Reviews for Genesis Nineteen
Tears of Mercury chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
I've read through all of your posted installments in one sitting, and I'm hooked. This is really good stuff - you capture River better than possibly any other writer that I've found so far. You also write very strong portrayals of Jayne and Simon. It's been a pleasure to read something slow moving, with plot *and* character development. (Too often it feels like one gets cut out for the sake of the other.)

One suggestion: Some of your tenses are a little screwy. I've noticed that in some of the later drabbles/one-shots you tend to go back and forth between past and present tense. There were also a few formatting problems with the earlier drabbles in terms of the thoughts River was picking up from the rest of the crew and italicized words (but that's probably stupid FF's fault).

I'm really sad that you don't seem to have updated for the past three years. Like some other reviewers have mentioned, I'm going to look and see if you don't have later installments posted elsewhere.

Anyhoo, to sum my thoughts up: vignettes love. Rayne love. And your Rayne vignettes are fantastic. So please come back and write more!

Yvaughn chapter 1 . 6/22/2007
Oh-I'm so enjoying these! I hope the rest of the 30 exist somewhere (and will seek 'em out!), but in the meantime, thank you for these!
GAKDragonMCP chapter 1 . 4/3/2007
It's been so long since you've updated. Are you still working on the remaining of the 30 fics? Or have you lost the inspiration?

I hope not, these 17 were really good.
iimagineyou chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
Too bad that this is where it stops. It's a fantastic storyline and that ending is a great cliffhanger. Oh well, hope you find your way back sometime (and to the Avatar fic, lol). You're a very talented writer.
SkyIndustrialist chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
It's a shame you avandoned the story at this point. It was such a big cliffhanger and all.

I always enjoy when Simon is turned into the villain of the story because of his protective brotherly nature. The classic antagonism between the brother and his sister's... Killer Bear.

And it's nice to see yet another interpretation to Jayne's childhood.

There are few variations to the history of the Tam family, but Jayne's mother is one of the characters with more wildly different interpretations.
Lady Dreamgirl chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
It's great. As a matter of fact all of them are great. Very well written Jayne/River. Moves slowly. A lot of fics push them together really quickly but yours doesn't. Keep up the good work. I'll be waiting fot the next few.
Miss Lucifer chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
I just read through all the vignettes and I'm really enjoying them!

I love River's subtlety - I hope the crew start to realise that she may act a little crazy but she's more aware than they give her credit for. Well that's how I see it anyway :)

I really hope she convinces them to go back and get him - and I can't wait to find out just *how* she will convince them.
redick4 chapter 1 . 3/14/2006
Okay, so you wrote this eons ago and I'm just now getting around to it, but damn if it isn't near perfect. I don't know how on course you are for finishing up the 30 stories, but I hope you will get them done eventually.
Culf chapter 1 . 3/9/2006
I've been reading the whole series now, and I think it's interesting how you progress. I can't believe they dumped Jayne on a moon because River teased him! She better make sure they go back and get him! I'm waiting for the next one.
lady scribe of avandell chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
Well, that was certainly a surprise ending. Was definitely not expecting that one.

I read all 23 of your 30kisses stories today. They're lovely, the lot of them. I laughed at most of them, and was deep thoughtful with some of the others (I really shouldn't read so much Firefly fanfiction - it makes me want to write/talk like our big damn heroes). Thus far this series is quite wonderful. I do hope you'll post the last seven soon. I'll certainly be watching for them.

Sere mi Eru...Lady Scribe of Avandell
eg chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
wonderful! i've read all of this series and can't wait for more. thanks so much for sharing with us. i agree - you are super talented.
just reading chapter 1 . 1/10/2006
Shiny ... and sad. Good work.
Tan-is-a-fan chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
Aw! Double, triple aww! I didn't see that last line coming but I'm really happy about it :). I really love the way you intertwined the biblical story with your own story arc, it's brilliantly done.

I can't believe these installments are slowly but surely coming to a close *pout*.

Here's hoping to another update sometime soon. Keep up this great job, you're really talented!
EvilEdna chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
Perfect New Year present - another foc from Lokaia!

Wonderful as always, I loved the way you weaved the Biblical story through yours, and as always I love your River and Jayne voices.

Bravo x
Quinndolynn chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
I am almost glad I have only found this now, since I believe waiting after some of those installments would have been well near unbearable. (Esp. after "The Remedy." That cracked me up.) Anyway, can't wait for the next chapter. Hope it all ends well...