Reviews for Amelia's Violin
Desertfyre chapter 18 . 12/31/2010
Loved this story and loved the deleted scene! I shall be moving on to the sequel of this story!
Desertfyre chapter 17 . 12/31/2010
Nooooo! Not that moron! Of all things, of all people, of all times for Robert to come, not now! (I never liked him in the series, I don't like him now)

Love the little romance there btw Jonas and Ameila.
Desertfyre chapter 16 . 12/31/2010
I'm not good at advance math so I barely understood any of that. Just when I think I might have had the slightly idea, something else was said and I was lost. lol (Though there are times in SG1 when they have their "geeky moments" and I'm like Jack...plain English people. (Thank God for Jack being a window of understanding for us poor viewers that don't get all the jargon. lol)

Great chapter! D
larthawyn chapter 18 . 4/28/2010
Just read your whole story... and I loved it. I'm just getting into season 6 of SG-1 and I, unfortunately, have developed a thing for Jonas. -sigh- Off to read your sequel... Oh, and I couldn't help myself. I added your story to my favorites. :)
liferscove2118 chapter 2 . 2/8/2009
didn't realise this had been rewritten. glad I caught sight of it over on the isis awards page in the archives.
calledbyname chapter 15 . 4/26/2008
I found this fic today through a rec on jonas_fic on lj and I've been reading it compulsively. I just had to stop at this point (amid all the SQUEE and wondering how it's going to turn out) to say that "Where there’s power, there’s a way to make something explode" has got to be the most perfect Sam/SG-1 line ever.
Spooky Bibi chapter 18 . 8/19/2007
My God, this was such a great story! I'm kind of new to the world of Stargate (one of my friend iniated me a few months ago and we watched the first 8 seasons as fast as we could) but since I watched season 6 I've been a big fan of Jonas. Your portrayal of him in this fic was spot-on, to the last tiny detail!

I also loved how you managed to insert your own ideas in the original course of the season, without ever making it feel contrived. It always amazes me when someone is able to do that (I know I have trouble with that!).

Amelia is a fantastic OC, well described and multi-dimensional. Making Jonas' love interest Senator Kinsey's daughter was a great idea. The whole love story was sweet, I also loved the almost triangle with Malek (a character I was happy to finally see in a fic!)

To sum up, I only have good things about this story! I eagerly wait for the updates on your sequel!
Grav chapter 18 . 3/3/2007
You know, I kept having all these great thoughts stored away for this review and then I started crying WHILE READING THE SONNET and that was sort of the end of rational thought for a while, so I left it for a bit and here I am.

This story was good beyond anything SG-1 I have read in a very long time. I throw around superlatives like water and get all fan-girly when I spam-review, but I really, really thought this was amazing. You have clearly written what you know, and it showed in every sentence.

The music was my favourite part of this story. How it was found, how it brought them together and how, ultimately, it kept them together was just so beautiful and well wrought. I also loved that you clearly know what you’re talking about (it shows in your vids too), and speculated about alien music and tied it into math and OTHER EPISODES and it was just awesome. I know I mentioned tying this story into season six, but I liked the bits about “The Sentinel” and “The Fifth Race” even better.

The medical stuff was also really well done. Although I hope you looked it up, because living through it really sucks.

I really, *really* hate Robert Kinsey. And you did a magnificent job making me hate him even more. He’s just such a jerk and so…ungodly (or perhaps godly, but in the same way the Goa’uld are…), and you completely nailed every word he spoke. I was positively seething all through the last chapter (when I wasn’t crying). Well done.

And now…Jonas.

I had a very love/hate relationship with Jonas the first time through season six. Because he wasn’t Daniel and they kept trying to make him Daniel, and that bugged me. The episodes with him that I love the most are those where he is the furthest away from what Daniel had been. At the same time, I do think they underwrote the character, because he was so awesome and they never really used him as much as they might have.

What you have written here is the perfect “fix-it” for season six. It incorporates everything that made Jonas great, and also allows him to develop instead of being constantly just along for the ride. Looking back on season six, especially now that Daniel is even less Daniel-y than he used to be, I appreciate Jonas even more. Daniel’s wonderment was always very confined, and his arrogant bitter streak, while nice for the angst, is getting on my nerves. Jonas’ angst runs in another direction, and I find myself relating more and more to him.

A very long time ago, I had a conversation with MyLittleRedGirl, wherein we decided that Daniel is the kind of person we would like to be, but Jonas is the kind of person we would like to *date*. I think that is what makes him ultimately more appealing and even, somehow, more human than most of the other characters to have appeared on the show. He’s just…so very awesome. And also quite pretty.

Grav chapter 17 . 3/3/2007
Malcolm Barrett is entirely too awesome. I named my portable harddrive after him.

Anyway, SQUEE! again, with a fair side of "aw" and then a big Bwah ha ha snort! at the end when Kinsey showed up.

*rubs hands together*

This should be fun...
Grav chapter 16 . 3/3/2007
I meant to say this a couple chapters ago, but I love the thought of alien music and how their math and science reflect it. I mean, just listening to Chinese music is cool, and they are from our planet!

I love that music saves the day. This is the best fic ever.
Grav chapter 15 . 3/3/2007
Jonas totally has the gene. If only because Nirrti turned it on.

I love the shout-outs to Atlantis in this. It's fun to see Pegasus tech turn up on SG-1 (with an explanation, of course. which you gave) and now I need to scuttle off and read about Amelia saving the day.
Grav chapter 14 . 3/3/2007
Dum da DUM! indeed!

I love that it was discoverydiscoveryOMGGoa'uld! and then cliffhanger. That was great. It also means a short review, because I need to know what happened!
Grav chapter 13 . 3/3/2007 I have a picture of Jonas in my head where he does that "ride the bicycle into the fountain" gag. Hee!

I like this as an "everyone finds out and it all gets a little crappy" chapter. Because it's totally something Jonas would do, and do it without thinking. And also? It is very well written. :)
Grav chapter 12 . 3/3/2007

I have some great, Jonas-y thoughts which I have been saving for the review of the last chapter and I am tempted to tell some of them now...but I won't! Because I want to see what happens next. :)
Grav chapter 11 . 3/3/2007
Poor Malek. That guy simply cannot catch a break. At least he's still alive...even if we haven't seen him in a few years.

I've mentioned this before, but I really do like how you've put Amelia into the events of season six. It's really cool.