Reviews for Sweet Mercy
moewe24aol.com chapter 17 . 6/1/2009
Dear Vanityfair!

As I understand, your authors ego feeds on positive reviews, hence your request for a little contribution to its emotional well-being...

Well, in case of this story, its easy! So please accept the sincere thanks of one humble ordinary German seagull (moewe) for an enjoyable and up to now very thrilling story. In fact, I think that the writing style is fantastic, quite impeccable and it is fun to read for a non-English-native-speaker. Lets say, you can sort of dive into the mood of the story and enjoy. And from chapter to chapter, the tension gets higher, to the same degree as the net of danger gets tighter and tighter around our (your!) two protagonists. And moreover, there is enough humor in it to make one smile now and then. I would so much like to get one of those Wandering Wazzits, if you please! Please note: NOT one of the Crumplesnacks. There are enough crumpled snacks in every canteen or gas station shop all over the country *sighs*. And poor old Sev in his Hawaiian outfit in an old overland bus in the midth of Nicaragua is simply divine.

Call me stupid if you like (or better rather not, my ego is living on moral support, too), but I still do not know for sure who is the female servant of His Lordship... Abby? Would that be too easy a conclusion? His Oddity and the thingy he is going to use for resurrection is described in a very creepy way... eyes, a heart and whatnot... *shudders*.

And I felt very much relieved that our couple finally managed to find the time for horizontal gymnastics in one of the last chapters. Finally! With all their attempts and the constant interruptions, especially by the... whats he called? The short little man Severus brews for. Quite obnoxious, that one. But funny.

Well, is that enough praise for the time being? Sometimes, even a silent reader cannot remain so. Would not be fair.

Hm... funny little aspect as it may be, but this reader is sometimes quite astonished by the fact that the majority of the esteemed authors seem to be of the opinion that our Sev is such a competent lover. Well, I would surely wish for that, given the fact that Mrs. JKR gives him such a horrible, lonely and hardly bearable life. I think there is really no positive aspect in it, up to the brutal end. But in my opinion (and only in my opinion, mind), he can hardly have had any physical relations at all. I think so not because I like the idea of somebody living abstinent all their lives, but in the books he really is given the characteristics (the looks, the cynism, the frustration etc.)of a person completely deprived of this aspect of life. But please forgive me, this is just my opinion.

Dear author, as I understand, the past few months have been full of changes for you. I sincerely hope that everything turned out well and that you have found yourself a good place to live. Please do not stop writing this story, there are people waiting for more.

All the best to you!

Moewe
ausername chapter 17 . 3/9/2009
Creepy and cute packed into one! I'm looking forward to more.
MrsHermioneSeverusSnape chapter 17 . 2/17/2009
update soon im glad your back and hopefully its till the end of the story, please
Mina chapter 17 . 2/14/2009
Great story. I like how you interwine a bit of humor with all the uncertainty and seriousness. Did Voldie really survive...and if so, how did a hall full of people NOT notice? (Assuming that you are keeping this fic somewhat cannon, with the obvious exceptions).

I really am itching to know who the girl that serves the Dark Lord is...

Please update soon!
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 2/14/2009
Well-whatever you did, it was worth it. Extremely good chapter. I don't blame Harry a bit for wanting some rest from the whole war thing, but surely he could have told _somebody_ about this before now. I also don't blame Snape for being extremely insecure, and I'm glad that Hermione isn't shy about showing how much _she_ needs _him_.
Southernswimmer chapter 17 . 2/10/2009
Can't wait! Love the story!
Aurette chapter 17 . 2/3/2009
I just found this fic for the first time and I have to say it is a delight! I cannot wait for an update!
Maddie50 chapter 17 . 2/1/2009
Wow, your private life sort of mirrored Hermione's.

So, what did Harry tell Hermione? You left us hanging, on purpose I am sure. I liked the flow of the conversation between Hermione and Harry.

I also enjoyed "hearing" Severus's thoughts while he waited for Hermione's expected return from Harry's and their subsequent reunion. The way "I love you" was communicated was rather Slytherin and I am glad it was reciprocated.
notplainjane chapter 17 . 2/1/2009
In the last couple of days, I re-read the whole story plus the new chapter, and I'm completely enthralled and intrigued again. I'm dying to know what Harry told Hermione that made her cry (darn that Boy Who Lived!). I still think there's another character helping Voldy, and I can't figure out who (I've pretty much ruled out Percy & Hermione's boss at the Auror dept). I'm curious to find out what Severus thinks Lucius can tell them. Finally, I'm surprised to learn that Severus doesn't know much about Horcruxes. Mostly, I'm just happy to sink back into your suspenseful thriller.
Fmh chapter 17 . 2/1/2009
Thank you so much for getting back to this story!
Diana chapter 17 . 2/1/2009
This story is worth the wait. Thanks for updating!
Shiv5468 chapter 17 . 2/1/2009
I do hope LUcius isn't behind this.

And I bet Lucius could do that if he wanted, but probably won't want to ;-)

Good to see you picking this up again and I look forward to more chapters
dmeb chapter 17 . 1/31/2009
What a very pleasant surprise to see the update :)

I'll be looking forward to the next chapter
Droxy chapter 17 . 1/31/2009
Hugs! Welcome back! Lovely new post with lots of romantic goodness. XD
WolvesLunarRose chapter 16 . 1/8/2009
Oh I love this story so much! I can't wait to read more, but I do have a question, is Snapes hair still purple? If so I hope Harry notices! That would be funny! LOL Anyway please up-date as soon as you can _ LUL
334 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »