Reviews for Through A Looking Glass
zain chapter 9 . 2/15
Cnt believe history could b written like this commendable story fic love ya I like the ss moment Bt ws for vry short. Bt ws absolute gr8
guest chapter 9 . 1/19
Wow this story is soo realistic Just awesome
Chica de Ipanema chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
I'm a sucker for sad endings and I loved this!
dashy chapter 7 . 8/2/2014
Chapter 7 is the exact repeat of chapter 6. i believe you accidentally re-posted the same chapter twice rather than the correct one :/

Otherwise, loving this fanfic so far! :)
Aly chapter 9 . 5/29/2014
This was such a great story. I know it had to end this way (I don't think it would have had a better impact any other way), but I can't help but feel sad that Sakura and syaoran could not have a happy ending. Great job on the writing and plot and I think you handled the ending really well. A lot of good movies, well written fanfics, and addicting TV dramas tend to mess up the endings, but you did well. Thanks for uploading.
blehehe chapter 9 . 4/4/2014
This is another amazing fanfic of yours :D I love how you incorporated some politics war with CCS. It was interesting to see this side of Sakura being portrayed. TT I LOVE the part where Sakura bandages Syaoran's arm, very cute
moon730 chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
it was really a good 1st chappie
For nami chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
For me, this story is the best I ever read in CCS fandom. Try to read the history of Japan and you'll understand why the writer have that ending. Also, in that era, for an influencial family, love isn't necessary. The marriage is always prearranged. Adding Sakura's character as an ambitious woman, you cannot blame her if she didn't notice her feelings for her husband. If you are asking why she didn't give a happy ending, it's just because it's not allowed. Taira clan is a family of samurai. If they don't win the war, death is their only option. Even if Eriol help them to escape, Syaoran, for sure, will commit seppuku. And if Sakura's servant didn't replace her, she will be hunt down. The prince that Eriol was protecting is only needed for support. If they win, they will put him in the throne as the emperor. But it doesn't mean that they will stop after his death. Eriol (having the part of Yoshitsune) is the heir of the Genji clan. I think, that in truth, the one that will sit on the throne will just be pawn which can easily be replace. Though I can agree with you that this isn't a happy ending, i think that it end at it should be.
nami chapter 9 . 12/30/2013
Just thought of another thing that proves Syaoran suffered way too much.
Sakura never showed any affection towards him.

He must have died thinking she never loved him.
Oh, so great she realized her feelings years after he died. But also friggin' pointless.

He could've died at least knowing the woman he loved loved him back.

But nooo.
I'm starting to think you hate Syaoran or something like that o_รต
nami chapter 9 . 12/30/2013
This was so sad :/
I almost cried. Not because of Sakura and Syaoran not ending up together. She couldn't even notice her feelings for him lol
I felt sad for Syaoran. He lived all those years in the battlefield fighting for his family, mourning his little brother, missing the woman he had just realized he loved, and wondering if his son was growing up to become a fine man.
I think he was the one that suffered the most, and in the worst possible way.
In the end, even his little brother's death was pointless.
And that's what I couldn't understand. The prince Eriol was protecting died, didn't him? How the fuck did Eriol win the war? lol
And if Eriol was going to help Sakura's escape, then Miyuki's death was just as pointless as Syaoran's brother.
Besides, what's with Meiling being a princess lol Like, that was thrown away in the story and never used, I couldn't understand that either.

So I disagree that this was a happy ending.
We had pointless deaths, and Sakura never reached her goal of having any recognition whatsoever. She just gave up.
Her purpose in life was to be someone important, but she helped once and then just went away lol
Her son lived all his life fatherless too. What's happy about that?
I think you could've at least put more scenes of Sakura and Syaoran together.
I mean, the guy could get her pregnant in one night, but you couldn't find a way of keeping him alive? lol
Besides, it was so sad that she had to be drugged for it to happen, specially if it was the only friggin' time it was going to happen *introduce deskflip meme here*
Seriously, what the hell.
I was disappointed with this ending, writing this review at least made my depression over it go away a little. Now I have to go find myself a really disgusting fluffly lol
But ignoring the end, I loved this fanfic. I love historical stories.
I just really think you were too mean *cries loudly*
Really, really mean what you did to Syaoran, I'm even considering finding one of those fanfics he does nothing but mock Sakura lol
hannahchuu chapter 9 . 12/3/2013
I felt that I was in Heian period whenever I read this. Even using one if the popular man in history if Japan. You're really fantastic. Ever since I read this, I couldn't forget every single detail of the story. Whenever I heard the name of Yoshitsune, my ears would always react. Hahaha. But really, this story is very fabulous. I love history and you just made a story out of it.
aaartemisa chapter 9 . 11/29/2013
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! I really love CCS and this story is simply fantastic! I'll try to read more of your works.
aaartemisa chapter 5 . 11/29/2013
I'm not to be judgmental in judging the characters here, but there seems to be some sort of apprehension in my heart directed to the upcoming chapters. It makes me wonder what these characters would do, if they have some sort of value or not in the plot of the stories. Anyway, this story is really great. Since I am past the midpoint of the story, I sort of hope that this tale would be longer. Anyways, I'm really glad that a story like this exists. Fun and calculating at the same time, the fast-paced story line send shivers down my spine.
aaartemisa chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
Sigh. This is making me so excited, I don't know if I could take the adrenaline! Well, this first chapter is really intriguing. The small catchphrases like "But soon, things will change" really makes a person curious on what will happen later on in the story. Kudos to you! :)
Tsuki chapter 9 . 11/5/2013
When he was captured, I thought there was no way he would die. When he died, I thought there was no way he was really dead. I was all geared up for that against-all-odds-happy-ending moment that I love to hate. But it never came. And I realized that I was much more satisfied with this ending. I think the icing on the cake was Sakura acknowledging that she missed him, but it wasn't the end of the world because they hadn't even spent much time together. I've never written a review/comment before, but this story was so good I felt like I had to. ) Thanks for an awesome story!
2,057 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »