ed held just the right amount of temper. And you even managed to get a short joke in there! I love how you elaborate on Al's senses; it must be hard for him not to be able to touch, he bears so much responsibility doesn't he? *Hugs Al plushie*

Very well done, very well written .
Baeckahaesten chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
That was adorable, and very Alphonse-y - great one-shot.

The two things I'd suggest to expand on the story a bit would be to add a little bit more about what the chimera was doing in the village - the story sort of jumps straight from the foreshadowing to the confrontation, so you don't get more of a set-up, and maybe to add more detail about the mask...in the context of the story, it's all flowing along and then, BA-DUM, mask? Huh? It's a second or two of confusion, is all.

So that's the con-critty bit, because it's such a cool idea well-executed. It read like an episode of FMA, and how much canon-ier can you get? I think the fact that you were concerned as to whether you were creating your 'own little universe' kind of shows you gave things a lot of consideration, and that's good.
Gozilla chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
Excellent story! -
Kellen chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
Alphonse rocks. Why don't more people realize that? _

This is a really, thoroughly enjoyable one-shot. It can stand on its own, I think. While it would be nice to see a story from it (the ending does seem a little rushed), the shortness does allow it to focus on Al all the way through.

What a wonderful story, though. Did I mention that Al rocks? LoL. Thanks for giving us Al fans something to read. _ (Ok, I like Ed, too and Mustang is love, but, you know... _)

I'll be reccing this one to some friends.

cheers,

Kellen
Phantom Tippy chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
:D Twas amazing! Loved it!
CaptainKase chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
XD I found it hilarious that Al invented the respirator. Hehehehe... I also found the bit about how Al hated the dark because it removed one of his two remaining senses interesting. When you think about it, that's very true. :3 Good job. _