Reviews for Slipping Under The Surface
aphi72 chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
I got home this morning and checked my email and what did I find. The sequel you just mentioned to me ...you work fast. And it has more than met any expectations I had for it.

The way that you write Tristan and Rory attempting to figure out how a relationship between the two of them would work...phenomenal. The fact that you show just wanting to be together isn't always smooth sailing..aha I just love it. You have kept this first chapter in the same rhythm and vein as the original, for which I'm extremely excited about, because I loved the first one so much. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Go Ames.

j
predestined chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
Wow. Amy, you did it again. I simply adore the new story, full of the Rory/Tristan action I love so much. I swear, your stories are addiciting. If that's even a word? I got so happy when I saw that Ali had put up a link to your sequel on the Trory thread, since I love Untouched so much too. Just remarkable, I can't find any words. Now, I'm longing for an update. I want to see how things will play out at the dinner. :D Fantastic job!
Bookworms chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
YAY! I'm so excited you are continuing this storyline - I love the edgy trory goodness lol - can't wait for the next update!
rosie4299 chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
When you first told me about this idea for the sequel, I thought it brilliant. But now, after seeing it come to life, it's beyond brilliant.

It's genius!

I'm loving the relationship that they are slowly trying to build, despite both of them having deep seeded issues. Him with wanting to be better than Dean, to mean more, to be more to her than Dean did, and Rory, with all of her trust issues and family issues and all the changes going on in her household right at this moment. It is proving to be more difficult than either of them really thought it to be. But, I'm pretty sure, that it'd be harder for them to not be together. They have this link, this bond, this thing between them that doesn't happen very often, least of all while the two are still in high school.

The 'mature' part rocked too. Very nicely done. It was suggestive, but not at all over the top. Which is always nice to see. I mean, you are pretty much the Queen of Smut, at least when it comes to Trory, but the fact that you can do so much with little more than the literary equivalent of blurry watercolor shows just how good an author you are.

I loved that Rory got him to go, without even really making him. That kind of feat takes true talent, and she has definately pulled a fast one that would make both Lorelai and Emily Gilmore proud of her.

I'm adoring the way that this is so Untouched, but new. I know, that doesn't make any sense. I loved U, it was fantastic, you did an awesome job. It was a unique look and take on a story that many have done, but few, if any have made at the level that you have. I'm really interested and excited to see what happens next in this saga. Will it be another WHW? I promise, that as long as you keep writing Jasper, I will not make you write this as a trilogy. And you have it in writing now. This review is signed and stamped with my name. It cannot be changed or altered once I hit submit.

I loved the lyrical, poetic style of Untouched so much, I can't tell you how glad I am to see it back. I haven't ever really seen this type of style in other stories. I've seen others try to copy it, but they have all failed. Because it's so undeniably you, everyone elses attempts seem like shoddy covers.

I can't wait to see what happens at this dinner, and at the party. But more importantly, I can't wait to see how you reinvent and incorporate the events of seasons one and two for this story. I know you'll do a great job. Can't wait for the next installment of Slipping Under the Surface!
jaggedcharm chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
Very Good story. I'll be waiting for the next installment. I really enjoy your writing.
just hidden chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
great chapter. i love it. so shouldn't everyone already know? how much does max know? who's going to dislike tristan the most? are rory and tristan going to sneak out by the balcony? can't wait to see what you're going to do.
LoVe23 chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
Yay! I loved Untouched, and I can tell, I'll love this just as much. This was a great chapter..please update soon!
Ali chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
Hey Amy,

This is abh from fanforum. Don't know if you remember me or not . I just wanted to tell you that this story was ...WOW! I can't bring words to describe how good that was . It was honestly amazing.I can't wait for more.

Thank you for writing it .

And stop by fanforum if you have time. Me and Camilla miss you there.

Again,thank you for writing this remarkable story. I honestly re-read it like 8 times.

Ali
Kylie1403 chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
yay you back with more great stuff! tehehe

cant wait to see what you have planned!
southerncoffeeaddict chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
Love it, very well written, please continue.
Season4.5 chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
Loved that you kept the first part in tact. It is downright sexy. There is something about that fag that makes me want to pick up smoking.

I like the way Rory and Tristan banter... They're still pushing the boundaries of their new relationship. It will be a blast to see how Tristan can impress Lorelai and Max.

(Giggling like a little school girl.)

LOVE IT!