Reviews for Choices
werewolfsfan chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
Chilling!
Rat chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
that was really interesting. I like Sam's thoughts at the end.
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
Wow, absolutely stunning! I had no clue it was a dream, either. I agree, if John really HAD to make a choice it would probably be Dean he'd save. Although I don't doubt he'd try to offer himself up first. I always wondered, that if John hadn't died after season one, if he'd actually be able to kill Sam if he thought he'd gone dark side. He must have been planning on it, otherwise he wouldn't have asked Dean I guess.

Is this set pre-series by the way? Kind of felt like it to me, but it could probably be either.

Well, I'm adding this to my favorites in any case :o)
Catasauqua chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
Oh, how I hate John!

I don't know if I hate him more because of Deans total acceptance at being sacrificed or for him choosing between them at all! How dare he!

I know this is a dream, but it shows in Deans subconscious he knows what his father is capable of. This dream just may be the beginning of the end of John's iron clad grip on Dean. He will forever be on guard when John is around Sam.

It's obvious the boys would trade their own lives for the other if it came to that, but they would rather both go down fighting.

He is bound to this other.

An offering of Dean's blood in place of his life.

Done and done.

Did I mention how much I hate john!

Hopefully Dean will remember this dream so no explanations will be necessary.

Your dream sequence was outstanding! Wonderful job.

Thank You.

Cat
Crystal Music chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
Nice. Especially the ending. I almost forgave you for the fake-out dream sequence. :)
vintagesque chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
Wow. That was so well written. I felt panicky in the middle of that story. It was so real. I'm definitely going to read all of your other fan fics.
KBecks87 chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
nice job. i loved the ending. great story!
HoofsTails Gal chapter 1 . 2/18/2006
Wow, that took my breath away. I was panicking and I felt all light... like I was there I think. You can convay the characters emotions really well. They don't seem fake at all they seem like real people standing next to me. Another great story.

Tah

HoofsTails Gal
PheebsTWOP chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
Weesta! I'm working my way through your fics, Winchester Christmas story, beautiful, Dean and promises (I loved that) and now with this one. It's amazing. Did not see it coming that it was a dream. So much depth in such a short piece, you've really a gift here! And I too want the charm to be from Sam (just wrote my first fic about that) and I love the significance you gave it in this story and the breaking of the thread. Beautiful!
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 1/7/2006
Beautiful and tragic.
Gertrude-04 chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
Wow. That was really good. Gave me goosebumps. Glad to see it was just a dream, though.
ridley c. james chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
Wow. I don't know what else to say. This was magnificent. I loved the imagery and the whole concept of the dream. I felt just as horrified as Dean when I realized what John had done. It was heartbreaking. I could see it all. It was made more powerful by the fact that it was Dean experiencing it-and Sam doing the comforting. My gosh, I hope you write something like this again. I loved it. Great work.

Ridley
Faye Dartmouth chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
I find this fic fascinating. What would be interesting to explore more is how John's choice would affect Dean's perception of his father-I know it was only a dream, but it just seems like even in a dream that could create some serious issues for Dean. Dean has always defended John to Sam, and explained away Sam's alienation without acknowledging any of its (possible) validity. So clearly Dean somewhat idolizes his father, or at least believes in him completely. Could that ever be changed? Dean chooses Sam, so would he ever forgive his father for choosing otherwise? Not that John could ever make the right choice-would Sam ever forgive him for giving up Dean? And if push came to shove, who would Dean pick between his father and Sam? Obviously these are horrible thoughts, but, like I said, fascinating.
Kasey Clark chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
This had to be one of the greatest oneshots yet! The way you captured all the characters and the storyline was just amazing. Dean realizing what was happening, him trying to save him, his father having to choose, it all wove perfectly together. And allowing Dean to break down and cry even if it was only in his sleep, so heart-wrenching!

The ending was great. Sam knowing that one day one of them would actually sacrifice their lives for the other. and the mentioning of candy canes and lolly pops. I cannot wait to read more of your stories!

~Kasey Clark
Phoebe chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
Phoebe loved it. And hopes you write more fanfics soon.

Phoebe